watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know the club is wary about FFP

Started by Peabody, August 07, 2017, 05:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

But and this is true, to avoid the rain on Saturday, I brought myself a pint of Guinness the barman filled the plastic glass right up to the top and left it to settle, suddenly another barman rushed over and said that is too much and got a teaspoon and scooped two levels of the top. I said to him you're having a laugh and stood there completely gobsmacked.

Holders

That's crazy, you're meant to let Guinness settle then top it up!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

copthornemike

Report him - totally unacceptable and possibly illegal under Consumer Law legislation.
I noticed a pint of Guinness has gone up to a fiver - well above the inflation rate

Holders

Mike is right, report him, it's terrible customer relations.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Whitesideup

Quote from: copthornemike on August 07, 2017, 06:55:09 PM
Report him - totally unacceptable and possibly illegal under Consumer Law legislation.
I noticed a pint of Guinness has gone up to a fiver - well above the inflation rate
And at the real ale bar, the cost has gone up from £4.50 to £5.00 for a pint of bitter, a rise of 11%. Easy to calculate, easy from a point of view of change - big price increase.

aaronmcguigan

Think you just got a crap barman.

Fill it up by pulling back the tap tilting glass at 45 degrees til you hit halfway up the harp logo.
Leave to settle 69 seconds usually but varies depending on how you've poured, Push forward to fill, aiming into the middle, fill to 1mm above the lip of the glass

On a completely unrelated subject, Guinness factory tour is a great place for a first date .....

Andy S

If it's full to the top you will only spill it. Ban plastic glasses I say

MaidstoneMark69

I have been disgusted by the beer prices at the ground for some time and this just tops it off!!! I'd rather not have one than pay that, and if we all did it the club would soon see sense, can't see that happening tho..........

Jimmy Hill

I thought all pints in London were £5?