News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stats suggest Rui Fonts isn't all that good.

Started by fcfulham55, August 18, 2017, 04:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

in the you tube videos what mpressed me was his off the ball movement in the box, you do not teach that.
his abilty to get on the end of balls in the air
hots the ball inside and outside of foot
goes near post far post and hard and ow at the goalkeepers feet
and when the bal is apparently lost and he is on the floor, he does everything he can to get on the end of it

looks good.... no need for stats

Baszab

Kline's pick for sure - cursory advice from SJ
Although strange that he gets such a long contract aged 27

F(f)CUK

Couldn't care less about his statistics, it is what he does over the rest of the season that matters.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rock on August 18, 2017, 06:28:41 PM
Obviously you haven't heard about Craig Kline. He is god's gift to football stats and a bigger man than you.
+1
Yep, his computer already shows Fulham amassing five hundred points this season.  He cannot believe his eyes and neither should we.  It is what happens on the pitch that matters and not the machinations of a lot of bits and bytes.

Luka

Looking at a players stats is the equivalent of physcometric tests prior to an interview.
The scouting process is the equivalent to the actual interview where you find out what a candidate is actually like.
Most large professional organisations do the tests prior to an interview. It's all part of a process designed to help an employer seek out the best employee he can afford.
In business it works and I've got no problem with the club using stats as a major part of its recruiting systems.
However, most professional organisations would NOT allow an HR department to have the final say. That is left to the person who will manage them. The HR team might put the final three in front of the manager but the manager gets to choose.

Slav must have a say in it somewhere towards the end and before contracts are offered.

fcfulham55

How do we think he got on today? 

Hopefully gets more time to blossom.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Carborundum

Takes a decent corner, goes down a bit easily, made some runs, had absolutely no chemistry with anyone else.  Hardly his fault.  Behind him only Sessegnon won his personal battle so he was on scraps.

Wednesday are a very good team.  Today we didn't really function as a team.

First impression: prefer Kamara.  No-ones pushover.  Early days.

Jims Dentist

He didn't seem able to hold the ball up with his back to goal.
That contributed to our lack of possession.
Another similar forward to what we already have, so no plan B.

Slaphead in Qatar

His cv is very patchy. Has not achieved much for a 27 year old. I agree with original poster.