more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is going on?

Started by MikeW, August 23, 2017, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka

Quote from: toshes mate on August 24, 2017, 01:55:00 PM
'All is unwell' and 'all is not well' are not the same things.   

You are correct but I'm sure you understand what I meant, so I'm also sure you will understand when I say the words "being pedantic" spring to mind !!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Berserker on August 25, 2017, 10:32:05 AM
Quote from: berba on August 25, 2017, 06:05:36 AM
I will tell you a truth:  Life through exposing others' mistakes will never be reformed. If we expose each other, we will never improve. Now I will say one thing: I am truly satisfied with the team. You see I am satisfied, because they do everything they can. I cannot ask for more.   Sometimes they even do more than is required and this is where their mistakes come from - from excessive zeal. Tomas Kalas sent off after 33 seconds shows that. This is why it is hard.
My hubby who is neutral and sometimes comes to matches, used to row for his school in Scotland. When he is at a match and people are swearing and booing the players he says they should try being out there on the pitch for 90 mins and just see how difficult it is before booing etc.

Mind you maybe peoples expectations are higher now due to the very high wages players get now than years ago, or did some people boo then, I don't know, old timers may know

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I think players have always received a certain amount of hostility at any perceived failing. But certainly the fact it costs so much more in relative terms than it used to and the wages are so stupidly high doesn't help. However the reverse of that coin is also true. The players have such vast amounts of praise and fawning loyalty when they do well that I think they have to expect a certain amount of frustrated booing. On saying that I have never been brave enough to boo. A few swear words and SORT IT OUT has been the nearest I ever came to show annoyance towards the players. When a games result and performance is enough to reflect on peoples moods  until the next game. Then who can blame the odd disgruntled fan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope