watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What the manager actually said

Started by Lighthouse, July 29, 2017, 10:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

In general we play exceptionally good football first hour and we conceded one very weak Championship goal and after we try to equalise the game - they score some second goal and at the end of the game they dominate us and the result is completely fair.

This is our last test and we I expect we are going to be in better level next Saturday when we start the competition against Norwich.

Does this result worry you at all?

It is always positive to finish the pre season with a positive result but on Saturday we will forget this game and 100% you will ask me about Norwich game.

Always it is important to build up the competitive and positive mentality, we didn't have the chance today but I expect we are going to have the chance next Saturday.

Does the depth of the squad worry you a little?

I expect Tom Cairney, Neeskens Kebano and Kevin McDonald are going to be available for Saturday's game and it is probably these three players are our important players in the last season and I'm sure we can be better with them.

This is about recruitment - first of all I am very happy because we signed Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon and I am very happy because Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon stay with us.

In this moment the only job that I can do is to fight for Sone Aluko because around me there is some news that we are thinking about selling him.

If we do this it will be big mistake for my team and I didn't be part of this recruitment this year and I can't comment anything about this process.

In the future we are going to need some quality player in different positions and in the end we need little bit more quality at centre back.

We need when we sell Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele to start talking about replacement for that position and I expect we'll find quality that can help us and I believe it is natural that we didn't replace the position of Scott Malone who is important player for us.

It is not in my hands I expect for the club to bring me more material and I am really motivated working with these people and try to make the team more compeititve.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

Thanks lighthouse it's funny how people can put a totally different emphasis on the same story

The Rock

:plus one:
Quote from: Andy S on July 29, 2017, 10:43:44 PM
Thanks lighthouse it's funny how people can put a totally different emphasis on the same story

..FOF..

So this year recruitment should be more efficient because there is no second checkmark needed in Joka to stall any signings?

Hopefully this is a good news because Joka seems capable of managing a team in which some of the players are thrown in by robots :D

nose

the transcriptis very useful so thanks for that. for those of us that heard him live, it was clear what emphasis was being made. this has to be taken into the generalaity of his comments a few days ago on the official web site. and his comments last winter and before that august 2016. it makes for very unsettling reading,

Nero

Quote from: nose on July 29, 2017, 11:24:45 PM

the transcriptis very useful so thanks for that. for those of us that heard him live, it was clear what emphasis was being made. this has to be taken into the generalaity of his comments a few days ago on the official web site. and his comments last winter and before that august 2016. it makes for very unsettling reading,

don't worry, his English is poor when hes talks about not being involved in recruitment hes on about the selling of Aulko, not players coming in, he uses recruitment for players in & out think hes just saying hes hasnt talked to anyone about Aluko leaving as hes doesn't have the command of the language,read it again and you will see what i mean

filham

Thanks for the transcript Lighthouse, it confirms what I thought I heard on the OFAL but could hardly believe what I was hearing.
Still hard to believe that Jocanovic has no part to play in recruiting. Have we ever before had a manager who has no part to lay in transfers, hard to see Jocanovic staying long under these conditions and even harder to see us finding a replacement for him.

nose

Quote from: Nero on July 29, 2017, 11:31:54 PM

don't worry, his English is poor when hes talks about not being involved in recruitment hes on about the selling of Aulko, not players coming in, he uses recruitment for players in & out think hes just saying hes hasnt talked to anyone about Aluko leaving as hes doesn't have the command of the language,read it again and you will see what i mean

well i read it and I heard it too, so I hope you are right.
I think it wasn't so much the lack of linguistic skill, rather his suprise so close to KO. Personally i think aluko will stay, i just think the manager is very uneasy at the moment about the totality of the squad, as he was last august and january. That is my opinion. if we bring in a few plyers of the right qality soon then we shall be able to breath a sigh of relief!

Nero

Quote from: nose on July 29, 2017, 11:39:26 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 29, 2017, 11:31:54 PM

well i read it and I heard it too, so I hope you are right.
I think it wasn't so much the lack of linguistic skill, rather his suprise so close to KO. Personally i think aluko will stay, i just think the manager is very uneasy at the moment about the totality of the squad, as he was last august and january. That is my opinion. if we bring in a few plyers of the right qality soon then we shall be able to breath a sigh of relief!

No manager is ever happy with his squad look at Conte and Pep they still want players

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on July 29, 2017, 11:55:22 PM
The thread title and some posts above suggest some of the alarming excerpts on other threads have been taken out of context... I must be missing something because the full text seems to me entirely consistent, i.e., no less alarming, than the key quotes taken in isolation

1500.gif

Only alarming if the manager hasn't said the same thing from day one about his lack of involvement which makes me feel he is not angry about the situation just pointing it out. The Aluko thing was cleared up when the club made it clear they have turned down many offers and are offering a new contract to the player. However I think the frustration that I feel as well is lack of improvement with players coming in. But you and others have made it clear in other threads that you are happy about the squad being as strong as last season. So I am not sure there is any story here. Just down to opinions about squad strength but the manager has never been involved in transfers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

If that's from GWL, heres the rest of it:

Do you feel that the targets you wanted have been met?
As I said last season, behind of us it was interesting pre-season. We are working hard and we are make our supporters enjoying and build our style too.

If we want to be better we need to build and bring quality people in our sqaud.

This moment I don't observe my team in the highest level what we were last season or where we finish the season last year and what I say before, my role is completely ignored in recruitment this year and I can't comment anything about recruitment but what I expect - I expect quality players who can help us to be better than we were last season.

How is Marcus Bettinelli?
He was a little bit scared about his hamstring and we expect he will be available for next week.

Can we clarify, are the players coming in not on your list or are they players that were on your list?
My list is completely ignored and in this moment we decide follow one way I didn't find so many sense and in this moment I don't feel any responsibility.

In this moment, from recruitment process, for another side I am going to show my ambition for working with the team in the pitch and other side I must show respect to my players to supporters and my family and push hard to do everything to be successful.

Why wasn't Kevin McDonald in the squad today?
He, like Tom Cairney and Kebano have some kind of the small problems and we don't want to take any risks for this game and I expect they can be ready and available for the start of the Championship.

READ MORE

RaySmith

Thanks for this.
The tone of voice is  also important in assessing  Joka's comments I suppose, but it's good to see what he actually said.

I do find his comments a bit ambiguous, though I would say that he doesn't seem  too happy.

I thought it was club policy that the manager was involved in bringing players in - under the two tick philosophy, whereby both Kline and Joka have to approve transfers, and the  traditional scouting method as well as the stats methods are used to  assess players.

The squad definitely seems thin, but it was last season. can Joka work his magic again? To be honest I'm not  sure what he thinks from this interview, and his words are open to interpretation, as we can see from the differing comments on here.

hovewhite

I think its madness that joka doesnt have a say on who comes in,but he must of knew that when he signed the new contract last season and im suprised he signed it.

Mince n Tatties

Talksport having their say again,saying that Slava is favourite for the first manager to go,maybe before season even starts...They really are a bunch of Drama Queens  on that Station.

dannyboi-ffc

Having an Italian nan I know that when foreign people speak broken English it doesn't always get interpreted in the right context. It's very difficult to make sense of what Joka means because the sentences don't often make sense.

I think it's very easy to take it as a negative, I'm not suggesting he is happy but imo he doesn't strike me as the type of manager who is ever happy. He always wants more from his players and more from his Chairman.

So if we are looking for him to dance about and kiss Khans feet it's not going to happen. But Joka is a very clever man, why sign a contract with your stock high and a couple of months left to run if you weren't satisfied with the situation?

Imo he can't be anymore upset than he was this time last year calling out Kline and look how that season finished. So i'd suggest try to take it with a pinch of salt and see what happens next week. Remember, we beat Brighton 3v0 in pre season and they were promoted.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

Khan's said before that he worked very hard and long to get SJ here and I can't see him letting him go lightly.

Furthermore, I took his comment "not being involved in recruitment" to mean the negotiations, contract etc. You wouldn't expect that, he's supposed to be coaching the team.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DLTOOFIF

Some very good points made above. However, given the excellent way in which we gate-crashed the Play-Offs (albeit unsuccessfully!), shouldn't we be getting positive vibes from the Club not something that all depends on your interpretation of someone speaking in his second language? Facts are that we had a lightweight squad last season and were very lucky with injuries, especially to our three musketeers. An as things stand, we haven't even replaced those who've gone let alone bolstered what we had. For all our faith in the Head Coach based on last season's brand of football and great run of results once he got things together, shouldn't the hierarchy be bending over backwards to ensure we stand a chance of getting more of the same? Business-wise, the money is to be made in the Premier League so why are we being left with the impression that we're dragging our heels once again. No one wants stupid money spent on expensive misfits (Mitroglou) but some astute signings wouldn't go amiss. The season starts in August, not November. Must admit, despite being a glass-half-full person in general, I'm not smelling too much coffee right now...

alfie

Why would a manager accept having no involvement in transfers if he does/did not agree with it. He can't really complain if he accepted the situation.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BedsFFC

Quote from: DLTOOFIF on July 30, 2017, 09:35:59 AM
Some very good points made above. However, given the excellent way in which we gate-crashed the Play-Offs (albeit unsuccessfully!), shouldn't we be getting positive vibes from the Club not something that all depends on your interpretation of someone speaking in his second language? Facts are that we had a lightweight squad last season and were very lucky with injuries, especially to our three musketeers. An as things stand, we haven't even replaced those who've gone let alone bolstered what we had. For all our faith in the Head Coach based on last season's brand of football and great run of results once he got things together, shouldn't the hierarchy be bending over backwards to ensure we stand a chance of getting more of the same? Business-wise, the money is to be made in the Premier League so why are we being left with the impression that we're dragging our heels once again. No one wants stupid money spent on expensive misfits (Mitroglou) but some astute signings wouldn't go amiss. The season starts in August, not November. Must admit, despite being a glass-half-full person in general, I'm not smelling too much coffee right now...

As someone else pointed out, Slavisa actually says he is very pleased 3 times.

DLTOOFIF

I accept that Alfie. But that's not the point I was making. Whoever and whatever, following last season's uplifting football the last thing we should be reading about/hearing about is discontent. Even from a PR perspective, the message to the fans should surely be something along the lines of "we're determined to build on last season's successful campaign and ensure we do all we can to do even better this time around," with transfer activity to match.