watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adetayo Edun - Left back option?

Started by love4ffc, August 07, 2017, 02:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

With so many on here thinking that Sess is more of a left winger, not a left back, I am wondering how people who have seen Adetayo Edun in action would do as a left back option for the first team?  I see he has played for England U19 so he must be pretty good. 

I see on the transfer market that he is under suspension until approximately Nov 9th in the PL2 league.  Would that still hold in the Championship? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

..FOF..

Wasn't Edun on the bench during the Norwich match?

If yes, then he should be eligible for the rest of the matches.

Milo

Does he play LB for Eng U19s?

I think if he was considered as an option at LB we would've seen him there in pre-season. Although I've already numerous times expressed my disappointment with our pre season LB choices!

Think Odoi played reasonably well there when he came on at weekend.

Jamie88

I'd quite like to see Jokanovic experiment more with a 3-5-2 formation - stick Madl in with Kalas and Ream, which gives Sess and Fredericks more freedom to attack the wings which appears their natural game

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Milo on August 07, 2017, 08:28:03 AM
Does he play LB for Eng U19s?

I think if he was considered as an option at LB we would've seen him there in pre-season. Although I've already numerous times expressed my disappointment with our pre season LB choices!

Think Odoi played reasonably well there when he came on at weekend.

Scouts and trainers internally at the club actually view Edun as a better option at LB than Sess. He will similar to Cisse in that he can fit into two positions for us.

Milo

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 07, 2017, 08:43:54 AM
I'd quite like to see Jokanovic experiment more with a 3-5-2 formation - stick Madl in with Kalas and Ream, which gives Sess and Fredericks more freedom to attack the wings which appears their natural game

Will be a difficult sell to the masses! Your plan to resolve an already shambolic defence is to get rid of a defender?

filham

This would mean we are changing a successful system because we sold a good left back. The next step could be sell Cairney and switch to a long ball game.

Two Ton Ted

Two teenagers contesting the left back position, not the best option IMO.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Jamie88

Quote from: Milo on August 07, 2017, 08:51:34 AM

Will be a difficult sell to the masses! Your plan to resolve an already shambolic defence is to get rid of a defender?

Technically I'm adding a defender,  but I get your point

cmg

Tayo's suspension is for the double yellow he received in the u19 Euro Cup Final. It covers the next u19 match (Nov 8).

He played left side CM for England and did so very well indeed.

I doubt that he is ready for a regular Championship start at this moment, but it would be interesting to see he shapes up with some sub appearances.