watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm not that tech savvy...........

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 12, 2017, 06:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

.........and shouldn't have needed to go over 30 minutes to get a picture.

although I had some guys giving me suggestions and none seemed to work.
Thanks chaps.

Change to Chrome
Sign out and in
Click here
Click there

Having paid and receipted for today I should have simply been able to go to the normal
GK link and get the video as well
Wrong.
Buffering and then a blank screen for over 30 minutes trying this and trying that.

It could of course be argued that I should know how to sort out all this stuff.
But I've never had any trouble before apart from buffering on the recorded playbacks,
and unlike many people on here who have never worked for Geek Squad, I have never worked for Geek Squad,
which is why Geek Squad exists, although Best Buy shares have dipped considerably since Amazon has announced
a contender to GS (that should at least keep the prices competitive) for Geekiots like me.

Unfortunately I didn't have time for a warm up practice as the recoding only started just before
the game commenced

In the end the picture came up (1 camera) but good quality and 'in sync" with GJ
I have no idea how I managed it, but had a delayed furiousity restored to happiness.
Opps...to soon.... after a few minute  "Invalid error, low stream" or something like that.
After clicking, more buffering, tapping, signing in/out and a plethora of other moves
up it came again.
But after a minute (ish) it was HT.

My computer seems to be configured (if that's the expression)  to work OK on most things
and I have managed to negotiate through the pitfalls of streaming sites.
But this was like a burglars dog trying to find a light switch.
Of course the longer it went on the more annoyed I was becoming which of course caused
bad decision making and more delays.

One of the guys kindly asked me to Skype him (thanks 11) but should I really have needed to
go through that for a seemingly innocuous task ?

Perhaps a simple FAQ could be provided by the club (or maybe someone kingly on here)

If you have paid for this 'viewing' go to ...................and click on.............
(as per GJ)
If you haven't paid you will only get commentary.
Click on .................and the live video should start (at approx.)
If it continues to buffer, try......................
If the screen stays black, try...................
or............................
or.............................

WE have had reports that it does not work on Internet Explorer and we suggest
you download Chrome

You may get an invalid error.
This could mean you haven't paid or it's an invalid error.
Try.........................................and this should resolve the issue.
If it doesn't, don't cry you are a grown man

Also XXX may happen.
Here's what to try...........................

or you could try

Reconfuration on your browser substation on the desktop subdrive inverter thingy.
Go to tools and click on tools. and click on ActiveX F12 development.
Then swoop down to the left and click on the buff folder (next to your FFC shortcut icon on the tool bar.
Next, Go to file (top left, or is it right) and open the immersive browser and add caret browsing on the
webpage security tab.
Make sure the tracking protection is turned to sleep mode (along with the airplane button)
and that the Smartscreen filter is tuned to "Manage media license" F13 button on the top and that
the Num Lock is neither on nor off. (also on tools)
Delete our browsing history and add to the pop-up blocker option 17 

Or perhaps someone could arrange for the first paragraph to ensure the wife doesn't get a slap and the dog
doesn't get a kicking (which reminds me, where is the dog ?)  Oh I remember, I haven't got one.

Once again thanks to the guys who helped me through my inaugural mine sweeping exercise.

LOL  BTW  FYI  lol  JIC  Read 1 Ful 1

Now click Post
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES