watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (15/08/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 15, 2017, 06:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Should Stuart Dallas get the start for Leeds United against Fulham?
Northern Ireland winger has only started the match against Port Vale so far this season

Leeds United's Northern Ireland international Stuart Dallas had a good preseason, scoring some impressive goals. So while it's not necessarily been a surprise that Kemar Roofe and Gianni Alioski have been preferred to him for the two league matches against Bolton Wanderers and Preston North End, the Fulham match on Tuesday would give head coach Thomas Christiansen a chance to introduce some squad rotation on the wings and give Stuart Dallas his first League start this season.

In the final preseason game for Leeds against Oxford United, Stuart Dallas came on in the second half and provided an excellent goal cutting in from the left hand wing to shoot on his favored right foot. This performance capped off a pretty decent preseason campaign for the winger. Currently Kemar Roofe, who also had an excellent game against his former team, and Gianni Alioski are both preferred to Dallas in the first team. Alioski has been used on the left by Christiansen, although the two wingers did swap sides at one point against Preston.

Dallas did not even make the bench against Bolton, which left many pundits and fans a little surprised. Hadi Sacko was the preferred winger to be on the bench against Bolton, and he looked poor when he came on. Dallas did start last week against Port Vale and it was his cross that bounced off the crossbar for Saiz to collect that created the first goal for Leeds against Vale.

Dallas was introduced late in the match against Preston as Leeds were chasing a goal to break the draw, but he barely played and didn't have a big impact on the match. Roofe, Alioski's usual partner on the wings, seemed off against Preston and didn't seem to ever settle into a groove in the match. It could have been from the physical nature of the play of Preston, or simply Roofe didn't have a very good match. Either way, perhaps the Fulham game will provide an opportunity for Roofe to take a rest.

Giving Stuart Dallas the start on the left wing opposite Gianni Alioski on the right wing against Fulham would allow Alioski the chance to play on the right wing, where he looks more comfortable, and if Saiz starts at the number 10, attacking midfield position, it will allow Alioski and Saiz to once again work some of the chemistry that they showed against Port Vale. Sacko wasn't very good against Bolton and was quite poor against Port Vale. It was telling that all of the three of the goals were scored after he came off the pitch for Alioski. Having Dallas once again play during the midweek game will allow Christiansen to keep the players fresh, as another big match against Sunderland looms on Saturday.

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2017/8/14/16141896/should-stuart-dallas-get-the-start-for-leeds-united-against-fulham-northern-ireland

WhiteJC

Cup Tickets Confirmed

Tickets for Fulham's Second Round Carabao Cup tie against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday 22nd August (7:45pm) go on General Sale from 12pm on Monday 14th August.

Prices for the fixture are shown below, with Season Ticket Holders able to enjoy a £5 discount on their match ticket with advance prices. Additionally, Season Ticket Holders will have their existing seats held until 10am on Thursday 17th August. After this time, all seats will be released for General Sale.

All supporters who have signed up to the Home Cup Scheme will have their credit/debit cards charged automatically.

Fans are advised that they will receive a paper ticket for this game.

Category    Season Ticket Holder
Advance Price    Non-Season Ticket Holder
& Matchday Price
Adult    £10    £15
65 & Over    £5    £10
18-21 years    £5    £10
17 & Under    

£5
   £10
Matchday Hospitality

Why not enjoy the action in style with Matchday Hospitality. Spend the evening in the Chairman's Club, with food and drink served prior to kick-off and at half-time, and seats on the halfway line of the Riverside Stand.

Priced at £79 per person (+VAT), fans can call our Hospitality team on 0208 336 7555 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/14/cup-tickets-confirmed

WhiteJC

Piazon: Fulham can go to Leeds feeling positive

Lucas Piazon believes Fulham should approach their next two games in an upbeat mood after fighting back with 10 men to draw against Reading.

The Whites had defender Tomas Kalas sent off inside the first minute at the Madejski Stadium, but earned their second successive draw in the Championship thanks to Piazon's late strike.

Fulham travel to Leeds United on Tuesday, before taking on another of the fancied promotion contenders, Sheffield Wednesday, at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

The Brazilian midfielder, who also netted in Fulham's Carabao Cup victory at Wycombe last week, said: "With a man down for 90 minutes, to go back home with one point is a positive thing.

"The boys fought very hard. We knew to defend with one man down for 90 minutes would be tough – sometimes 10 minutes with 10 men is difficult, so imagine 90 minutes.

"We just kept fighting and it felt good at the end. It's important to start well and we need to go into Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday with a positive mentality to win the games."

Fulham were forced to regroup after just 35 seconds, when Kalas was red-carded for hauling down Mo Barrow, but still restricted Reading to minimal few scoring opportunities.

Piazon added: "Credit to everyone – I was on the pitch for 25 to 30 minutes, so I had more legs than everyone else and I was just trying to push them a little bit higher up the pitch."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/piazon-fulham-can-go-leeds-united-feeling-positive

WhiteJC

Journalist provides worrying Fulham update ahead of Leeds United clash

Fulham could be without a number of high-profile players for their midweek trip to Leeds United, reports the Yorkshire Evening Post's, Phil Hay.

Slavisa Jokanovic will be without Tomas Kalas, who was sent-off in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Reading, whilst Tom Cairney is also an injury doubt.

Cairney, one of the Sky Bet Championship's standout performers last season, did not feature against Reading over the weekend after picking up an injury in the warm-up, but he has not been ruled out of Fulham's trip to Elland Road on Tuesday.

Fulham without suspended Tomas Kalas tomorrow. Cairney was injured in warm-up at Reading on Saturday but hasn't been ruled out at this stage

— Phil Hay (@PhilHayYEP) August 14, 2017

Cairney scored in both fixtures against Leeds last season, and his Fulham side will be heading to Elland Road in search of their first victory of the 2017/18 campaign.

Jokanovic's side have managed just two 1-1 draws in the Championship so far this season, which came against Norwich City and Reading.

Their opponents on Tuesday have started the season strongly, with a 3-2 victory over Bolton Wanderers and a 0-0 draw with Preston North End, giving Thomas Christiansen's side four-points from their opening two fixtures.

Last season, Leeds and Fulham were up against each other in the race for the Championship's top-six, with the Cottagers eventually finishing the season sixth, as a late collapse saw Leeds end up seventh.

The Verdict

Lining up without Kalas is a blow for Jokanovic, but if Cairney is once again missing, that will be even more of a concern for Fulham when the visit Elland Road.

Fulham will be hoping to pick up their first victory of the season when they face Leeds, but Christiansen's side have started the campaign strongly and Elland Road will be a tough place to visit this season.

However, Fulham have had a difficult start to the season, and Jokanovic's men will hand Leeds their biggest test so far, giving the contest a real edge.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-provides-worrying-fulham-update-ahead-of-leeds-united-clash/

WhiteJC

Fulham playmaker comments on goal against former club

Loanee Fulham midfielder Lucas Piazon has described scoring against Reading, one of the other clubs with whom he has spent time on loan, during Saturday's 1-1 draw at the Madjeski Stadium as 'magical', as per the club's official website.

The Cottagers were forced to abandon their usual expansive style for virtually the entire match, after Tomas Kalas was sent off within the first minute of the match, but Piazon's goal, eight minutes from time, ensured that Slavisa Jokanovic's side returned to West London with a share of the spoils.

Talking about his solo effort, Piazon said, ""It's always good to score in front of our supporters, especially at the Madejski where we had a tough time last season. I felt fantastic to be honest, it was a magical goal for me."

Speaking more generally about the way the team were forced to play, the Brazilian said, "It was a tough game, defending with one man less is always hard, always tough no matter what team you're playing, and the boys did fantastic.

"Defensively, everybody was helping, everybody was giving 100%, just trying not to concede, and I think it was a brilliant effort. Our mentality and discipline was beautiful to watch I think. First half, one man down, the boys were defending [fantastically]. Reading basically had no clear [chances] to score. When I came on it was 0-0 still, so I was just trying to help the team."
AdTech Ad

The Verdict:

Reading fans may not agree, but I feel it was refreshing to see a player not engage in a false muted celebration against a side for whom they have previously turned out – Piazon is now playing for Fulham and trying to help them get promoted so there is no point him pretending he feels guilt for netting against Reading.

It was a wonderful strike, and it was always going to take something special to get Fulham up the pitch to grab a point, with their players undoubtedly exhausted after playing the whole match with one player less.

Piazon is right to praise the defensive effort of his team mates and it is indicative of Fulham's team spirit that even a young playmaker like the Brazilian is conscious of the dirty work needed to get out of this league.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-playmaker-comments-on-goal-against-former-club/

WhiteJC

Leeds must promote Vieira to starting XI v Fulham

OPINION

Leeds manager Thomas Christiansen needs to give Ronaldo Vieira his first league start of the season on Tuesday for the Championship encounter against Fulham.

The 19-year-old midfielder has been eased back into action due to his involvement this summer in helping England win the Toulon Tournament.

He was absent from the opening day squad against Preston, but has since picked up 90 minutes in the cup win over Port Vale and was a second-half substitute on Saturday against Preston.

The Yorkshire giants recorded a 0-0 draw at Elland Road against Preston and Vieira was one of the standout performers when he was introduced.

The central midfielder came on to the pitch after 61 minutes and delivered a combative display to frequently help win the ball back for his side.

His development last season from the academy was a major positive and he has proven that he is good enough to warrant a starting XI position.

Vieira is an energetic powerhouse that is one of the Championship's best young talents and must be promoted to the starting line-up.

Meanwhile, Kalvin Phillips should be the unfortunate casualty from the team and his inconsistency means he belongs on the bench.

The academy graduate delivered a man of the match performance in the opening game of the season as he scored twice in the 3-2 win over Bolton.

However, he was well below par against Preston and failed to have a serious impact on the match.

Vieira looked much livelier when he replaced teammate Phillips and was much more productive in possession too.

It is refreshing for Leeds to have two of their academy products make such a big impact on the first team, but it's currently Vieira who belong in the side alongside the more experienced Eunan O'Kane.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/08/views/leeds-must-promote-vieira-to-starting-xi-v-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham's brilliant Brazilian hails big point at Reading and admits players were raving about Denis Odoi

Lucas Piazon rescued a point for Fulham but they could have even nicked a win

Fulham's hero on Saturday Lucas Piazon salvaged a well-deserved point at Reading on Saturday under difficult circumstances.

The Cottagers, down to ten men for virtually the whole match, following Tomas Kalas' first-minute red card, battled superbly to contain the hosts.

Reading finally broke down the Fulham door in the second half, but Piazon came on against his former loan side to race through and equalise.

Speaking after the game to the press, including Get West London, the attacker hailed his team-mates for giving all they had.

"With it being the start of the season it would have been bad for us to lose the game," said Piazon.

"It wasn't good with the way the game went, going down to ten men for 90 minutes, but to go home with one point in the end wasn't a bad thing.

"Playing for ten minutes with ten men is difficult, so imagine what it was like for 90, so it was very tough for us and the boys fought really hard.

"To take one point was a positive thing. We knew Reading would get some chances with us being down to ten men.

"They went ahead with a good finish but we kept fighting until the end.

"Credit to all the boys, they were working hard already before I came on. I got around 25 minutes so I had more in my legs that everyone else.

"I think we could have won it, we had some chances, but so did they, so it was a close game."

Piazon also paid tribute to Denis Odoi, who came on in a tactcal change straight after Kalas' red card, and the defender put in a great performance at centre-back.

"For a right-back to go into centre-back, the boys were all talking about it after the game," said Piazon.

"He was very solid and good in the air, and sharp. He was very good."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/fulhams-brilliant-brazilian-hails-big-13474137

WhiteJC

I was surprised how little Reading threatened my Fulham team-mates and I, says stopper David Button

Cottagers goalkeeper David Button delighted with deserved point and personal performance

Fulham stopper David Button admitted he knew from the moment Tomas Kalas was sent off on Saturday that he would be in for a busy 90 minutes.

His team-mate was shown a straight red card inside the opening 60 seconds at Reading, giving the Cottagers a mountain to climb against one of last season's best sides.

However, it didn't quite turn out to be the busiest afternoon for Button, with Fulham digging in superbly.

And after going behind, they showed great character to equalise, thanks to substitute Lucas Piazon.

"We deserved the point. It was a tough afternoon, and I think just for the attitude of the players and the amount of effort we put in, we deserved a point," said Button, speaking to Get West London.

"Reading may say differently but we showed great character and it ended up being a good result."

Reflecting further on the game and in particular Kalas' sending off, was there enough cover coming across in the Fulham backline that maybe should have warranted just a booking?

"The speed of the game to make a decision, it's going to be close either way," said Button.

"But it's one of those things we had to deal with and the boys knuckled down.

"Naturally, I knew I was going to be in for a tough afternoon. Reading are a good team and with ten men it was always going to be difficult.

David Button was in good form on Saturday (Image: Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)

"But in the end I was surprised with how little I had to do. I thought we defended really well and a good team performance.

"I was happy with my saves and to be there when called upon, but it was down to the lads for keeping their chances to a minimum.

"And as goals come, I am sure it was sweet for Lucas (Piazon). It shows the quality of the players we have on the bench with players like him, it's great for the team."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/surprised-how-little-reading-threatened-13474399

WhiteJC

'We are going to assess him' – Jokanovic confirms Leeds scourge doubtful for Fulham clash

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed that Tom Cairney is a doubt for Tuesday night's meeting with Leeds at Elland Road.

The 26-year-old picked up an injury in the warm-up ahead of Saturday's clash with Reading and as a result he was taken out of the match day squad.

Now, Jokanovic says that Cairney will be continually monitored ahead of his side's visit to Yorkshire in the hope that he will be able to turn out for the Cottagers against a team that he has shown great form against in the past few seasons.

"We are going to assess him," said the Fulham manager, as quoted by Get West London.

"He was close to being part of the squad. I was thinking about using him for a short time during the game.

"It wasn't the plan to start with him, but he will be at a better level for the game we're going to play on Tuesday night against Leeds."

The news is no doubt a boost for Leeds, who have seen Cairney become a scourge of their side in recent seasons.

The Scotland international has scored in all of his last four league fixtures against Leeds, with last season's fixtures both resulting in 1-1 stalemates.

Whites supporters even rubbed it in the midfielder's face after his Fulham side failed to earn promotion to the Premier League in the play-offs last season, such is their disapproval of the Craven Cottage ace.

Cairney played all 90 minutes of his side's opening day win over Norwich earlier this month, but hasn't played since in the Carabao Cup clash with Wycombe and of course Saturday's trip to Reading.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/jokanovic-boss-confirms-leeds-scourge-doubtful-fulham-clash/

WhiteJC

Three Leeds stars under pressure to perform v Fulham

OPINION

Thomas Christiansen saw his Leeds side stutter during Saturday's 0-0 draw against Preston and will be keeping a close eye on a handful of his starting eleven against Fulham on Tuesday night.

Alex Neil's Preston frustrated the Yorkshire giants at Elland Road despite going down to 10 men with half an hour still to play, preventing the Whites from finding the back of the net.

Chris Wood, Ezgjan Alioski and Pablo Hernandez all had golden opportunities to find the back of the net but Preston goalkeeper Chris Maxwell pulled off a number of remarkable saves to keep Leeds at bay.

Now, Leeds go into Tuesday night's clash with a number of Christiansen's first-choice stars knowing that they must perform against the west London outfit if they are to retain their place in the starting eleven.

This Is Futbol considers three Leeds players that need to excel against Slavisa Jokanovic's side, including a 25-year-old that had a shocker against Preston:

Kalvin Phillips
Despite scoring a brace in Leeds' opening match of the 2017-18 season against Bolton, Phillips' failed to have an impact against Preston and could now find himself in danger of being dropped.

The 21-year-old is still expected to start alongside Eunan O'Kane in the middle of the park but teenager Ronaldo Vieira shone in the Carabao Cup tie against Port Vale, which will still be fresh in Christiansen's thinking.

Phillips must prove his worth against Fulham on Tuesday night, or he will be replaced by Vieira on Saturday as Leeds travel to Sunderland.

Felix Wiedwald
Although the 27-year-old German picked up his first clean sheet in Leeds colours, Wiedwald was still largely uninspiring as Preston almost snatched three points at the death.

The former Werder Bremen stopper still failed to come and claim long balls into the Leeds box, while Josh Harrop's injury-time effort that crashed against the bar had Wiedwald beaten.

Leeds face their toughest test of the season as they play host to Fulham and will need Wiedwald to be in top form. Anything else, and Rob Green could return as he looks to overcome a knee injury.

Ezgjan Alioski
Alioski, 25, was poor against Preston as everything he tried failed to come off. His performance was summed up by a golden chance in the second half, as Chris Wood's one-on-one was saved before Alioski tripped with the goal gaping.

The former FC Lugano ace has impressed in Leeds' first two outings, providing an assist against Bolton before doing the same in the 4-1 thrashing of Port Vale.

But with Samuel Saiz scoring a hat-trick and Stuart Dallas also impressing, Alioski will be under massive pressure to show he can cut it in the Championship with plenty of competition at Elland Road in attacking midfield.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/08/blogs/three-leeds-stars-under-pressure-to-perform-v-fulham/

WhiteJC

Reading strike 'was a magical goal for me,' says Piazon
by Dan on August 14, 2017

Lucas Piazon says scoring 'a magical goal' that rescued a point for ten-man Fulham at his former club Reading 'felt fantastic'.

The Brazilian forward, booed for the second season in succession when he was introduced as a second half substitute at the Madjeski Stadium on Saturday, delivered the perfect riposte with a fine strike to snatch a point for the visitors after Tomas Kalas had been harshly dismissed with barely thirty seconds on goal.

Piazon, who has started a second season on loan at Craven Cottage from Chelsea, told Fulham's official website that the result was down to a superb defensive effort from his Fulham team-mates:

For our style of play, the way the boys want to play, to be with one man down and running after the ball and defending is a little bit frustrating. But we had the fight. It was a tough game, defending with one man less is always hard, always tough no matter what team you're playing, and the boys did fantastic.

Defensively everybody was helping, everybody was giving 100 per cent, just trying not to concede, and I think it was a brilliant effort. Our mentality and discipline was beautiful to watch I think. First half, one man down, the boys were defending fantastic. Reading basically had no clear chance to score.

Even in the second half, their goal was not a clear chance; bad cross, control, pass back, good strike. Then after this they had one or two chances, but we kept our focus, kept fighting, and thank God we got the goal at the end.

Piazon greatly enjoyed scoring the equaliser in front of Fulham's travelling supporters – and his strike owed much to both his persistence and willingness to run at the Reading back line.

It's always good to score in front of our supporters, especially at the Madejski where we had a tough time last season. I felt fantastic to be honest, it was a magical goal for me.

When I came on it was 0-0 still, so I was just trying to help the team. They were fighting already for 50 minutes, and in my mind I was just trying to run, defend and help them somehow. I was very happy that at the end I scored and we could go home with a point.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/08/reading-strike-was-a-magical-goal-for-me-says-piazon/

WhiteJC

Button surprised by quiet afternoon at Reading
by Dan on August 14, 2017

David Button admitted he was surprised by how little he was tested by Reading after Fulham were reduced to ten men early in their Championship encounter on Saturday.

The Fulham goalkeeper was expecting a busy afternoon in Berkshire even before the early sending-off of Tomas Kalas but paid tribute to the tenacity of his defenders for keeping the Royals at bay and told GetWestLondon that he felt Jaap Stam's side were going to give him more to do:

We deserved the point. It was a tough afternoon, and I think just for the attitude of the players and the amount of effort we put in, we deserved a point. Reading may say differently but we showed great character and it ended up being a good result.

Button was diplomatic about Simon Hooper's decision to dismiss Kalas, saying:

The speed of the game to make a decision, it's going to be close either way. But it's one of those things we had to deal with and the boys knuckled down. Naturally, I knew I was going to be in for a tough afternoon. Reading are a good team and with ten men it was always going to be difficult.

But in the end I was surprised with how little I had to do. I thought we defended really well and a good team performance. I was happy with my saves and to be there when called upon, but it was down to the lads for keeping their chances to a minimum.

The former Brentford goalkeeper also insisted that Lucas Piazon's game-changing contribution from the bench highlighted the strength of the squad that Slavisa Jokanovic has to pick from.

And as goals come, I am sure it was sweet for Lucas (Piazon). It shows the quality of the players we have on the bench with players like him, it's great for the team.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/08/button-surprised-by-quiet-afternoon-at-reading/

WhiteJC

Fulham discuss new Burton move for Woodrow

Fulham are in talks with Burton Albion over a potential second loan deal for Cauley Woodrow.

The striker spent the second half of last season on loan with Albion, who are keen for him to return and made their interest clear earlier this summer.

Woodrow, 22, made 14 appearances and scored five goals during his time with the Brewers.

He featured in Fulham's EFL Cup win against Wycombe last week and in June his contract at Craven Cottage was extended to 2019.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-news-fulham-striker-move-loan

WhiteJC

Burton in talks with Fulham to sign Cauley Woodrow for a second loan

Cauley Woodrow spent last season on loan at Burton and scored five goals

Burton are in talks with Fulham to re-sign striker Cauley Woodrow for a second loan spell, according to Sky sources.

The 22-year-old made 14 Championship appearances for the Brewers during a season-long loan last season, and scored five goals.

Burton have been interested in bringing the forward back to the Pirelli Stadium on a permanent deal, but Woodrow has been part of the Whites squad while they look to sign another centre-forward.

Cauley Woodrow was part of England's U21 squad at the recent European Championships

Fulham have so far signed Aboubakar Kamara from Amiens and have been hoping to land Diego Rolan after agreeing a £2m deal with Toulouse, but the Uruguayan has not been keen on the move to Craven Cottage.

Burton have so far signed five players in the current transfer window, four of them on free transfers. They are Jake Buxton, Matty Lund, Stephen Warnock and Hope Akpan. Liam Boyce has also joined on loan.

And Woodrow, who has scored 10 goals in 64 appearances for Fulham, is set to follow.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/16229/10988487/burton-in-talks-with-fulham-to-sign-cauley-woodrow-for-a-second-loan

WhiteJC

Ream In Team Of The Week (14/8/17)

Fulham are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected after this week's action.

The performance by Tim Ream in the one all draw with Reading at the weekend at the Madejski Stadium was enough to earn them a place in the side alongside the other most impressive performers in the Football League pyramid.

I think we'll already know ourselves, and not just based on the latest performance, why Ream was selected as part of the team but explaining the choice - the FL blurb read.

'After his defensive partner was dismissed inside the first minute, Ream found himself up against it as Fulham faced Reading on the road. But the American turned in a fantastic display to stem the Royals' attack, helping the Cottagers come away with a point in the 1-1 draw.'

It's always good to see the club represented in this way, and well played to Ream for his recognition, but the most important thing about the weekend was of course the point.

Full Team:

Alex Cairns (Fleetwood Town), Tommy Spurr (Preston North End), Jordan Forster (Cheltenham Town), Tim Ream (Fulham), Jake Jervis (Plymouth Argyle), Jorge Grant (Notts County), Andreas Bouchalakis (Nottingham Forest), Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (Cardiff City), Abel Hernandez (Hull City), Jack Marriott (Peterborough United), Kieffer Moore (Rotherham United).

Manager - Mick McCarthy (Ipswich Town).

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=500689#ixzz4pnmltS6V

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks with divisional rivals for English defender

Sky Sports journalist Lyall Thomas has revealed that Fulham have turned to Cardiff City left back Joe Bennett as they seek to replace Scott Malone, who has left the club to join Premier League new-boys Huddersfield Town.

The departure of Malone, as well as the emergence of Ryan Sessegnon as an increased threat when pushed forward and playing on the left wing has made Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic dip into the market to bolster his options at left back.

Thomas suggests that Bennett is in Jokanovic's sights, although he might have a fight on his hands, as Bennett is clearly a part of Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock's plans for the forthcoming season, as he has started both of Cardiff's two league matches so far – which they have won without conceding a goal, to go top of the league, against Burton Albion and Aston Villa.

27-year-old Bennett has plenty of experience in the second tier, having made 154 appearances in the Championship, across spells at Middlesbrough, with whom he started his career, Brighton and Hove Albion, Sheffield Wednesday, as well as Cardiff.

Those outings saw Bennett find the back of the net on 5 occasions, and lay on an assist for a team mate a further seven times and he also has experience in the Premier League, which is of course where Fulham are aiming to end up at the end of the season.

Bennett has made 31 top flight appearances, the majority of which came with Aston Villa.

The Verdict:

Fulham are looking for a ready-made replacement for Malone, and Bennett, with his wealth of experience in the second tier, appears to fit the bill.

Early in his career, doubts persisted over his defensive ability, but the fact he is now a fixture in a Neil Warnock side – a manager who focuses on the basics first – underlines the fact that his defending has improved as he's matured.

The main stumbling block for Fulham will be persuading him to leave Cardiff, but Jokanovic will be hopeful that he can persuade the Englishman that his prospects of promotion are greater in West London than in South Wales.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-in-talks-with-divisional-rivals-for-english-defender/

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks to sign Cardiff City defender

Fulham are in talks with Cardiff City over a potential deal to sign left-back Joe Bennett from the Welsh club.

Bennett, 27, could follow in the footsteps of Scott Malone, who moved to Craven Cottage from Cardiff a year ago.

Fulham sold Malone to Huddersfield earlier this summer and are looking to bring in another left-back before the transfer window closes.

Bennett made 25 appearances for Cardiff last season after being signed from Aston Villa.

He joined Villa from Middlesbrough in 2012 and made 32 league appearances during his four-year spell with the Midlands club.

Meanwhile, Fulham are in discussions with Burton, who want to re-sign Cauley Woodrow on loan from the Whites.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-news-fulham-cardiff-city-joe-bennett-talks-140817

WhiteJC

LATW: Q&A with Fulham blog Cottagers Confidential
We spoke with Andrew Beck from our fellow SBNation site about the upcoming match

Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images

Big thanks to Andrew Beck from Cottagers Confidential, the SBNation site covering all things Fulham. They'll have our answers to their questions up sometime soon, so check them out to see if I'm off my rocker.

1) How are Fulham fans feeling about this season after last year's heartbreaking loss in the playoffs?

Fulham fans can never be happy. There are a lot of fans that feel the team didn't do enough to improve in this window, even though the team had very few holes going into the season. I myself feel pretty good. If the team plays as well all year as they did in the second half of this year, they should have a good chance of promotion.

2) Which players should Leeds United fans be on the lookout for, besides Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon?

Sone Aluko is still a terror, if he was a better finisher he probably would be a premier league star. Kevin McDonald is one of the best defensive midfielders in the division, his absence was a big reason that Fulham couldn't defeat Norwich in the opening game. Finally (and especially from an American perspective), Tim Ream has really made one of the CB positions his. His team of the week performance against Reading was one of the big reasons Fulham managed a point despite playing nearly the entire game down a man on the road.

3) How comfortable is Slaviša Jokanović as manager of Fulham? He was linked with some "bigger" jobs in the past, but will he have a chance to right the ship if the team struggles out of the gate?

Slaviša Jokanović hasn't stayed in a managerial job very long anywhere he's been. If he makes it through the winter, Fulham will be the longest he's ever been in any one job. It's easy to see why this is. He's a great coach and is extremely ambitious. He wants more than anything to manage in the Premier League, and still believes he was robbed of the opportunity by Watford. He also tends to air grievances with the team (usually involving not getting enough/the right transfers) publically in the press. If Fulham don't gain promotion, I'm not sure he'll stick around next year. And I could see a struggling Premier League giving him a chance in the Winter if they sack their manager. I don't think there's anyway he gets fired by Fulham this season. If he leaves, it will be his choice.

4) What positions did the club fail to address during the transfer window and what position makes you nervous going forward?

The team could really use another CB. Tim Ream and Tomas Kalas are a fine pair, but the drop off after them is a little too large for my liking. The team is also a little thin at fullback. Scott Malone was let go to give Ryan Sessegnon the starting spot on the left, but that only left Denis Odoi as the backup for both fullback spots. After him, you're either playing youth players or midfielders out of position. Finally, there are many fans who still want a goal dangerous striker to come in. However, I don't believe that Slaviša really wants to play with a traditional striker. He seems to prefer having an interchangeable front three and there are a lot of options for those spots. I still think they add one more player there, but I'm not sure it's going to be the kind of player that most fans want.

5) Predict the score.

I hate predicting wins on the road, but I think Fulham are going to win this. They are pretty confident after the performance at Reading and I think that could easily carry over to Leeds. I'm still not confident Fulham can keep a clean sheet, so I'll say Fulham 2-1.

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2017/8/14/16143440/latw-q-a-with-fulham-blog-cottagers-confidential-leeds-united

WhiteJC

Three greatest Fulham threats for Leeds to handle

OPINION

Leeds continue their Championship season with a home clash against Fulham on Tuesday and will need to be at their best against an expected promotion rival.

The Whites will be looking to build upon their solid start of four points out of a possible six in the league and continue Thomas Christiansen's unbeaten reign as manager.

They recorded a 0-0 draw against Preston at the weekend as they just lacked the cutting edge in front of goal, but the early signs are promising for the Yorkshire club.

Meanwhile, Fulham have drawn both of their league encounters and earned an impressive point in their last match away to Reading.

The London club were down to 10 men in the first minute after Tomas Kalas' red card, but still managed to dig out a 1-1 result.

Fulham showed their defensive resilience against Reading, but do also have some brilliant attacking options.

This Is Futbol has highlighted three Fulham threats that Leeds must stop to help gain three points, including a 23-year-old that is in line for a promotion to the starting XI.

Ryan Sessegnon
Ryan Sessegnon is arguably the most exciting youngster in the Championship and is one of Fulham's greatest assets.

The left-back is defensively sound and can do his job going backwards, but is also a huge threat going forward.

Leeds defender Luke Ayling will need to be on top of his game against the 17-year-old as he bombs down the left flank.

Sessegnon is yet to open his account this season and will be keen to do so at Elland Road on Tuesday night.

Tom Cairney
Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney is a superb player and it's a big surprise that the club have managed to keep him at Craven Cottage for another season.

The central midfielder was superb laat season and managed 13 goals and 12 assists across all competitions for the Cottagers.

He will be a big threat to Leeds if he is passed fit for Tuesday, with manager Slavisa Jokanovic confirming he is being assessed after missing the Reading draw.

Lucas Piazon
The form of attacker Lucas Piazon at the beginning of the season has been a big positive for Fulham and he has to be pushing close for a role in the starting XI.

The Chelsea loanee made his mark in the League Cup with a goal and an assists in a 2-0 win over Wycombe.

The left winger then showed his quality off the bench against Reading with a brilliant individual goal to earn his side a point.

Leeds defender Ayling is going to need huge support from his winger if he is lining up against a left side of Sessegnon and Piazon.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/08/views/three-greatest-fulham-threat-for-leeds-to-handle/

WhiteJC

Report: Burton Albion 'in talks' with Fulham over Cauley Woodrow loan move

Could the England under-21 international return to the Pirelli Stadium for a second spell?

Cauley Woodrow enjoyed a successful loan spell with the Brewers last season (Image: Richard Burley/Epic Action Imagery)

Burton Albion are reportedly interested in a second loan move for Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow, according to Sky Sports.

Woodrow made a telling impact at the Pirelli Stadium after joining in January, alongside Cottagers teammate Lasse Vigen Christensen.

The England under-21 international - who was part of the Young Lions squad that reached the European Championship semi-finals this summer - bagged five goals for Burton, with three of them coming in crucial victories that helped keep Albion in the Championship.

Cauley Woodrow curls home the winner for Burton Albion against Nottingham Forest in 2016/17 (Image: Richard Burley/Epic Action Imagery)

They were linked with a permanent move for Woodrow back at the end of the previous campaign.

But Sky are now reporting that another loan deal could be on the cards, with the two clubs reportedly in talks over another deal.

Fulham took up a one-year option on Woodrow to extend his contract until the summer of 2019 back in June. He has since appeared in Tuesday's EFL Cup victory over Wycombe Wanderers.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/report-burton-albion-in-talks-323914