Main Menu

2017-18 Champtionship Projected table, form, gaps and pts needed

Started by MJG, August 27, 2017, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

FulhamKC

MJG

How we have turned a -9 point gap to 2nd to a +2 gap.

Also a -17 gap to 2nd to a -6 gap. Its taken 12 games to reduce those gaps even with the form we are in (29 points from 12 games).

Takes time to chase down those points

toshes mate

Looking at second spot competition for a moment Cardiff still have to produce almost 2 points per game (i.e. minimum win one, draw one for every two games) and so, as with everyone other than Wolves any two defeats together are going to do a lot of damage needing four consecutive wins to repair.  I still believe positions two to six are up for grabs to whoever can keep unbeaten and avoid more than the occasional drawn games. 

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on February 19, 2018, 09:07:23 AM
Looking at second spot competition for a moment Cardiff still have to produce almost 2 points per game (i.e. minimum win one, draw one for every two games) and so, as with everyone other than Wolves any two defeats together are going to do a lot of damage needing four consecutive wins to repair.  I still believe positions two to six are up for grabs to whoever can keep unbeaten and avoid more than the occasional drawn games.
Could do with a week where we win and the teams in 2/3/4 all lose. Then even I might start to think 2nd is possible.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on February 19, 2018, 10:09:39 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 19, 2018, 09:07:23 AM
Could do with a week where we win and the teams in 2/3/4 all lose. Then even I might start to think 2nd is possible.
Yes, that's why your excellent analyses in recent weeks have been depressing me! They starkly illustrate the severity of the challenge for automatic promotion.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

F(f)CUK

We cannot really think about 2nd place until we have played Sheffield Wednesday. All the matches before that will be tough.

MJG

MJG

Still holding out for 2nd?
Well in last 13 games (a great run we all agree) we have achieved 30 points.
If we repeated that over last 13 games we would have 86 points. Less than the average needed and less than Cardiff currently have targeted.
Possible yes. But highly unlikely.
Our great end of season run last season got us 27 from 13, so to expect to better that would be a very tough ask given the run we still have.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope we can at least get a play off place, then even finish third so that our second leg match is at home. But I still haven't given up on second place either, because I never give in, and neither should Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2018, 08:58:35 AM
Still holding out for 2nd?
Well in last 13 games (a great run we all agree) we have achieved 30 points.
If we repeated that over last 13 games we would have 86 points. Less than the average needed and less than Cardiff currently have targeted.
Possible yes. But highly unlikely.
Our great end of season run last season got us 27 from 13, so to expect to better that would be a very tough ask given the run we still have.
I think this team can do better than last season's run in.   We are much more solid and together but everything depends on factors like injuries, suspensions etc., the great unknowns.  I am not expecting anything other than a lot of the unexpected. 

Riversider

We're 6 points off 10th place ! Could be 3pts by kick off on Saturday, let's forget all this nonsense about 2nd and concentrate on securing a play off place,
The upcoming games against Sheffield United, Preston and Brentford are massive, 7 points or 9 from those three games will really set our stall out for the play offs, two defeats in those 3 games and we face an uphill struggle.

TheWhiteBaron

Anyone else continually re checking to see if this page has been updated yet???

MJG

MJG

Why we have not made any ground on Cardiff.
Last 8 games form.

MJG

Tabby

Think that second is out of reach with that Cardiff win, unless they completely fall apart for the rest of the season.

davew

Looks like a play off position is almost a certainty, 16 points from last 12 games according to Mike's stat's, no problem!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria