Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

mine would be

button
freddo                 kalas                   ream           odoi

kmac

aluko                       johanson          norwood       sess

ak47

with ayite piazon out injured who to play at LM??? too early for our liverpool winger i think will expect it to be kebano but i like him as an impact sub. kalas to return as he is our best cb but cant drop odoi so why not move sess to LM where he flourished last season and use kebano as a weapon in 2nd half on tired legs with possibly fonte to come on if we need a goal thoughts???

nose

we could play three across the back and use sess and fred as wing backs
i would play fonte immediately, not sure if ojo will start.... we shall have to see

Jonaldiniho 88

I have found it easy to pick a starting 11 for a lot of last season but I'm lost on this one. I'm guessing Ream's face is ok. Strange how facial injuries are much more playable through (destroyed the English language there) on the day than days later. Odoi doesn't deserve to be dropped but probably will be.

Button
Fred.         Kalas.          Ream.        Odoi
                      Kmac
           Johanson.     Aluko
Kebano.                             Kemara
                       Fonte

This will never be the team but I'd be interested to see it play. Norwood for Aluko and ak for fonte move Aluko wide

JackHFFC1990

For me

Button
Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi
                     McDonald
           Cairney     Norwood
Aluko                            Sessegnon
                       Kamara

Subs - Rodak , Djalo , Ciise, Johansen, Kebano , Fonte

wheelerdeeler

Button; Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Odoi; Johansen, McDonald, Norwood; Kebano, Ojo, Fonte.

Would rest Sessegnon considering he's played in every game so far. Looks like Aluko could be off- and considering the clause Liverpool put in their loan deals of them needing to play "X" number of minutes/games I would think Ojo will be in the team right off the bat. Prefer Fonte to Kamara to start, his match fitness should be a non issue considering he's played in I think 5 games for Braga already this season.

Jonaldiniho 88

Funny how it's now hard to pick a first 11. Good problem to have

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 17, 2017, 11:44:22 PM
Button; Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Odoi; Johansen, McDonald, Norwood; Kebano, Ojo, Fonte.

Would rest Sessegnon considering he's played in every game so far. Looks like Aluko could be off- and considering the clause Liverpool put in their loan deals of them needing to play "X" number of minutes/games I would think Ojo will be in the team right off the bat. Prefer Fonte to Kamara to start, his match fitness should be a non issue considering he's played in I think 5 games for Braga already this season.

Fonte has played 4 games this season and scored two goals...already hitting the net too, albiet in the portuguese league, but I like it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

love4ffc

Will be very interesting to see who is healthy, who makes the starting XI and who makes the bench.  Will be really interesting to see if Odoi still gets the nod, which I think he deserves, or if Kalas slots right back in. 

Will also be interesting to see if Betts gets back the number 1 spot or if we continue with Betts?  Who has actually done a great job.  Seems goalie is the one consistent position that we have covered. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

I don't think he will change keeper when Button is playing so well.

And will he keep Odoi as CB? is a good question . Who'd be a manager?

Snibbo

dannyboi-ffc

With no Ayite, Piazon and Aluko potentially off. How about 532 just to see if it works.

Button
                   Odoi        Kalas       Ream

Fred                            Kmac                      Sess

Norwood     Johansen

Kamara         Fonte
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Deuce

Well, here we are again. Same thing against Leeds, people keep ignoring Odoi despite his fantastic performance from previous match. And we all know how he played against Leeds

"But hes not a natural cb" Yes, i know. Hes not a natural cb. So what? Hes been great so far, why not keep playing him?

"But Kalas is back!" Well, sure. But right now Odoi and Ream are great so they should be rewarded by given the chance to keep playing. Kalas will eventually get back into the team but by simply dropping Odoi immediatley upon Kalas return isnt smart man management.

"Odoi is not a natural cb and that will soon show, he wont continue playing like this"
Even IF that were to be. Let him have his run of matches. IF he under performs then so be it. Hes deserved it

Classic94

As above, there's quite a strong case to keep Odoi at CB given his performances but I think we'll go:

Button, Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Odoi, McDonald, Cairney, Johansen, Aluko, Sessegnon, Kamara

Rodak, Madl, Cisse, Norwood, Ojo, Kebano, Fonte

Carborundum

Think it might be Kalas and Odoi at centre back.  Ream did sterling service the other night, but facial injuries aren't much fun, nor indeed are prescribed painkillers.  Maybe boxing provides the best analogy.  Get hit in the face in Round 1, potentially good to carry on for a further eleven.  A few days later when the bruising starts to come out, different story.

If Wednesday target our lack of height, we may see Djalo fairly early in proceedings.

Fontes scored twice this season.  Hope we stick him up top and see how he gets on.

alfie

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 17, 2017, 11:44:22 PM

Why would anyone need a rest after 3 games, they are professional athletes.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AlexW132

Button, Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Odoi, McDonald (c), Kebano, Norwood, Johansen, Ojo, Fonte

Subs: Rodák, Djaló, R. Sessegnon, Cissé, Aluko, Kamara

rweller86

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 18, 2017, 10:27:00 AM
Button, Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Odoi, McDonald (c), Kebano, Norwood, Johansen, Ojo, Fonte

One more sub?
@rweller

Deuce

I reckon Slav will start Aluko, if anything just to show Khan and Kline what he thinks. OR Aluko will be so close to a move that he cant/wont be picked.

The XI I would pick:

Button
Fred Odoi Ream Sess
Cairney Kmac Norwood
Aluko Kamara Kebano

Then bringing Fonte on after 60 min, Ojo on after 70.

AlexW132

Quote from: rweller86 on August 18, 2017, 11:01:34 AM

One more sub?
Good point, Ayité if fit enough, if not then Edun

nose

Surely aluko should start.... i  think fonte and him are a patnership made in heaven from what i saw on youtube