watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolves investment

Started by Baszab, August 15, 2017, 08:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

How is it that Wolves seemed to have spent what they like this year ?

They must be determined to get promoted - whatever that means

MJG

They are within the three year allowed losses so have plenty of room to spend. For a start they made a profit two years ago.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2017, 09:16:53 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 09:09:44 PM
They are within the three year allowed losses so have plenty of room to spend. For a start they made a profit two years ago.

they've spent £50m in the last two years, they must be bloody close even with a profit the year before

i suppose some of the last two years' spending will be accounted for over a longer term, 4 or 5 years, if that's the length of the relevant contracts

but as you say it's not as simple as transfers alone, surely their revenue is not covering all these big wages so they must be making an operating loss each year as well

IMO it will catch up with them if they don't go up this year
I have them losing money last year and this, but the key is the 39m over three years.
If we use Transfer market (not perfect I grant you) they are about -45M in transfers over the 3 years. Take the profit and then they are going to be mighty close.

Agree its almost poo or bust for them this season.
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 09:28:29 PM

they've spent £50m in the last two years, they must be bloody close even with a profit the year before

i suppose some of the last two years' spending will be accounted for over a longer term, 4 or 5 years, if that's the length of the relevant contracts

but as you say it's not as simple as transfers alone, surely their revenue is not covering all these big wages so they must be making an operating loss each year as well

I have them losing money last year and this, but the key is the 39m over three years.
If we use Transfer market (not perfect I grant you) they are about -45M in transfers over the 3 years. Take the profit and then they are going to be mighty close.

early days, but I'd be surprised if they don't walk it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jims Dentist

There doing great now.
When winter, and all that it brings arrives, will they sustain their current form?

nose

if we get the last of the jig saw in place we will be best placed. we have the best manager and that will tip the scales massively in our favour

Baszab

Agreed - played pretty well for 3 games - just a shame we can't consolidate our team with purchases before the season starts 

AlexW132

All it could take is a couple of injuries and bust it is

The Old Count

Where there's a will there's a way.

There are ways of minimising the effect of FFP if you're creative. Rules can be stretched, alternative Profit streams can be introduced.  I bet they have a dedicated person on board to sort that side of things.

toshes mate

Quote from: nose on August 17, 2017, 07:12:28 PM
if we get the last of the jig saw in place we will be best placed. we have the best manager and that will tip the scales massively in our favour

That has always been true, and with Khan Jnr and his cronies playing catch-up  I hope this window will prove they have learned their lessons and start to truly believe in the concept of playing as a team rather than for their own egos.

westcliff white

Quote from: The Old Count on August 18, 2017, 09:05:47 AM

There are ways of minimising the effect of FFP if you're creative. Rules can be stretched, alternative Profit streams can be introduced.  I bet they have a dedicated person on board to sort that side of things.
Thats what Casper whats his name is for isnt it, alternate revenue streams. We now have new sponsors, 2 year deal paying more than VF apparently, PES on the back of the shirts as well, seems ot be moving in the right direction
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on August 15, 2017, 09:48:41 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 09:28:29 PM

early days, but I'd be surprised if they don't walk it

You may be in for a surprise then Ben.
That's a massive statement to make, there are banana skins all over the Championship, and this seasons results so far have shown that this year is no different. So many teams will fancy themselves for a top six place. As well as there will be teams fighting for their lives down the other end.
What Wolves have done, is backed their ambitions with money💰💷💶, and thrown down the gauntlet early, and every team will pick that gauntlet up knowing how much Wolves have spent, and use that as a club to beat them over the head with.
So Wolves will have to earn every point they get, as teams will mark their card, as teams do in any division.
So for them it could be far from easy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Wolves have only spent 2.5m more than us.....
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on August 18, 2017, 12:57:07 PM
Wolves have only spent 1.5m more than us.....

Then we had better watch for Banana skins also.
The big difference is, Wolves have won all their matches, and are sitting joint top.
So the attention at the moment is currently on them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2017, 01:07:08 PM

Gross

Net it is a bigger difference

And look at last season as well

According to Transfermarkt, we have a net spend of roughly 8 million and Wolves have a net spend of 20 million.

The Old Count

Quote from: westcliff white on August 18, 2017, 09:36:05 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on August 18, 2017, 09:05:47 AM

Thats what Casper whats his name is for isnt it, alternate revenue streams. We now have new sponsors, 2 year deal paying more than VF apparently, PES on the back of the shirts as well, seems ot be moving in the right direction

Yes - and more to come I suspect.  Khan's not daft. He'll know what can be done.  Wolves had a bit more leway than us in terms of operating profit and the benefit of a new owner purchase situation which we only had when we were in the Prem.

@jolslover

Quote from: Tabby on August 18, 2017, 01:11:10 PM

Gross

According to Transfermarkt, we have a net spend of roughly 8 million and Wolves have a net spend of 20 million.

That is before the Fonte transfer was included.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2017, 03:06:35 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 18, 2017, 03:03:59 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 18, 2017, 01:11:10 PM

Gross

That is before the Fonte transfer was included.

No it will include that, net spend was roughly flat until he signed

...as it was last year when wolves spent another £20-30m!

Ah yeah sorry. I wasn't including money received for players that's why.
I think for whats its worth Wolves will go up. Top manager and 4/5 players that get a start at top half prem sides.
STH H3