watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I just bitter?

Started by F(f)CUK, August 11, 2017, 10:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

BBC are doing a goal of the premiership. I waited for our last premier season to see if Kasami's goal made the list. Wilshere's tap in following a typical Arsenal build up was there. I assumed that one of the other goals would knock that out. Van Persie's goal the year before was sublime. But Wilshere's  goal is now in the final 5. Am I missing something or are Arsenal supporters spoiling the vote again?

Andy S

To be absolutely blunt, Who cares. It is all a matter of opinion and most people couldn't care less. On this occasion it is the BBC. It is all crap like Big Brother, X factor, Britains got Talent and opportunity knocks. It affects nobody unless they want to be affected. So as there are no points at stake, I really don't care

aaronmcguigan

Kasamis was a good goal but it's indicative of the season it was in that we were calling out for individual brilliance to save us as the team effort and ethic was so poor.
I don't see why comparing goals is a thing, it's like comparing the shineyness of your pound coins, they're all worth the same in the end, and different people do different things to earn them... but it's a game of opinions and everyone's got one,

Whether or not Wilsheres goal "is better" than Tony Yeboahs screamer is like comparing two absolutely different things, both with their merits, but both different in the extreme.

Personally I'd like to forget everything that happened in that season, and if that includes sending kasamis goal into Room 101 then so be it. The side we currently have would put that relegation team to shame and thinking back of wrong decisions at the wrong time by the wrong people.

dannyboi-ffc

Two opinions that I regard as factual but only because I'm adamant about them, not because they are actually facts are

Fact 1- Kasami's goal is the best goal Fulham have ever scored.
Fact 2- Kasami's goal would be regarded as the best premier league goal ever scored if he played for a bigger club than Fulham.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bog

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 12, 2017, 09:06:00 AM
Two opinions that I regard as factual but only because I'm adamant about them, not because they are actually facts are

Fact 1- Kasami's goal is the best goal Fulham have ever scored.
Fact 2- Kasami's goal would be regarded as the best premier league goal ever scored if he played for a bigger club than Fulham.

Exactly. Kevin Klein said it was the best goal he had ever seen. The Mail this week had their correspondents saying their best ever goal and none said Kasami. At the time the day after this goal was spotlighted on the main BBC news, I don't recall any of the others doing likewise. It stinks...as usual.... :031:   

Andy S

Sorry to come back after stating I had no interest and still don't. However if you were judging good goals surely the match and the circumstances it was played should be very important. This can only be judged by your own supporters who may remember those circumstances. I think there have been lots of goals more important than Kasami's goal and I still ask today was it a mis-hit. Does it matter it was a goal

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Andy S on August 12, 2017, 09:58:06 AM
Sorry to come back after stating I had no interest and still don't. However if you were judging good goals surely the match and the circumstances it was played should be very important. This can only be judged by your own supporters who may remember those circumstances. I think there have been lots of goals more important than Kasami's goal and I still ask today was it a mis-hit. Does it matter it was a goal

Depends how you interpret it. Obviously there have been many more important than Kasami's, in terms of greatest I suppose Dempsey's ticks every box.

But talking about 'best' goal, I don't think the match or opposition should make that much of a difference. You are judging the quality of the goal and the uniqueness of the goal. I've never seen anyone score a goal in that manner before. Whereas I've seen Dempsey's type dink from outside the box at least once a season in some  league

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

filham

With goals it is quantity that matters not quality hence the saying that there is no such thing as a bad goal.
Having said that it will take a long time for Fulham fans to forget Kasami's goal, just a shame he did it just the once.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on August 12, 2017, 11:14:18 AM
With goals it is quantity that matters not quality hence the saying that there is no such thing as a bad goal.
Having said that it will take a long time for Fulham fans to forget Kasami's goal, just a shame he did it just the once.

I think that's what is so special about it. It's the type of goal that will probably never happen again.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Southcoastffc

Exactly.  That's why tv companies have long ignored the fact that goalless matches can be great contests and will never show them before games with several goals. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 12, 2017, 11:44:18 AM
Exactly.  That's why tv companies have long ignored the fact that goalless matches can be great contests and will never show them before games with several goals. 

It's kind of irrelevant though. If the question was 'a game with Fulham scoring 5 or a 1v0 win with an amazing goal" then I'd want the one with lots of goals. But regardless of whether we score 40 goals in a season or 200, there's still going to be one that can be voted as the best.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Southcoastffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 12, 2017, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 12, 2017, 11:44:18 AM

It's kind of irrelevant though. If the question was 'a game with Fulham scoring 5 or a 1v0 win with an amazing goal" then I'd want the one with lots of goals. But regardless of whether we score 40 goals in a season or 200, there's still going to be one that can be voted as the best.
I get what you're saying but personally I would always prefer to watch a good competitive 90 minutes rather than a one sided goal fest. Each to his own. ☺
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.