Main Menu

Managers comments

Started by Lighthouse, August 26, 2017, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 28, 2017, 12:31:12 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on August 27, 2017, 11:53:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 27, 2017, 10:05:59 PM
The reason he hasn't looked happy and a little down, is because I believe he does not enjoy working with nuisence number one and nuisance number two and who can blame him, must be difficult at times, and I expect it makes him feel undermined.
I often wonder if the club appreciates and values Jok as much as the supporters do.
If they didn't they wouldn't have gone to the bother of extending his contract

I agree, but my point is, do they value him as much as the supporters do, which is a different question.
No because in my opinion the supporters overrate him

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 27, 2017, 06:08:29 AM
Would have liked to have seen Slava come over to the fans at the end and thank us for the tremendous support instead of just slipping away,I know he doesn't seek the limelight like him down road,but it would have been nice all the same...Coyw

I agree Mince, it's not too much to ask I would have thought, and it would have been appreciated. After all he is not working on a Burma Railway.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alexmur

The reason he hasn't looked happy and a little down, is because I believe he does not enjoy working with nuisence number one and nuisance number two and who can blame him, must be difficult at times, and I expect it makes him feel undermined.
I often wonder if the club appreciates and values Jok as much as the supporters do.

I agree, but my point is, do they value him as much as the supporters do, which is a different question.
The big worry for me is if the players the stats team pick do well and they start thinking they don't need a manager /coach and just get a yes man in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Asotosyios

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 28, 2017, 12:56:56 PM

Overrate him? Why's that?

bog

A lot moan about Mick but I don't. A good honest English manager. Still loves involvement in the game after so many years. 

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alexmur on August 28, 2017, 01:04:32 PM

The big worry for me is if the players the stats team pick do well and they start thinking they don't need a manager /coach and just get a yes man in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To an extent I share your concern, and I wouldn't put it pass them to try. It won't happen, as this is England not cloud cuckoo land.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 27, 2017, 12:07:04 AM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on August 27, 2017, 12:03:23 AM
He and Terry Connor also waited at the players tunnel to shake the hands of our players as they left the pitch. Didn't go down the tunnel themselves until our last player off had done so.

Excellent gesture
Jees! Despite all the negative, destructive football that his teams try to play (remember Wolves in the Premiership?) you have to admire his honesty.

AlexW132

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 28, 2017, 01:32:41 PM

He's a brilliant manager and he'll do us good things but he hasn't achieved anything other than a 6th place finish with us so far, some of our fans regard him as god's gift which just isn't true

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 28, 2017, 03:00:48 PM
He and Terry Connor also waited at the players tunnel to shake the hands of our players as they left the pitch. Didn't go down the tunnel themselves until our last player off had done so.

Excellent gesture
Jees! Despite all the negative, destructive football that his teams try to play (remember Wolves in the Premiership?) you have to admire his honesty.

I think at Wolves he played to the strength of the players he had available, and to try and survive.

Asotosyios

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 28, 2017, 03:22:09 PM

He's a brilliant manager and he'll do us good things but he hasn't achieved anything other than a 6th place finish with us so far, some of our fans regard him as god's gift which just isn't true

I am not sure about god and his gifts and there are definitely other good managers around. But Jokanovic has made us play some very attractive and enjoyable football, apart from the 6th play finish (I understand that's not enough for some, but it's probably for a different topic). Crediting him with that doesn't mean he is overrated - it's just the truth.

AlexW132

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 28, 2017, 03:42:14 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on August 28, 2017, 03:22:09 PM

I am not sure about god and his gifts and there are definitely other good managers around. But Jokanovic has made us play some very attractive and enjoyable football, apart from the 6th play finish (I understand that's not enough for some, but it's probably for a different topic). Crediting him with that doesn't mean he is overrated - it's just the truth.
I do credit him with that, as I do the recruitment team. Some people seem very hesitant to attach any kind of responsibility for good things at the club to Khan and Co., and are very hesitant to attach any form of blame to Jokanovic when it goes balls up.

Twig

Are you serious?

AlexW132

Quote from: Twig on August 28, 2017, 05:45:06 PM

Are you serious?
Yes. See above.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 28, 2017, 03:31:04 PM

Excellent gesture

I think at Wolves he played to the strength of the players he had available, and to try and survive.
If this is an apology for the style of football his teams play then A) he should get in a different type of player and B) it's a failure. I personally am pleased to see rough-house tactics failing. McCarthy takes pride in having been an overly physical player who tried to make up for a lack of skill by trying to foul and intimidate players.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 28, 2017, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 28, 2017, 03:31:04 PM

Excellent gesture

If this is an apology for the style of football his teams play then A) he should get in a different type of player and B) it's a failure. I personally am pleased to see rough-house tactics failing. McCarthy takes pride in having been an overly physical player who tried to make up for a lack of skill by trying to foul and intimidate players.

Apology?
Maybe he couldn't manage to get the type of players in that he wanted.
And Ipswich aren't rough house side,he been playing with 3 up front this season,hence the goals they had scored until they met us.