watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My concern about the squad right now

Started by AlexW132, July 15, 2017, 10:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Pound for pound, Poundje is a decent left back, if he signed, this will enable Sess to play further forward whereupon at this monent he far more effective, but we need half dozen players in the squad minimum, and three of them need to be starters and key players.
We have only 17 outfield players including Doneghue, and we do not even know for definite who our first choice goalkeeper will be.
Not even taking injuries into account during the season. This is not the best way to prepare for a season, if we are to challenge for promotion.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 16, 2017, 05:23:01 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 16, 2017, 05:16:02 PM
Why are we writing off Sess at LB?

Is he ready for 46 games, probably not, but I'd think we be fine if he was starting LB and this french lad that's coming over can be his cover?
Sess cannot defend well enough to be starting LB. And if Poundje does sign, he'll be a starter.

Malone and Fredericks couldn't defend either and Sess is far more clinical going forward.

southwest6

i don't think betts and button will both leave.

if we sign rolan and poundje which is surprisingly looking increasingly likely, also I am fairly confident Kalas will sign,  our team may look like this

betts
poundje ream kalas Friedericks

cairney mac johansen

aluko rolan ayite

subs: sess, piazon, LVC, djalo, kebano etc

this is still speculation and may not be our squad come august but IF it were to be, I personally feel this is a very strong squad and could certainly push for promotion. I do feel we need a stronger keeper though

AlexW132

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 16, 2017, 06:17:16 PM

Is he ready for 46 games, probably not, but I'd think we be fine if he was starting LB and this french lad that's coming over can be his cover?
Sess cannot defend well enough to be starting LB. And if Poundje does sign, he'll be a starter.

Malone and Fredericks couldn't defend either and Sess is far more clinical going forward.
And Malone and Fredericks weren't good enough

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 16, 2017, 08:46:15 PM

Once the team finally settled, we were the best in the league so I'm not sure why you think they weren't good enough. Especially considering one made a Premier League move.

Deuce

Some good points on here but it seems to me that some people think that our squad is static and wont develop, therefore we always must buy 3-4 new players every summer.

I for one believe the opposite. Players need to gel, their relationship on the pitch needs a lot of time, seasons actually, before we see their full potential. I believe that when we strenghten one area of our squad, it will have a positive effect on other areas as well.

I dont claim that our squad is perfect but we can never get it all and we can never get exactley what we want,so we have to compromise. If we can get the two Bordeaux players and Kalas and a new gk then I cant see how thats not a massive improvement. Rememeber that there werent that big step to promotion, so we wont be needing an overhaul. Small steps is key when buliding a squad.

AlexW132

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 16, 2017, 08:52:05 PM

Once the team finally settled, we were the best in the league so I'm not sure why you think they weren't good enough. Especially considering one made a Premier League move.
We were not the best team in the league, we conceded too many goals

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 17, 2017, 09:01:51 AM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 16, 2017, 08:52:05 PM

We were not the best team in the league, we conceded too many goals

and by the looks of it, we are still letting in too many goals. Perhaps the club should considers playing two goalkeepers. Button could do the talking and the sweeping and the shotstopping, and Betts to take the Goal kicks, Free kicks, catching at crosses and corners, save the pens, and distribute the ball, perhaps they could share distributing the ball, which looks something like this  👉➡️⚽️.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.