more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What the manager actually said

Started by Lighthouse, July 29, 2017, 10:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: DLTOOFIF on July 30, 2017, 10:08:23 AM
I accept that Alfie. But that's not the point I was making. Whoever and whatever, following last season's uplifting football the last thing we should be reading about/hearing about is discontent. Even from a PR perspective, the message to the fans should surely be something along the lines of "we're determined to build on last season's successful campaign and ensure we do all we can to do even better this time around," with transfer activity to match.

nicely put, that is what I wanted to say but I am too verbose!
we were so well placed at the end of may, how do we get to a state where the manager and so many of us feel that we are at best no better, and as it seems probably a bit worse off?
I am ever the optimist and hope against hope the management will learn the lessons but i fear that we are being managed based on a pre-conceived theory by people with no experience not willing to learn. When MAF arrived his first act was Keegan and that was a master stroke, the Khans need to appoint somebody like that

alfie

Quote from: nose on July 30, 2017, 12:44:33 PM
I accept that Alfie. But that's not the point I was making. Whoever and whatever, following last season's uplifting football the last thing we should be reading about/hearing about is discontent. Even from a PR perspective, the message to the fans should surely be something along the lines of "we're determined to build on last season's successful campaign and ensure we do all we can to do even better this time around," with transfer activity to match.

we were so well placed at the end of may, how do we get to a state where the manager and so many of us feel that we are at best no better, and as it seems probably a bit worse off?
I am ever the optimist and hope against hope the management will learn the lessons but i fear that we are being managed based on a pre-conceived theory by people with no experience not willing to learn. When MAF arrived his first act was Keegan and that was a master stroke, the Khans need to appoint somebody like that
Don't think we are worse off as we now have Norwood cisse and djago, accepted we have lost Malone, but all the others that have gone were not in the frame anyway.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Quote from: Statto on July 29, 2017, 11:55:22 PM
The thread title and some posts above suggest some of the alarming excerpts on other threads have been taken out of context... I must be missing something because the full text seems to me entirely consistent, i.e., no less alarming, than the key quotes taken in isolation

1500.gif
0001.jpeg

nose

Quote from: alfie on July 30, 2017, 04:45:39 PM
Quote from: nose on July 30, 2017, 12:44:33 PM

Don't think we are worse off as we now have Norwood cisse and djago, accepted we have lost Malone, but all the others that have gone were not in the frame anyway.

and whilst he was not a favourite of mine we have lost parker and he was lub captain but more importantly brought real experience to the team.  However I actually think we are worse off because the players will be wondering why we have not moved on, and the manager will be thinking the same. the players we have brought in? I haven't seen them so I can't comment but the reports and the few snippets I have seen do not look encouraging but johansen took quite a while to settle so we need to give them a few games too.

I do happen to think we are weaker, malone will be a massive loss.

VicHalomsLovechild

I'm pretty sure SJ knows his value and knows what it takes to get a team promoted. He's putting a bit of pressure on those above and the team.

"In this moment the only job that I can do is to fight for Sone Aluko because around me there is some news that we are thinking about selling him. If we do this it will be big mistake for my team and I didn't be part of this recruitment this year and I can't comment anything about this process."
Surely a message to Sone and those above to back him.
"In the future we are going to need some quality player in different positions and in the end we need little bit more quality at centre back. We need when we sell Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele to start talking about replacement for that position and I expect we'll find quality that can help us and I believe it is natural that we didn't replace the position of Scott Malone who is important player for us. It is not in my hands I expect for the club to bring me more material and I am really motivated working with these people and try to make the team more compeititve."
What's wrong with wanting better players? And they don't nessacaryly have to come from outside do they? time for those that want it to push for it.