2 points dropped.

Started by fcfulham55, August 15, 2017, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 16, 2017, 11:33:51 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 16, 2017, 11:24:42 AM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 15, 2017, 10:19:01 PM
Is the mentality we need.

We should be winning away at places like leeds, who in my opinion have no chance of being in promotion contention this season.

Teams have strengthened. And at best I feel we have stepped sideways. 

Lacking in sqaud depth will make us pay the price this season.

You have in depth knowledge of the current Leeds team? they have the best striker in the league and we keep him quiet, I will bet you that Leeds will be in top 6 this season and we did well getting a point there in a hostile stadium with another bottler ref, really fed up of reading moaning whinging so called supporters input on here and social media  :dft007:

Were you at the game too? I was, and based on that game, neither team will be good enough for promotion. However it is just the 1 game. But fear we will be saying this a lot.  Still 43 games... Only 10 games in... Half way there, let's kick on and try to catch up... Before we get to 10 games left - we need a miracle....

Khan will come out and ensure we "do what ever it takes" next season though, so don't worry.

I am already worried, but there is movement afoot in the transfer market to get some players over the line, and I am glad they are looking closer to home. So by the end of the transfer window we may be looking a little healthier, providing the club doesn't sell any first choice players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

fcfulham55

I think the six points dropped is a bit harsh as the draw with Reading with ten men was just desserts by the final whistle.  However, we have certainly thrown away the chance of four points by not being clinical in the final third against both Norwich and Leeds and, like you, I am not thinking the lads will be in the frame by May 2018.   We need much more punch power to finish off some of the lovely groundwork we set.   We are going to get punished by any team that can score goals unless we strengthen the squad considerably in the next week or so.

Lighthouse

We always forget the chances our opposition have had. When we miss a chance it is dropped points. When they miss a chance it is forgotten. Three draws could have been three defeats fairly easily but for good keeping and defending.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2017, 01:20:08 PM
We always forget the chances our opposition have had. When we miss a chance it is dropped points. When they miss a chance it is forgotten. Three draws could have been three defeats fairly easily but for good keeping and defending.

0001.jpeg