watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who plays CB vs Cardiff?

Started by wheelerdeeler, September 01, 2017, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

The one signing I wanted us to desperately make yesterday was a Centre-Back, and I think we'll get the perfect example as to why in our first game back. Tim Ream's on International Duty with the US, he's got a game tonight in NYC against Costa Rica and then a game in Honduras next Tuesday. Let's say the game finishes at just gone Midnight on Tuesday, if he went straight from the game into a plane for a 13 Hour (minimum) flight he'd be back Wednesday Afternoon leaving him with Thursday and Friday to train when he'll be knackered.

So in short, who do we play as a Centre-Back next to Kalas against one of the most in-form set of forwards in the league in Zohore, Mendez-Laing and Hoilett?

We could always sign a Free Agent I suppose. Wouldn't mind Jan Kirchhoff because he was really good for Sunderland before he got injured and he can play Centre-Back and Holding Mid well. Wages would be an issue though I'd assume.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2017, 04:32:18 PM
Ream

A professional footballer can handle 2 games in a week in september

It's not so much handling the games, it's handling the travel. Flying from Honduras to London is a minimum of 13 Hours, and they might even fly from Honduras back to the US and then everyone goes back to their clubs which would make it even longer.

ChesterTheTabby

If we're worried about Ream, Odoi has proven he can adequately fill in, and Djalo is always an option.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Madman Maddle

If he can finally get up to 100% during the international break, Madl is the obvious choice.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

cmg

Ream.

"It's a smashing day. Let's play two."

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Carborundum

Unless he's shrunk or weakened since his last visit, Zohore might be best contained by Djalo.

Riversider

Ream has played loads of International games since joining us and has always performed well on his return,
I don't want to worry you but you haven't allowed for the time difference, the game won't finish until Wednesday morning UK time, so likely that he won't touch down in London until Thursday , he will be travelling first class though.

filham

I understand modern 1st class jet travel enables a good nigh'ts sleep but of course the real enemy is the jet lag.
Well Odoi or Madle will just have to meet the challenge and whoever takes Aluko's place will have to get a couple of goals that Aluko would have missed.

Twig

EJL

Djalo against Zohore on his league debut would be very, very cruel. Ream and Kalas were ripped apart by the guy last season, so let's see if they can learn from their experiences.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Forever Fulham

To the OP's point, I recall how certain players with ankle or feet issues, like Beckham, would suffer terribly from the swelling that would attend long flights, if they had to play the next day.