watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nowhere Near Good Enough.

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 29, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Time for the return of the prodigal son from Derby?  A bargain at £28K a week. :005:

Andy S

I cannot see how yesterday's training game is a barometer for the coming season! All anyone is saying is give it a chance to jell. There are people on here living on their nerves. God just relax it is just a game that will give you entertainment every Saturday and all it costs is the price of a season ticket. If it is as entertaining as last season, what a ride

SP

Quote from: Andy S on July 30, 2017, 02:22:02 PM
I cannot see how yesterday's training game is a barometer for the coming season! All anyone is saying is give it a chance to jell. There are people on here living on their nerves. God just relax it is just a game that will give you entertainment every Saturday and all it costs is the price of a season ticket. If it is as entertaining as last season, what a ride

The frustration for me yesterday was the apparent failure to address the 2 main areas of concern from last season.  Let's hope the starting 11 on Saturday will prove me wrong.

snarks

Brighton lost to Fulham pre season last season and their fans were moaning like hell, saying how much better and sharper Fulham were. I'd settle for the season they had last year. Pre season is for fitness and systems nothing more

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: SP on July 30, 2017, 02:26:21 PM

The frustration for me yesterday was the apparent failure to address the 2 main areas of concern from last season.  Let's hope the starting 11 on Saturday will prove me wrong.

Good thing the window doesn't close July 31st then.

SP

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 30, 2017, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: SP on July 30, 2017, 02:26:21 PM

Good thing the window doesn't close July 31st then.

Yes, I'll hope for a couple of useful additions & prey we don't lose any of the three musketeers.

davew

Quote from: nose on July 29, 2017, 05:50:09 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2017, 05:42:56 PM
Not an over reaction at all,and my thread isn't just about today's game,read the post properly,and I hope we wallop the Canaries..

i agree it is not an over reaction... in actual fact I think it was a restrained comment based on what we actually know. the owner has no interest in us progressing and I suspect his actions (inactions) will lead to the best manager in the division leaving us.
Would we blame him leaving.....not at all!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2017, 07:24:32 PM
Time Fulham FC spent some real money then. 
They probably have on increasing the staff in the statistics department!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

Quote from: snarks on July 30, 2017, 02:27:34 PM
Brighton lost to Fulham pre season last season and their fans were moaning like hell, saying how much better and sharper Fulham were. I'd settle for the season they had last year. Pre season is for fitness and systems nothing more

If you use that analogy as a season ready barometer it would appear we need a few more games then. Across numerous comments yesterday it seems only Aluko did enough and we do not appear to have a system when it comes to consistently threatening the oppositions goal. Are we going for a pacey outlet, a slow build up with no target man but lots of probing, plenty of midfield dominance and see how it goes or if you get close enough ping off a shot. Pre season over and we are split over a starting keeper, what is the least frail back four and where are the goals coming from. I am a long way from throwing the towel in but the next game is a 'proper one' and the preparation does seem messy at the very least.

J.Perkins

This pre season has been the first for sometime without an emphasis on "gelling the new players". Since our main core of the squad hasn't changed, and I think we all agree that our system from last season works, our main focus was focusing on fitness and finding more about the fringe players.

Most of the games had Djalo at CB, often partnered by Sigurdsson. They deserved a chance, and they got it. The outcome is that neither are anywhere near the level we need.

Our midfield of Cairney, Johansen and McDonald is the key part of our system. Once again, most were given an extended rest, whilst the new players and the youngsters were given a proper chance. We know that Cisse is decent, but no McDonald. O'Riley could be the next youngster to break through, amongst Edun and others 

Goalkeepers, Button was given the most opportunities to play. He had a rough time last season, but unfortunately for him, it has continued into this season. I believe his time at Fulham, for his own sake, should end quickly. The need for stronger keeper should be high up on the list, because you can't rely on an injury prone keeper in Bettinelli.

We are in a good position this season, we now have depth in most positions. Some major business is still needed at GK, LB and ST, but I believe that everyone's questions have been answered from this pre season. Yes, the results were poor, but if we go and beat Norwich, all will be forgotten.