watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Channel 5 football.

Started by bog, August 13, 2017, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

What is other's opinion on the new lady in the Channel 5 football last night?

092.gif

Arthur

Quote from: bog on August 13, 2017, 06:56:58 PM
What is other's opinion on the new lady in the Channel 5 football last night?

Why not set the ball rolling by giving me your opinion?

bog

Perhaps it was nerve but not impressed. Rather too flippant for me.

092.gif

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: bog on August 13, 2017, 07:23:28 PM
Perhaps it was nerve but not impressed. Rather too flippant for me.

092.gif

Caroline Barker is no stranger to football reporting. Never off 5 live and knows non league inside out with the non league show. Thought she done well and brings that dynamic into focus of having games reported and analysed rather than the initial banter. Offers another outlook,  and she was also very informative on the Facebook live show where they expanded on all the league 1 and league 2 games , which is a really good addition.

bill taylors apprentice

She, and the whole show is a big improvement on last seasons (that's not difficult) altough I still find that Iwelumo hard work!

Lighthouse

She knows her stuff I am sure. Football shows now all try and follow the blokey, mates down the pub routine. Not sure it works but it is better than it was.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

Think the best thing to do, ( I don't know about budgets/ time limits )  would be to flesh it out to 90minutes focusing on Championship, 12 matches by 5 mins each and then analysis on top.

Then 90 minutes on league 1&2 combined 3 mins x 24 matches talking through and analysing and rest for adverts .

Then an online show/ Facebook live show for more detailed analysis of lower leagues with a football league show 2 type show ala MOTD2.

It's not as if the channel5 schedule is choc a block and things can't be manoeuvred. They employ enough people to cover all this and have Caroline Barker take the online show as she's feeling her way into the new role.

From what I've seen Colin Murray has been really active on social media getting the views and open to changing things up based on viewer feedback, as opposed to the strict format it took the past few years

Barrett487

I think what struck me was their inability to even consider that there may be a contentious side to the Kalas dismissal. I'm not saying it was wrong, but they should be aware.

bog

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2017, 09:02:51 PM
She knows her stuff I am sure. Football shows now all try and follow the blokey, mates down the pub routine. Not sure it works but it is better than it was.

:plus one:

bog

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 13, 2017, 10:55:02 PM
I think what struck me was their inability to even consider that there may be a contentious side to the Kalas dismissal. I'm not saying it was wrong, but they should be aware.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on August 14, 2017, 08:23:52 AM

Yes very true, you hit the nail on the head there. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

King_Crud

I just want them to show the highlights, no analysis, no listening to fans of the clubs. And then maybe have a separate preview or review show. Sky used to have an excellent football league preview show on a Friday night, but they stopped it unfortunately

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: King_Crud on August 14, 2017, 08:46:29 AM
I just want them to show the highlights, no analysis, no listening to fans of the clubs. And then maybe have a separate preview or review show. Sky used to have an excellent football league preview show on a Friday night, but they stopped it unfortunately

Agreed there, and it doesn't suit them trying to be one of the boys or girls down the pub, as the prospect of them being just that is unlikely. 
There is far too much analysis, by individuals who have probably never known what it's like to end up eating dirt, when your being late tackled by a hairy 6 foot plus hit man reaking of Young Best Bitter on a freezing January Sunday morning on Wandsworth Common.

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 14, 2017, 08:32:54 AM

She also said that Kalas got sent off in the play-off semi finals which he didn't so I didn't rate what she way saying particularly highly. Much to the annoyance of some fans I'm sure, she also called Button one of the best goalkeepers outside of the premier league.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 14, 2017, 12:32:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 14, 2017, 08:32:54 AM

She also said that Kalas got sent off in the play-off semi finals which he didn't so I didn't rate what she way saying particularly highly. Much to the annoyance of some fans I'm sure, she also called Button one of the best goalkeepers outside of the premier league.

Jobs for the girls.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Didn't think she's that good ,and just when after a week I think its better than last year they introduce a Doris,who gets her facts wrong 1st week re Kalas.
No  ex players just action just highlights please.