News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Im going to talk about Fulham for my university presentation in Japan.....

Started by Fulham hammy end ultras, July 23, 2017, 02:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham hammy end ultras

My university in Japan said that I need to do a presentation about your favorite club , and I chose Fulham. Can anyone give me tips for what I can say ? (Remember i will do it in japan so not something too
confusing pls)

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

cmg

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 23, 2017, 02:21:03 PM
Junichi Inamoto

Excellent suggestion. Although explaining the Intertoto Cup might stretch the simplicity thing a bit. The dimensions of the trophy might appeal to their taste for things miniature, though.

Rather irrelevantly (sorry) this reminds me of a Lester Piggott story. (Lester is my 'other' sporting hero. They raised a statue to one and put the other one in jail.)

Jeremy Tree the Old Etonian racehorse trainer was asked to give a lecture at his old school and approached Lester for advice.
Tree: Lester, I've been asked to go back to Eton and tell them everything I know about horseracing. What do you think I should say?
Lester: Tell 'em you've got flu.
:dead horse:

Slaphead in Qatar

Tell them Fulham also have an economic miracle - we have a billionaire owner who doesn't want to spend money on us.

JHaynes Paperboy

:046: 051
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 23, 2017, 04:44:42 PM
Tell them Fulham also have an economic miracle - we have a billionaire owner who doesn't want to spend money on us.
Pointless reply.

sunburywhite

Also Gerry Peyton who played 345 games for Fulham from1977–1986  after his player career came to an end, took up the role of a goalkeeping coach with Japanese teams Vissel Kobe and Jubilo Iwata.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

akf

Tbh, people in Japan are a lot like people in other countries. If they care about サッカー (sakka - soccer), they will know more than just the basics about the sport in Europe.  What would probably be most interesting would be:
1. How you became a fan
2. The concept of relegation and promotion- the JLeague has the same concept, so you can draw a parallel there
3. The long march through relegation and promotion from the depths of the league to the prem

Embedded in the Japanese psyche is the concept 頑張 - Gamba -  perseverance. You can tie in how the team continued to fight until we made it to the prem, and continues to fight now to get back - and how as fans we persevere through all the tinkering and wholesale changes that are made to this great team.

And yes, start with Inamoto. Dont forget that he joined just after Japan reached the second round of the 2002 world cup, co-hosted by Japan and Korea. Most fans I speak with in Japan remember him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk