watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kalas Returns

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 27, 2017, 12:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Still looking for the chequebook down the back of the settee.

YankeeJim

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 27, 2017, 07:00:52 PM
don't get me wrong I'm really pleased his back however, am I the only one who's disappointed that its another loan and not a purchase?

Isn't he out of contact next year? Maybe we'll get him on a free.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 27, 2017, 07:00:52 PM
don't get me wrong I'm really pleased his back however, am I the only one who's disappointed that its another loan and not a purchase?

Everyone's hope I assume is that we get promoted, and if so, Kalas will want a permant transfer to a Premier League Fulham where he helped get promotion and where he will play rather than at Chelsea where he will sit on the bench at best.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

Tremendous news, we were looking weak at the back without kalas  but still think we need to replace Malone for our stating eleven to be as good as the one that finished last season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 28, 2017, 10:45:06 PM
Tremendous news, we were looking weak at the back without kalas  but still think we need to replace Malone for our stating eleven to be as good as the one that finished last season.

We need our starting 11 to be stronger than the 11 that finished last season, and be as consistent.
As you say no replacement for Malone yet, as well as a couple strikers.
As for the defence, liable to concede goals even with Kalas. I just cannot see where the next clean sheet is coming from.
The fact that the number 5, 9 and 12, shirts are still to be distributed could be an indication that there are other incomings.
With one of the smallest and inexperienced squads in the Division, if Fulham have serious aspirations to get promoted.
Then it's time they stopped penny pinching and invest the Money from sales, that's burning a hole in the Chairmans back sky rocket, otherwise we will fall short again.
That would be ill judged not to, as well as lacking foresight.
There is no cut price cheap formula for getting promotion anymore.
Too many good sides and big clubs are going for it this year.
Up to 12 clubs will seriously fancy their chances, and only 3 will succeed.
Keeping fingers crossed and praying there will be not be too many injuries is not good enough.
It takes a lot more than that.
No matter how good a manager and coach and tactician Jok is, unless he has enough of the right players, he will fall short again, he cannot perform miracles.
To accumulate, a club has to speculate, and cut down the poor errors of judgement, that hamstrings a manager.
On that basis, with the players we have, I feel we are still players shy in key positions, that could of course change within the next month.
But as we have a competitive start against good opponents during August, it would be incompetent as well as negligent if we dropped unnecessary points because of a flawed transfer policy, and we end up next May debating what might have been, what could have been, and what should have been.
Because if we fail to achieve promotion,  it will not be so easy in a years time to hold onto the jewels in the crown, and loanees will only get you so far. 
Then of course there is the Manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.