watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Feedback on Jordan Graham

Started by FulhamStu, September 02, 2017, 10:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

I know a number of Wolves fans, people who know their football and are very close to the club. 

Got some very interesting feedback on Jordan Graham.

In his first 5 games for Wolves, he was MOTM 5 times !

He had a bad ACL injury and went on loan to Oxford.  He was so good for Oxford, he was bought back quickly.  Oxford fans thought he was a brilliant player and could not believe Wolves loaned him to them.

My Wolves mates were amazed they loaned him to us, they consider him to be a brilliant player who can assist a goal better than anyone they have had for years !

Artful Dodger

Let's hope they are right and we see a player play to his full potential. However Wolves obviously have their doubts and I am sure the management know more about where the lad is than the fans. Cautious optimism though......

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

aaronmcguigan

Think the guy obviously has potential, but he's barely played throughout his whole career. 22 and played less then than 30 senior games in all competitions.  I don't mean it in a bad way,  but now is his chance to come in and hit the ground running, and start showing his potential, as in and around his injury, his career has been stop start.

Hopefully he's a Kalas/ Piazon type loan and not a Stafylidis/ Garbutt/ Labyad/ Petsos loan.

Finally, I think that although we're basically helping him and Wolves in giving him a chance, the amount of wingers we have and different options we have, means he HAS to perform and again the depth we now have means the same for everyone else .

Finnegans Wake

Yeah but Wolves voted Richard Stearman as their player of the year several times. What do they know!?

RaySmith

Fulham do have a record of success with players whose careers seemed to be going off track, as well as signings that haven't worked out,  like all clubs.

But McDonald's recommendation means a lot to me, as well as what Stu reports.

dannyboi-ffc

Thanks Stu. I'm sure he's played against us, he absolutely tore us a new one.

The club seem to be focusing more on Graham than Mollo so I'm expecting him to feature heavily this season. He's a very exciting player to watch and if he has any kind of end product about him then there's every chance that he's better to have than Sone.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

cmg

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 03, 2017, 09:27:53 AM
Thanks Stu. I'm sure he's played against us, he absolutely tore us a new one.

He gave Jazz Richards a right seeing to. More of the same would be nice.

General

Reminds me of giles barnes... he came with a history of injury but with few doubting his talent.. but then consistently got injured.

Fulham may be good for all these wingers.. the number we have could allow for healthy competition in training... allowing players to rediscover their form and heal from injuries properly whilst still getting game time and developing.

If George williams learns from the depth we have in these positions, if sheyi Ojo does.. if Jordan graham does then we could be looking at the most prolific attack in all English and Scottish leagues.

AlexW132

I really do hope he's the one on set pieces, partly because he delivers a mean cross but also because that means Rui'll be in the box hopefully to prod them home.

hopper

Would be surprised if we ever saw much of Williams again to be honest.

Excited about Graham. Does anyone know if there's a recall option as this could hurt us badly if he gets pulled away after discovering form.

filham

It is hard to fathom how a Wolves winger who cannot make their first eleven is going to be worth  a place in our team.
Of course if somehow or the other he comes good then he is of back to Wolves without too much delay.
Sounds like a lose/lose situation for us.

cmg

Quote from: hopper on September 03, 2017, 01:57:36 PM
Excited about Graham. Does anyone know if there's a recall option as this could hurt us badly if he gets pulled away after discovering form.

Unless I am mistaken (has been known!), there are no 'recall options' to loan deals these days.
It's a season long loan. The only way it could end before the end of the season is if, at the January window only, all three parties (Fulham, Wolves and the player) agree to terminate it.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on September 03, 2017, 02:10:06 PM
It is hard to fathom how a Wolves winger who cannot make their first eleven is going to be worth  a place in our team.
Of course if somehow or the other he comes good then he is of back to Wolves without too much delay.

Mentioned this on Twitter at the time when I was sulking about the rumours being just that about Gayle etc. Doesnt make sense does it? But this lad is the dogs ........... if he fits in with how we play.

Strange move though
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

because he doesn't fit their formation and manager sees him surplus to requirements.
People always seem to think if a player is on loan.... Especially from team in same division.... Then their must be something wrong with him or we at least worse off in some way.
This is a win win for us, if he does well we do well. If not then it's a loan that didn't work, nothing lost really.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

Clever move a bit of a no brainer by the club really.
Looking forward to watching him.

BestOfBrede

Why am I not surprised you say this!
:doh:

Bronaldinho

I'm really excited to see what Graham does. He's been a player that has been linked with us for some time from memory,and Wolves fans seem gutted to see him depart.

I've spoke about his arrival and Mollo's in the latest Craven Corner article for anyone who's interested.

You can read it here: thecravencorner.wordpress.com
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

FulhamStu

In reply to a few of you, wolves are playing wing backs, I think with 3 central defenders.  They tried Graham as a wing back but it did not work out.  He is an attacking player not a wing back and Wolves fans believe he is a great player and are pissed off they leant him to us.

General

I mean isn't that the whole reason for the most part why transfers happen? Players don't fit a club or manager or team and they move on after being on the periphery... Danny Murphy,  John pantsil, Dickson etuhu, Bobby zamora, Simon Davies,  Aaron Hughes.. all came to fulham having stopped playing regularly for their previous clubs.

That's what a managers role is so important and why a big chunk of their job is man management and psychological.

Woolly Mammoth

He may not fit into Wolves system, or sometimes the manager just does not fancy you. He is technically a very good player with pace.
One mans meat is another mans poison so to speak.
I reckon it's a win win situation. But like everything else time will tell.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.