watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr. Toby Roland-Jones

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, July 29, 2017, 07:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Really happy a guy can come into the team at 28-9 and do so well. His facial expressions are priceless, from his batting, edging a six to how he embraces his team mates. Seems like a thoroughly nice bloke. With a name like that he could easily be a Fulham fan.

fulhamben

So glad he got the Fifer today. Shame we were just short of the follow on. Up to root now to do what cook never did and that's grow a pair. Gonna be a few rain delays so need to go out hard in the morning and declare by lunch. Give us some real time to try and win it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jonaldiniho 88

Can't see them getting 250 tbh but soon as we are 300-350 depending on how quickly we are scoring get them in.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes he appears a great addition to the team, and a players player. Despite the rain England are in a great position.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

Bit harsh on cook. Think his is a great player, good guy, and average captain. As one of my favourite commentators said captaincy is 90% luck and 10% skill, just don't try it without the 10%.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 29, 2017, 07:36:50 PM
Bit harsh on cook. Think his is a great player, good guy, and average captain. As one of my favourite commentators said captaincy is 90% luck and 10% skill, just don't try it without the 10%.
he was an ecb puppet. I lost count of the number of times he failed to enforce follow ons. Purely to get bums on seats for extra days. And how many times did we have an unassailable lead, only for him to keep us batting till two overs before stumps on day 4

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: fulhamben on July 29, 2017, 08:39:16 PM
he was an ecb puppet. I lost count of the number of times he failed to enforce follow ons. Purely to get bums on seats for extra days. And how many times did we have an unassailable lead, only for him to keep us batting till two overs before stumps on day 4

Yeah I can't meet eye to eye with you on this. I don't think he was "cooked". Or cook ed. he is not an exciting captain and will never go down as a great captain but Strauss will and he was more cautious than cook. I've really enjoyed the last 20 years of test match cricket from England. I won't be pointing fingers as it's been an absolute rollercoaster. To suggest there are betting discrepancies needs substations.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 29, 2017, 09:01:29 PM

Yeah I can't meet eye to eye with you on this. I don't think he was "cooked". Or cook ed. he is not an exciting captain and will never go down as a great captain but Strauss will and he was more cautious than cook. I've really enjoyed the last 20 years of test match cricket from England. I won't be pointing fingers as it's been an absolute rollercoaster. To suggest there are betting discrepancies needs substations.
not suggesting betting discrepancies at all. But when he comes out after we skittle a team out in under 40 overs, and says I thought the bowlers needed a rest, you know he is lying. It wasn't to throw games, just to make them last longer

fulhamben

We wanted some more batting practice was another little Brama.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: fulhamben on July 29, 2017, 09:07:39 PM

not suggesting betting discrepancies at all. But when he comes out after we skittle a team out in under 40 overs, and says I thought the bowlers needed a rest, you know he is lying. It wasn't to throw games, just to make them last longer

Batting practice or burying a team. Jennings did his best to make this wicket like a minefield. His runs today make me think he has character but taking him to oz opening would be a huge mistake imo. Leaving the opposition a reachable target is good for the game. It isn't good for a captain.

Jonaldiniho 88

Root looks clueless. I'd still back him. I we don't lose the ashes he has succeeded. I spent a year in oz and their wickets take some bowling on. Ten overs you can take wickets, 70 you score. Broad and Anderson are incredible bowlers here. The reason so many bowlers in oz fling it at 95mph is because you need to.
Such a great place to watch sport. 100,000 people. I cannot see a win for England. 3-0 Australia would be my bet. We are struggling to beat South Africa in England. I think smith will average over 80.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 29, 2017, 09:19:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 29, 2017, 09:07:39 PM

Batting practice or burying a team. Jennings did his best to make this wicket like a minefield. His runs today make me think he has character but taking him to oz opening would be a huge mistake imo. Leaving the opposition a reachable target is good for the game. It isn't good for a captain.
who would you go with, not a fan of balance or hales.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 29, 2017, 09:26:38 PM
Root looks clueless. I'd still back him. I we don't lose the ashes he has succeeded. I spent a year in oz and their wickets take some bowling on. Ten overs you can take wickets, 70 you score. Broad and Anderson are incredible bowlers here. The reason so many bowlers in oz fling it at 95mph is because you need to.
Such a great place to watch sport. 100,000 people. I cannot see a win for England. 3-0 Australia would be my bet. We are struggling to beat South Africa in England. I think smith will average over 80.
root looks clueless? In what way?

Jonaldiniho 88

082.gifIn fairness smith averages 80 root will be close. I cannot see root getting the better hand in oz because their bowlers are playing on roads. You get wickets through pace not skill. We have jimmy, broad, and who? All bowl under 90mph. The wicket takers in oz bowl at what speed?

Jonaldiniho 88

The duke ball is just a better ball than the kookaburra. But they play with that since 5 yrs old. On Aussie wickets. Without cook having a storm we will loose.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 29, 2017, 09:43:08 PM
082.gifIn fairness smith averages 80 root will be close. I cannot see root getting the better hand in oz because their bowlers are playing on roads. You get wickets through pace not skill. We have jimmy, broad, and who? All bowl under 90mph. The wicket takers in oz bowl at what speed?
Willey has pace.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 29, 2017, 09:46:30 PM
The duke ball is just a better ball than the kookaburra. But they play with that since 5 yrs old. On Aussie wickets. Without cook having a storm we will loose.
cook plays like a proper old school opener when he goes down under. He will hold his end up and let the others score

Jonaldiniho 88

I think we are agreeing. I see no fault in cook or root. Our bowlers are the most skillfull in the world. Bowling in oz is lile spanking a mule. There is nothing there. Unfortunately I think we have s great attack but jimmy won't be bowled, broad does it in spells, and our other options are just not good enough. The only way we beat them is to do so with Sean, pace and spin

Jonaldiniho 88

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 29, 2017, 09:58:29 PM
I think we are agreeing. I see no fault in cook or root. Our bowlers are the most skillfull in the world. Bowling in oz is lile spanking a mule. There is nothing there. Unfortunately I think we have s great attack but jimmy won't be bowled, broad does it in spells, and our other options are just not good enough. The only way we beat them is to do so with Sean, pace and spin
broad might do it in spells, but when he is in that spell, my god he is devastating. Got a feeling there will be a few draws due to the ability of our middle order.