watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the point of 2 sub keepers?

Started by res, July 30, 2017, 10:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

2 friendlies where we've had 2 subs as keepers, yesterday Button (who came on) and Norman...can't see the point unless SJ is making the point that our squad is very thin. Could have included Humphries or Williams but assume that SJ doesn't see them as being even squad players. Always thought that Williams would be OK but maybe not...his loan spell at MK Dons was underwhelming.

Andy S

I have never liked substitutions and neither do players  they always look dejected as they trundle off. As for two keepers on the bench, why not

aaronmcguigan

Could be that Slav doesn't trust this u23 bunch like Williams, Humphrys, Kavanagh who will be loaned out until they're bought or released. I still think they could at least be on the bench to try and prove themselves, as well as options to help any slight injuries, fatigue etc

We had Steven Humphrys modelling a Man Utd kit and watching Sky sports at home with a bacon butty when the match was on , after being given the weekend off. How can that be viewed as decent squad management? Are the owners etc aware?

I'm all for making a point, but not when you're keeping youth options out of the team and denying them an opportunity in a non competitive match. If that was making a stand , and making a point, I don't see ithr point of having space on a matchday squad but not using it.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Andy S on July 30, 2017, 10:46:29 AM
I have never liked substitutions and neither do players  they always look dejected as they trundle off. As for two keepers on the bench, why not

2 out of 6 subs being keepers does not make sense. It's effectively losing a sub because you're not going to play 3 in one match. We haven't done that throughout pre season yet still named 2 keepers in a bench of 6. There are plenty other options to use. 2 keepers on a bench of 12 maybe like a complete squad is more logical as unused subs would be expected in a squad that size