watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joka press conf

Started by Lighthouse, August 24, 2017, 04:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Sorry if it is on here but I couldn't see it. Ayite is still out and Aluko has a hip problem that may keep him out. But he will be assessed later. The rest is just saying how the team shouldn't panic and are still a top team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Marcel_Gecov

Apparently GWL was speaking to Fonte as well but I couldnt see it anywhere.

Lighthouse

Slaviša Jokanović isn't paying any attention to the league table at present, but praised Ipswich Town for their start to the season.

A 100 per cent record sees Saturday's opponents sitting joint-top, but our Head Coach emphasised that there are still 42 matches to be played.

"It's a very long season," he stated. "It's true that at the moment Ipswich have found very good results.

"They built a style and identity many years ago and they've followed a similar way. They play with confidence and they won the points, but in this moment the table doesn't mean so much. It's only four games behind us.

"Ipswich is not a defensive team. Ipswich is very aggressive and really organised. At the moment, all of Mick McCarthy's plans are working perfectly.

"He's experienced, he knows what he wants, he knows what kind of game he wants, and at the beginning [of the season] his plan is working fantastically.

"Last season I remember they tried, especially the game at home, to press us with many people. Their last game they played against Brentford they were waiting a little bit in the third part of the pitch. We are ready for both situations.

"They are not a team who want to have so much possession of the ball, they want to attack quickly with many players arriving in the box, and we'll try and find a solution."

Unlike the Tractor Boys, Fulham are yet to register a win in the Sky Bet Championship this term, but Jokanović believes things will click into place soon.

"We are at the start of the competition and we analyse these games that are behind us," he explained. "We could have won the game against Norwich, we were close to winning the game against Leeds, too, and I believe we deserved something against Sheffield Wednesday.

"From another side, we know that in this moment we are not at our best level. We must be optimistic, we must play with confidence, with ambition, to reach our normal level. We don't need to panic.

"Last season at this time if you'd asked me are we going to be promoted or not, I could not give you an answer, like I can't give you an answer now about where we're going to finish in May.

"But I believe we have the team to fight for the top of the table, and we're going to push in this direction without looking behind us so much.

"Our job is to fix the mistakes, bring the confidence and ambition to the team, and be confident we can improve our level.

"We've detected some problems in front of the opposition goal, and I complain that we're not clinical enough. Ipswich's situation is that in four games they shot [on target] 11 times and scored nine goals."

The Whites welcomed Rafa Soares to the Club on Tuesday, but the left-back is one of several players who will be absent at Portman Road.

"He was injured 6th of August, so he's now 18 days without any work," Jokanović said. "I cannot tell you exactly which moment he's going to start.

"We must prepare him to be at the level where he can compete, I'll probably use him in some Under-23 games.

"Floyd Ayité is still not ready to start working with us. Sone Aluko has a hip problem and we're going to assess him to see if he's going to be ready for the game."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Think fonte will score at ipswich !

MikeCdawg

A pretty positive press conference from Joka. It seems to me like he has been working on tactics this week. Which I've noticed a lot of people on here thinking he has no tactical flexibility.

"Last season I remember they tried, especially the game at home, to press us with many people. Their last game they played against Brentford they were waiting a little bit in the third part of the pitch. We are ready for both situations.

"They are not a team who want to have so much possession of the ball, they want to attack quickly with many players arriving in the box, and we'll try and find a solution."

He also mentioned about our lack of goals and creativity. Let's hope he gets his ideas across and come 5pm Saturday we'll all be feeling positive going in to the international break.

Twig

We are certainly suffering our fair share of injuries after a relatively injury free previous season.  Aluko struggling with a hip injury may explain his recent lackluster performance.

fulhamfan

We have to FIGHT. AND WIN!

Fulham1959

His weekly videos on FFC, however, are mind-numbing.

Andy S

What do you expect? Is he supposed to give away his tactics to the opposition?

SG

Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 24, 2017, 06:35:10 PM
I've stopped watching them for that reason

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SG on August 24, 2017, 07:19:36 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 24, 2017, 06:35:10 PM
I've stopped watching them for that reason

Same here.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.