more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The View from... Wednesday

Started by peaty, August 19, 2017, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peaty

And you think we're worried...

Comments after the 1-1 home draw with Sunderland on Wednesday: the Owls are fourth from bottom. Carlos Carvalho is not a popular man...

Not bothered if we win/lose or draw, [CC]'s stubborn, he's obviously losing the dressing room, yes I am blaming him for Westwoods clanger, yes I'm blaming him for making our forwards look bang average and making our team look f**kin clueless!! GET HIM OUT NOW!!!

Looking at the fight and spirit they have....I think it's clear CC isn't losing the dressing room. Something i feared after Preston. 

Anyone who is currently happy with things at the club at the moment must be a Happy Clapper, I personally think we have moved a step back this summer, after 2 seasons of progression. I am fully prepared for a nothing season, with dull football being played, very disappointing.

Fans realise the importance of a good start. It costs us every season. This season we had/have a favourable set of fixtures to get off to a good start.It appears we are completely squandering that opportunity yet again.

Recruitment has been disappointing to say the least. Not his [CC's] department I know, but, he said we were better prepared for this season and underlined the value of a good start this season. Where is it...?

What other team out of the other 91 will be playing their full back as centre half after only 2 games? We are an absolute shambles and a laughing stock. Plus we leave out FF!!! The one player who's a game changer.  And if in all probability he's leaving let's put him in the shop window to retain his value.

We look toothless. Even with 20 million worth of strikers.

It's Carlos and our performances that are spoiling it for me. I can ignore the idiots on here, but I can't ignore the dross I'm seeing Wednesday play.

We obviously have defensive issues which need to be addressed or we have no chance of automatic and Rhodes needs a prolonged run in the team. Getting better slowly, which begs the question why mess about playing low key matches in Portugal every year when may be we need some harder fixtures to prepare. 

[This forum is] a depressing, pig infested s*** h****. Was fun for awhile. Not anymore. Can't believe what I'm reading. "Owls" hoping Wednesday lose so CC gets the sack.  That's it for me. Goodnight, and f*** off down the Lane.

WTF was that [CC] interview?? Suggesting that we are at a disadvantage due to the amount of money other clubs are spending it seemed...how about get our transfer policy right Carlos. And is anybody any the wiser RE: Nando?? He talks in complete riddles. Clown.

Truth is Carlos has got all he can out of this team. Been given time and money and we aren't where we need to be. 2 points from 3 very winnable games isn't a top 2 side. 

Better tonight but same pattern of a game. Start poor, half time chuck the sink at then. We haven't even broken them down really, it's took a 25 yards screamer to get us a result and Sunderland missed 3 or 4 very good chances. 

Unfortunately probably right for a change can't see a win coming at Fulham.

More than enough patience has been shown. Push the button Mr Chairman. Let somebody who wants to produce 90 minute performances get their hands on this great squad. You could do worse than have a quiet word with our opposition Manager this Saturday. I've heard he'd jump at the chance to work with our strikeforce.

With some fans so eager to jump on Carlos after just one or two games and with what some might say is our star player Forestieri seemingly on his way too, has there ever been this much pressure so early on in a season?

There's more fannys in here than city sauna. . .

Owls fans are talking a lot about formation...

Hope we stick with the diamond at Fulham. I can't be the only one who thinks we've played better with this shape than a flat midfield 4. I think it allows us to get the best out of more of our best midfielders and play them all in their natural positions. . . It also means we can play two up front and have our full backs overlap. Have we, almost by accident, stumbled across a new playing formula and will CC [Carlos Carvalho] keep it at Fulham? 

First half [vs Sunderland on Weds] you could say was a diamond. 2nd half was definitely more of a 433. Carlos has used this a few times now, and we've looked much better on every occasion. I really like it. It gives us bodies in midfield and the width comes from fullbacks and forwards. And how much better did Bannan look last night without the responsibility of trying to dictate the game from a deep central position?

Having 3 strikers on the field forced the issue for me. Loved watching it. Problem is how vulnerable it leaves us at the back. Given better opposition we might have shot ourselves in the foot...but I'd still rather watch that than what we we saw this season up to the 45min mark last night.

Dont think we have stumbled on it by accident. Carlos deserves a bit of credit as it must be something he has been working on. He also said Boyd can't play in this formation and there will be times that we will play 4-4-2. Which has me thinking Fulham maybe one of them.

Agree, really like the 4-3-3 formation and hopes Carlos sticks with it at home especially. I do think the diamond could still be very useful but preferably away from home on tighter pitches (QPR, Fulham etc). I think our pitch at Hillsborough is too wide to play the diamond without leaving us so exposed out wide. 

If we go down to Fulham and play the diamond/4-3-3 we'll get absolutely mullered. They've too much pace in their team. I think he'll revert back to a 4-4-2 on Saturday.

4-4-2 didn't work out too well at Preston [0-1 loss]. I think if we line up like that at Fulham we can expect another 1-0 or 2-0 defeat. I'd rather we go to Fulham and have a go and make them worried about our attack too

Fulham will destroy us if we play a diamond. It exposes the full backs massively and they have pace to burn down the wings. The only reason we got back into the game last night was because Sunderland ran themselves out after an hour.

Having watched us try and play 442 with two wide players against the 433 of Preston I dread to think what will happen if we try and play it against the 433 of Fulham 

The match

Carlos is probably glad to be away from home. It's been a couple of weeks from hell in Sheffield for the affable Portuguese manager. Every word he's said has turned a non-story into a story.

Pictures on social media indicate that [Sam Winnall who had the bust up with Forrestieri] isn't in the squad for tomorrow.

3/1 at Betfred, actually I think we are due a win so worth a tenner. I will not put it on though, sadly

I can't wait, the Henry Westons already on ice. We'll be having positive threads, everyone will be happy, there'll be no Carlos out whiners anywhere near us, they'll be hanging their heads in shame, well maybe not, some of them don't know the meaning of the word. Hopefully make it a double celebration if we can get shut of Forestieri. 3-1 to The Owls.

We will definitely take the game to Fulham I feel. But have to be wary of the counter attacks.

Most likely we will start out in the usual deep lying 442, go a goal or two down in the first half. Then change it to 433 second half and get a goal back but it will be too late 

It'll be back to a flat 4-4-2 tomorrow. We'll go there to frustrate, not entertain.

Can not wait for Saturday. First proper match since Fulham came to us last game of the season. . .

I just hope we get a result. I cannot face Owlstalk if we lose and the 392872 "We should have got Jokanovic" threads that will spring up if we don't get a win.

Woolly Mammoth

Hmmm.........they seem happy enough overal. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gerrys

What other team out of the other 91 will be playing their full back as centre half after only 2 games? 

Interesting comment........how about Odoi for Fulham?  :005:

Jonaldiniho 88

What other team out of the other 91 will be playing their full back as centre half after only 2 games? We are an absolute shambles and a laughing stock. Plus we leave out FF!!! The one player who's a game changer.  And if in all probability he's leaving let's put him in the shop window to retain his value.

Haha we are. Working quite well too.

Asotosyios

Quote from: gerrys on August 19, 2017, 12:43:51 PM
What other team out of the other 91 will be playing their full back as centre half after only 2 games?

Interesting comment........how about Odoi for Fulham?  :005:

First thing on my mind too when I read that!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 19, 2017, 12:10:34 PM
Hmmm.........they seem happy enough overal. 

What I meant was, they seem happy in their overalls.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.