more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (22/08/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 22, 2017, 07:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Report: Late equaliser denies U18s victory

Swansea City Under-18s were denied back-to-back wins in Premier League South as Fulham scored an injury-time equaliser.

The young Swans made the perfect start at Landore by taking the lead in the opening minute as midfielder Tom Price fired home an impressive long-range effort from outside the area.

Swansea could have doubled their advantage minutes later but Matt Roberts' shot inside the box was blocked by the visitors' defence.

The U18s continued to attack as Kees de Boer's pass played in Oli Cooper down the right wing only for the midfielder's cross to be cut out by Fulham keeper Taye Ashby-Hammond.

Fulham went close to finding the net but winger Nicolas Santos-Clase could not keep his header on target.

Two crucial saves from Ashby-Hammond denied the young Swans from doubling their lead in the second half as Alex Lang saved Tyrese Francois' close range effort on the line.

Victory looked secured for the young Swans but Fulham cruelly denied the U18s the win in stoppage time as a free-kick into the box fell for frontman Cameron Thompson to poke home.

The result leaves the U18s fifth in Premier League South as the side next face Aston Villa at Landore this Saturday, August 26 (12.30pm).

SWANS U18s: Alex Lang, Joe Lewis, Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper (Capt), Matthew Blake, Kees De Boer (Shquile Wynter-Coles, 75), Tom Price, Mason Jones-Thomas (Rhydian Williams, 89), Oli Cooper, Matt Roberts (Craig Davies, 46), Arnor Gudjohnsen.

SUBS NOT USED: Dan Williams, Nathan Shepherd.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/report-late-equaliser-denies-u18s-victory

WhiteJC

Jokanovic angry after Wednesday loss

Jokanovic angry after Wednesday loss

A STEVEN FLETCHER goal gave Sheffield Wednesday their first league win of the campaign at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon against a lacklustre Fulham.
Fulham have yet to record a victory in four attempts this season and continue to look a shadow of the side that reached the play-offs.
Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic cut a frustrated and disconsolate figure as he watched his side miss a hatful of chances, complaining: "We were the better team but we couldn't put it in the net. We couldn't get the quality opportunities."
Fulham dominated the first half with Sone Aluko missing two excellent chances following on from corners, while Ryan Sessegnon caused all sorts of problems cutting in from the left wing.
But in the second period, after Sessegnon failed to find debutant Rui Fonte in front of goal, they lost ideas and were ponderous going forward.
Jokanovic was the master of understatement when he lamented: "We were missing a bit of speed with the ball. That would make a difference."
In contrast, Wednesday manager Carlo Carvalhal was happy that his team were finally showing some of the resilience that saw them make the play-offs last season.
"I was calm even when we were not winning games. There's expectations and pressure but I believe we will achieve our results."
If Fletcher can remain as clinical as he was when presented with a chance on 64 minutes and Barry Bannan can continue to dominate the midfield, Wednesday will be looking at a bright campaign.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-20f6-Jokanovic-angry-after-Wednesday-loss

WhiteJC

Fulham haven't had the best of starts to the season, but it's far too early to hit the panic button
A disappointing performance in the 1-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday has started to cause a bit of worry - but there's absolutely no reason to panic this early in the season

Fulham's loss to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday wasn't the best performance we've seen from Slavisa Jokanovic's side - it was flat, void of creativity coupled with a lack of cutting edge in front of goal.

It also meant that it's no win in the first four league games of the season with only two goals scored, one of them from the now injured Lucas Piazon and the other an own goal, and three conceded.

Not the best of starts, but that's all it is, a start.

A few are ready to push the panic button already after the Wednesday loss, but it's too early for all that after only four games of a 46 game season having been played.

Yes, Saturday was a poor showing - the midfield trio didn't quite click, the slick passing we got used to last season wasn't on show and once again Fulham weren't clinical in front of goal.

But it's near enough the same team that did so well last season, with the addition of new signing Rui Fonte who looked like he could deliver a quality final ball, while his runs in the first half caused problems for the visitor's backline.

Frustration: Ryan Sessegnon misses a chance (Image: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)

Crossing ability: Rui Fonte crosses the ball (Image: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)

Tom Cairney didn't look fully fit to me and didn't have the same impact on the game he would normally have done, which is no surprise having just come back from a knee injury, and this had an impact on both Stefan Johansen and Kevin McDonald, who weren't their usual selves in the midfield.

It's frustrating, of course, to watch having been spoilt last season for goals and entertaining football.

But it was a slow start last season and it wasn't really until the second half of the campaign that Jokanovic's side started to really find their stride, and while that's no excuse for poor performances it's still something worth considering.

If you look at last season's league table after four games, both Sheffield Wednesday and Reading were languishing above the relegation spots in 20th and 21st place respectively on four points each, while QPR were in the play-off spots with six - Wednesday and Reading went onto the play-offs at the end of the season while QPR were in a relegation fight.

The metronome: Tom Cairney surrounded by defenders (Image: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)

Off target: Stefan Johansen sends a strike at goal (Image: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)

There are also reasons to be optimistic.

Fonte looks a good signing and there is firepower up front in the shape of Aboubakar Kamara. Ryan Sessegnon looks to be in form when played further forward while David Button looks to have regained confidence in between the sticks.

Most of the team have stayed together too, with big names like Cairney and McDonald committing to what Fulham and Jokanovic are trying to achieve.

It's a long old season - there's going to be a lot more ups and downs before the final places are decided in May but I remain convinced that Fulham will be up there come the end of it.

Once Fulham start clicking again and the goals start coming, we'll all have forgotten about that poor game in the middle of August.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-havent-best-starts-season-13504951

WhiteJC

Bristol Rovers fan's view: A loss at Bury would have been unthinkable, possible upset at Fulham

Dennis Payter's thoughts on the win at Bury, plus looking ahead to the Fulham cup tie

A solid performance despite the score line as sanity is restored after this win following last week's nightmare display for Bristol Rovers against Peterborough.

I know it is early days but it must have hurt Darrell Clarke's pride to see his team sitting on the bottom of the league last week and I bet he took it out on the team throughout training for the game at Bury.

While Adam Smith and Danny Leadbitter missed out on Saturday, because they were injured, others must have feared the axe after their poor games against the Posh. But Gigg Lane always offered Rovers the ideal chance to bounce back and bounce they did with this competent display as the unfortunate two late goals somewhat flattered the home side.

Billy Bodin

Sam Slocombe took his chance on his debut between the sticks while Liam Sercombe gave us a hint of things to come with a first minute effort that nearly brought a goal.

However, Rovers gradually got on top and with more good efforts from Chris Lines and Tom Nichols it just seemed a matter of time before we scored. At the same time you always worry that not having got one that our rivals will score against the run of play.

But it didn't happen and Tom Lockyer of all people broke the deadlock from a corner as he notched up his third goal in 200 games. Let's hope we won't have to wait long for his next one. Joe Partington put in a menacing cross after a typical bit of chasing from Rory Gaffney for Billy Bodin to put in a strong attacking header for his first goal and such was Rovers' supremacy then it was virtually three points in the bag.

Now Rovers were well on top but it was just as well Bodin got another as we took our foot of the gas for those two late goals and I bet the manager was fuming to let in not one but two even though it was virtually game over.

However it is good that we have raced up to 18th in the table. To have lost this game would have been unthinkable as we would have secured our position on the bottom of the pack but now we are up and running I am confident this squad can take us into the top half of this league.

Now we look forward to another good visit to Craven Cottage. I recall that great night in 1989 when in the second leg of the old Division 3 play-offs we thrashed the home side 4-0 as Jimmy Hill applauded Rovers fans and in 2008 our fighting 2-2 FA Cup draw before winning the replay on our way to the quarter-finals.

I don't see why Rovers can't pull off a surprise, as long as we defend right to the end.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-fans-view-loss-353770

WhiteJC

Moussa Dembele: "My first club didn't even want me"

The Celtic striker tells FourFourTwo all about his intriguing journey so far, from boyhood rejection through to Craven Cottage and more

Moussa Dembele is only 21, but he's already experienced football in three countries and could be on the move again this summer if reports are to be believed.

Long before he was bothering goalkeepers in the Scottish Premiership and Europe with Celtic, though, the young Frenchman was trying to get a kick with local club US Clergy Clos – which wasn't as simple as it sounds.

Dembele has scored 32 goals in 48 appearances for Celtic since joining from Fulham last summer, but a decade-and-a-half ago he was being turned down at the door by Clergy.

"[They are] my hometown team, and it was good to play for them," Dembele told FourFourTwo. "But first, when me and my brother tried to join, they didn't want me.

"They said they had too many players to take care of. But my brother insisted: 'Just give him one training session.' So they did – I was five or six at the time – and after that I played for them. I was there for two years."

One, two, three

They were glad they did: after those two years Dembele was taken on by PSG, where he remained for eight years before joining Fulham, aged 16, in 2012. 

Dembele spent four seasons at Craven Cottage and eventually became a regular in his final campaign in west London, when he netted 15 goals in 43 Championship games. That was when Celtic made their move – and, one year on, the France U21 international is more confident than ever.

Dembele helped Celtic to an historic treble last season, lifting the Scottish Premiership, Scottish Cup and League Cup trophies. Now he's setting his sights even higher, he tells FFT.

"It was a great season for me last year; I was top scorer in a team with very good players," said Dembele. "I started to play Champions League [football] and have seen what I have to do to be up there and compete with the best.

"The move to Celtic for me has been great. There are many more good seasons to come.

"I want to be one of the best strikers in the world. I don't want to be one striker who's compared with another. I just want to be me, make a name for myself and be the best. Simple."

But success doesn't come without sacrifice, as Dembele discusses in his story. Press play in the video above to hear more about the Frenchman's time at PSG, his difficulty in moving to Fulham and more.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/moussa-dembele-my-first-club-didnt-even-want-me#mu4zgmUIuLZbKeSd.99

WhiteJC

PL2 Brighton and Hove Albion

Fulham take on Brighton & Hove Albion in their second PL2 match of the season, kick off is at 7pm at Crawley FC's Checkatrade.com Stadium.

The Whites lost their season PL2 opener in a close game to Middlesbrough at Motspur Park 2-1.

Boro went two goals up, and Stephen Humphrys scored from long range to close the gap, however Fulham couldn't find a late equaliser and retrieve a point from the game.

Peter Grant's side bounced back with an impressive performance against Portsmouth midweek in the Checkatrade Trophy, winning on penalties after going behind in a 3-3 draw.

Last year, both teams had had one win a piece from their two encounters in the PL2. In this fixture back in late August of 2016, Fulham lost out to a stoppage time goal in a 1-0 loss at the Amex Stadium.

In the reverse fixture just before Christmas, the Whites won with a dominant 4-0 display at Motspur Park. Humphrys scored a brace, and Tayo Edun and George Williams also gpt on the score sheet.

Brighton in their only outing of this season beat Norwich City 2-1, with Dessie Hutchinson and James Tilley scoring to overturn a first half deficit.

This match will be live tweeted and you can keep updated here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/21/pl2-brighton-and-hove-albion

WhiteJC

October Games On Sale

Tickets for Fulham's home league games in October are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members.

The Whites kick-off the month against Preston North End on Saturday 14th October (3pm). Two weeks later we welcome Bolton Wanderers to SW6 on Saturday 28th October (3pm). Fulham then finish the month on Halloween night with the visit of Bristol City to Craven Cottage on Tuesday 31st October (7:45pm).

With ticket prices starting from £20 for adults and just £10 for juniors secure your seats today online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

Supporters are also reminded that Putney End tickets for every match (Mixed Zone: P2 & P3) – aside from Millwall, Queens Park Rangers, Brentford and Sunderland – are available to buy on General Sale.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/21/october-home-games-on-sale

WhiteJC

Transfer gossip: Sky say United are keen on Sessegnon

Transfer gossip: Sky say United are keen on Sessegnon

Tottenham have long been keen on the teenage left-back, who has repeatedly been linked with a number of other Premier League clubs.

Fulham recently rejected an offer from Spurs for Sessegnon, who signed a three-year contract at Craven Cottage this summer.

It is claimed that United are also considering a move and would be willing to loan him back to Fulham.

Sky believe the Whites will keep Sessegnon during this transfer window.

Fulham linked with Lorient forward
Fulham are among a number of clubs the Mail say are weighing up a move for Lorient forward Abdul Majeed Waris.

West Ham, Brighton and Celtic are also said to be interested in the Ghana international, who is apparently available for £9m.

The 25-year-old can play up front or on the wing and has scored 21 goals in 58 games for Lorient.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/football-manutd-tottenham-ryan-sessegnon-reports-2108

WhiteJC

Tottenham consider Ryan Sessegnon bid as Man Utd step up interest in Fulham star

TOTTENHAM are considering a bid for Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon - but Manchester United are also sniffing around.

That's according to Sky Sports who reckon the talented left-back could be on the move.

Sky Sports say only a mega bid would force Fulham into a sale.

If United were to prise him away from Craven Cottage, it's suggested he'd immediately be loaned back to the Championship side.

Sky Sports presenter Aidan Magee said: "We're hearing there's significant interest from the north west and Manchester United.

"From Fulham's perspective, only a bid that's too go to refuse would be acceptable.

"If United sign him they'll be loaning him back to the Championship club.

"Sky sources believe Fulham will stay strong - at least until the end of this window."

ESPN suggested last week that Spurs have already had a £25m bid snubbed by Spurs.

Spurs still need to bolster their ranks having only made their first summer signing in recent days.

Davinson Sanchez was drafted in from Ajax and more fresh faces are expected before the transfer window shuts.

Sessegnon committed his future to the Cottagers until 2020 in June.

And speaking at the time, the 17-year-old was delighted to pen professional terms.

He said: "I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club, hopefully we can all push on now.

"Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the gaffer, and I just want to continue that."

Sessegnon played the full 90 minutes in Fulham's 1-0 Championship defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

The west Londoners will play Ipswich at Portman Road next.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/638989/Fulham-Ryan-Sessegnon-Man-Utd-transfer-news

WhiteJC

Man Utd and Tottenham consider late moves for Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon - report
TOTTENHAM and Manchester United remain interested in Ryan Sessegnon and could make a move before deadline day.

Ryan Sessegnon is on Manchester United and Tottenham's radar

Tottenham saw a £25m bid rejected earlier in the window but could make another, according to Sky Sports.

Manchester United are also keen and would be happy to loan the youngster back to Fulham for the season.

Sessegnon, 17, broke into the Fulham team last season and made 30 appearances as a flying full-back.

He has been likened to Ashley Cole, although may move further forward down the line after impressing in attack.

Fulham hope to keep the youngster after handing him a new deal this summer, signing a three-year deal in June after his 17th birthday.

"I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club," he said at the time.

"Hopefully we can all push on now. Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the gaffer, and I just want to continue that."

And Slavisa Jovanovic hopes he will remain part of his set up.

"One year on, I'm pleased that Ryan's performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future," he said.

"He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this club since his progression from the academy."

But Fulham's resolve could be tested again with another bid before next week's deadline.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/843872/Transfer-news-Ryan-Sessegnon-Tottenham-Manchester-United-latest-gossip

WhiteJC

Pay On The Day Available At Fulham

Rovers supporters will be able to pay on the day for tomorrow's Carabao Cup tie with Fulham.

Darrell Clarke's side will travel to Craven Cottage on Tuesday 22nd August having defeated Cambridge United in the first-round of the competition.

Season Ticket holders have until 5pm today to claim their discounted tickets with personal callers are welcome at the Club Shop at The Memorial Stadium

Season Ticket Holder Price*

Adults    £10.00
65+    £5.00
18-21    £5.00
17 & Under     £5.00

*Please note, Season Ticket holders need to produce Voucher B to claim the cheaper ticket.

Supporters who wish to Pay on the Day will be able to purchase tickets from the Putney Away Stand using a cash only turnstile at the following prices:

Matchday Ticket Price

Adults    £15.00
65+    £10.00
18-21    £10.00
17 & Under     £10.00

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/21.08.17---fulham-ticket-update/

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon of 'significant interest' to Manchester United if Fulham stance changes

Ryan Sessegnon has plenty of Premier League admirers

Manchester United are showing significant interest in Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon, who has been a target for Tottenham, Sky Sports News understands.

The 17-year-old is one of the leading young talents in English football, having already made 26 Sky Bet Championship appearances and represented England at U19 level, but Fulham do not want to sell their star in the current window.

Sessegnon, who can play anywhere down the left, was part of England's victorious Euro U19 Championship-winning side and has since signed his first professional deal at Craven Cottage.

Sky Sports News reported last week that Tottenham remain firmly interested in Sessegnon, a player they have targeted for more than a year, but have been warned it would take a huge offer to even tempt the Whites into a sale.

Sessegnon impressed for England U19s in their victorious Euro campaign

Should Sessegnon become available in the future, Spurs appear certain to face competition from United, whose manager Jose Mourinho is also a keen admirer along with Mauricio Pochettino.

A source has told Sky Sports News that United could be willing to allow Sessegnon to continue his education at Fulham this season by loaning him back to the West London club if a deal could be done.

However, Sky Sports News understands Fulham's stance on Sessegnon remains that owner Shahid Khan and his son Tony, who runs the club, are not prepared to sell the teenager, even if a bid of £25m is received.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10999098/ryan-sessegnon-of-significant-interest-to-manchester-united-if-fulham-stance-changes

WhiteJC

Manchester United keeping tabs on Liverpool and Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon

Manchester United are showing 'significant interest' in Fulham teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon, who has also emerged as a target for Liverpool and Tottenham.

Sky Sports claim Jose Mourinho is a keen admirer of the 17-year-old defender and is considering launching a shock move before the summer transfer window closes.

Sessegnon has been at Fulham since the age of eight and is rated as one of the most promising youngsters in English football.

Having already made 26 Championship appearances and featured for England's U19 side, the left back has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League.

Liverpool and Tottenham have expressed interest in Sessegnon but Sky Sports say United have joined the growing list of clubs monitoring his situation at Craven Cottage.

Fulham do not intend to sell the Roehampton-born star but that has not prevented United from making enquiries with the view of signing Sessegnon and then loaning him back to Fulham for the rest of the season.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/21/manchester-united-keeping-tabs-on-liverpool-and-tottenham-target-ryan-sessegnon-6867227/#ixzz4qSpoLyWp

WhiteJC

Marcus Bettinelli in line for start as Fulham prepare to ring the changes

Marcus Bettinelli could make his first appearance of the season when Fulham host Bristol Rovers in the Carabao Cup.

The former England Under-21 goalkeeper has recovered from a hamstring injury and is in line to replace David Button.

Steven Sessegnon, Ibrahima Cisse, Sheyi Ojo and Marcelo Djalo could also feature as boss Slavisa Jokanovic rotates his squad.

Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon is out with a broken leg.

Sam Slocombe will again deputise in the Rovers goal if Adam Smith has not recovered from injury.

Former Blackpool goalkeeper Slocombe made his debut in Saturday's 3-2 league win at Bury after Smith damaged his hand.

Defender Dan Leadbitter also missed Rovers' first league victory of the season with a thigh injury.

Rovers are expected to make several changes after boss Darrell Clarke admitted there was a "lot of walking wounded" after the Bury game.

https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/marcus-bettinelli-in-line-for-start-as-fulham-prepare-to-rin-1860364.html

WhiteJC

Not Perisic, Manchester United keen on this sensational attacker

According to reports from Sky Sports, Manchester United are currently eyeing up a swoop for Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon.

Manchester United are clearly in the market to sign a new left sided attacker before the end of the summer transfer window and Inter Milan star Ivan Perisic has long been the player of desire for manager Jose Mourinho.

Despite repeated attempts to sign Perisic though, United have been unsuccessful in their pursuit for the Croatian international and it does look like Mourinho will have to focus on transfer targets elsewhere.

With the likes of Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial impressing, not signing another attacker was also seen as a strong possibility recently but now according to reports from Sky Sport, claims are being made that United are currently plotting a move for Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon.

Sessegnon burst into the scene for Fulham in the Championship last season and created history by becoming the first professional footballer in the English leagues to have been born in the 2000s to score a goal in a first-team game and the youngest player ever to have scored in a Championship match after finding the net in a league game against Cardiff City back in August 2016.

The 17-year-old has since built on from his fine achievements and ended the campaign with 7 goals and 4 assists in 30 appearances in all competitions.

Such exploits have seen Sessegnon attracting the interest from a host of Premier League teams and Manchester United are said to be keen on making a swoop for the teenage sensation, if reports from Sky Sports are to be believed.

Fulham are not keen on selling Sessegnon though and it is believed that a fee in excess of £25million will be required to lure the youngster away from Craven Cottage this summer.

http://www.thefaithfulmufc.com/manchester-united-keen-sensational-attacker-alternative-perisic/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic looking to use Fulham's younger stars in Carabao Cup tie with Bristol Rovers

The Cottagers host Bristol Rovers in the second round of the Carabao Cup and the boss is looking to use the rest of his squad in tomorrow night's game

Slavisa Jokanovic expects to have used the entire Fulham squad by the end of Tuesday night as he prepares his side to face Bristol Rovers in the Carabao Cup.

The League One side visit Craven Cottage tomorrow night on the back of Saturday's 1-0 loss to Sheffield Wednesday, which leaves the side with only one win in all competitions this season.

That came in the first round of the competition against Wycombe where Fulham won 2-0 thanks to Lucas Piazon and Denis Odoi goals in what was a much changed starting XI for the Cottagers.

Jokanovic looks set to ring the changes again tomorrow evening, and although the club's U23 side play tonight against Brighton in the PL2, Jokanovic has said he will be using some of the younger members of his squad against Bristol Rovers.

He said: "Yes, this week we were working with 19 players and it depends how many players I'll have on Tuesday night.

"I want to use all my squad and in this way some of the young players will be part of this competition and this game in the Carabao Cup."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-looking-use-fulhams-13506949

WhiteJC

Report: Tottenham contemplating Ryan Sessegnon bid, but Manchester United hold significant interest in Fulham left-back

Tottenham Hotspur were linked with a £25 million move for Sessegnon last week, but may have to fight off Manchester United should they decide to pursue the 17-year-old.

Tottenham Hotspur are contemplating a bid for Ryan Sessegnon, but Manchester United also hold a significant interest in the Fulham left-back, Sky Sports reports in its live transfer blog (21/08 11:17).

Tottenham were said to have had a £25 million offer turned down for the teenager last week, although this was later denied by Sky Sports.

However, the broadcaster now reports that a bid is being considered, and adds that Fulham would sell, but only if an offer is 'too good to refuse' - despite previously stating that the west London side were unprepared to entertain any approaches.

Though it is also claimed that Manchester United would consider loaning Sessegnon back to Fulham if they succeed in signing him, the report does not state whether Tottenham would do likewise.

Nevertheless, Fulham are, according to Sky Sports, likely to stay strong at least in this window - having only recently tied the 17-year-old to a long-term contract.

The Sessegnon speculation follows rumours of interest in Tottenham left-back Danny Rose from clubs including Manchester United.

The former England Under-16 captain, who can also play further up the left flank, has played 34 times for Fulham's first team, scoring seven goals and providing four assists.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/21/report-tottenham-contemplating-ryan-sessegnon-bid-but-manchester/

WhiteJC

If a Man Utd bid materialises, Fulham simply must not hold their star man back

Ryan Sessegnon was an absolute revelation at Fulham last season, with the 17-year-old left sided player playing a significant role in the Cottagers run to the play offs.

The first player born in the 21st century to score a goal in the Football League, Sessegnon has an extremely bright future in the game, and his form is already attracting the interest of England's top clubs.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic will be keen to keep hold of his whizz kid ahead of his bid for a place in the top six, but a big money offer will surely convince the Serbian boss to part ways with the player.

Tottenham had already been linked, but Jokanovic will be sweating over reports that Manchester United are set to up their interest in one of the brightest prospects in the English game.

Jose Mourinho's men have enjoyed an electric start to the season, winning each of their opening two Premier League fixtures by four goals to nil.

The Portuguese has his eye on the title following an extremely disappointing sixth place finish last season, and could be lining up a move for Sessegnon to bolster his squad.

The Old Trafford outfit are fighting on four fronts this season, and their return to Champions League football will mean that Mourinho may seek further reinforcements in the coming weeks.

United have a number of talented young talents in the squad already, and Sessegnon would rapidly excel his growth as a player at the Premier League giants.

Fulham cannot stand in the way of Sessegnon if United come in for the player, and any bid in excess of £25 million surely has to be accepted for the 17-year-old.

Such a fee could allow Fulham to bolster their squad enough to reach the top six, and finally return to the top flight after several years in the second tier.

Sessegnon could become a global sensation at Old Trafford, and Fulham must allow the player to flourish, provided they are properly reimbursed.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/if-a-man-utd-bid-materialises-fulham-simply-must-not-hold-their-star-man-back/

WhiteJC

Man Utd show serious interest in signing 17-year-old starlet, £25m+ needed

Man Utd are reportedly showing 'significant interest' in signing Fulham defender Ryan Sessegnon, who has previously been linked with a whole host of other Premier League sides.

The 17-year-old is widely considered one of the top talents in England as he has continued to progress well at Craven Cottage where he has played regularly and shown his quality to sign his first professional contract.

His versatility allows him to play anywhere on the left flank, while he also has international experience at youth level having featured for the England U19s.

According to Sky Sports though, he could be set to face a difficult decision with regards to his future. It's claimed that in addition to Tottenham being very interested in signing him, Man Utd are now prepared to provide serious competition for his signature.

It's claimed that Jose Mourinho is an admirer of the youngster's talents, and they would look to reach a compromise with Fulham in that Sessegnon would initially remain with the club by loaning him back.

However, it's also added that Fulham have no intention of selling the youngster, even if a £25m bid is received as evidently they believe he is a big part of their future.

If Sessegnon is willing to be patient, then perhaps this will be swept away fairly soon. Nevertheless, opportunities to join the likes of Man Utd and Tottenham or any other top Premier League side don't come around all the time, and he may feel he needs to grab his chance while he can.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2017/08/21/man-utd-show-serious-interest-in-signing-17-year-old-starlet-25m-needed/

WhiteJC

Manchester United keeping track of Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon as Tottenham turn their attention to Estudiantes defender Juan Foyth

Manchester United will rival Tottenham for signing of Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon
    United would consider allowing 17-year-old to stay at Cottagers for this season
    Everton look set to offload £13.5million flop Oumar Niasse to Fenerbahce 
    Leicester City are interested in signing Andros Townsend from Crystal Palace

Manchester United remain admirers of Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon.

The 17-year-old continues to impress scouts with his performances in the Championship though Fulham maintain he is not for sale.

Tottenham insist they did not make a £25million bid for the England U19 international last week but have not ruled out making a bid in the future.

Fulham full-back Ryan Sessegnon is attracting the attention of Manchester United

United are weighing up making a bid for the 17-year-old while loaning him back to Fulham

Liverpool stepped back from bidding for Sessegnon as they believed he had already chosen Tottenham as his next destination. United would consider allowing Sessgnon to continue at Fulham for this season.

United midfielder Andreas Pereira is wanted on loan by Valencia. Jose Mourinho has been keen to include Pereira in his squads this summer and believes he can make a breakthrough after his loan at Granada.

However, Pereira is facing stiff competition and is keen to play more games. Valencia are also looking to finalise an agreement with Paris St Germain for the loan of former United target 20-year-old Gonçalo Guedes.

United's Luke Shaw and Ashley Young are due to play for United's U23s against Swansea City on Monday at Leigh Sports Village. Young is being considered by a number of Premier League clubs for a potential loan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4809674/Man-Utd-keeping-track-Fulham-teenager-Ryan-Sessegnon.html#ixzz4qSseXw4L
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook