watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Atkinson Signs

Started by Rambler, September 06, 2017, 11:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Showing my age or maybe my ignorance here but what is "Futsal"?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on September 06, 2017, 06:26:27 PM
I think it's Japanese athletes foot?

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on September 06, 2017, 06:26:27 PM

Salty feet

westcliff white

There a re a lot of Pro's that are no good at Futsal as well.

if the structur of the game wa sbetter then we would succeed. Under 7's play 5 aside these days Under 8's thru 10's play 7 aside, Under 11/12's play 9 aside and then its 11 aside. most leagues now wont play on mud baths either, they save 4-5 weeks towards the end of the season for back logs and play till end of May if they have too. It is all about protecting the children and playing on mud baths isnt good for them

While futsal is good, fast and exciting, it doesnt always translate into the 11 aside game.
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

Reg Stratton from Woking....

092.gif

Carborundum

Quote from: westcliff white on September 07, 2017, 07:48:02 AM
There a re a lot of Pro's that are no good at Futsal as well.

if the structur of the game wa sbetter then we would succeed. Under 7's play 5 aside these days Under 8's thru 10's play 7 aside, Under 11/12's play 9 aside and then its 11 aside. most leagues now wont play on mud baths either, they save 4-5 weeks towards the end of the season for back logs and play till end of May if they have too. It is all about protecting the children and playing on mud baths isnt good for them

While futsal is good, fast and exciting, it doesnt always translate into the 11 aside game.
Good post.  That's exactly how it is in the league my son plays in.  9 a side works very well for 11 year olds.  They don't play on mud baths and the goals are smaller.  Moving up to eleven a side is relished by the boys.  They get to play the formations and tactics they see in the pro game and are mature enough to understand.  They are ready and it makes their match days different from their training where smaller formats like five a side work well.  You don't need access to a Futsal court to improve ball control and decision making.

The other good thing about eleven a side?  More boys get to play.

Marcel_Gecov

I believe Palace and Bolton are two of the teams we've beaten to him.

bog

It may be of minor interest to some that Rob, like Ryan Sess, has a twin brother who also plays football. Twins are always of interest to me as my youngest daughter has twin girls.

Thank you and good night   

092.gif

FulhamStu

Surely futsal is what we called 5 a side ?

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 07, 2017, 01:40:33 PM
Surely futsal is what we called 5 a side ?

Yes and no. I played a fair bit in oz. similar sized pitch but the goal is narrow and high, there are no barriers, kick ins I believe, ball can go any height, the pitch is kind off rubbery but not very. Grippy would be the best description and they use a size 4 weighted ball. Loved it. Anything that makes my first touch look respectable.