Ream
Sess

Kmac
Norwood
Johansen

Mollo
Ayite

Kamara

I think we need to start Kamara. Otherwise, we'd be be forced to start both our deadline day signings who have only trained for a few days according to slav. I'd choose to start Mollo as he seems to be the only healthy right side winger we have. Ayite is proven on the left.

Kamara should certainly start, why wouldnt he? Sess on left, Ayite on right...

As opposed to starting Ayite up top which Slav has done in the past. I don't think I've ever seen him play on the right though.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/floyd-ayite/profil/spieler/77974

As much of a right winger as a striker, fella.

Also from Cottagers confidential:

Fulham have signed Floyd Ayite for a reported 1.7 million pounds from SC Bastia from Ligue 1 in France. He has mostly played on the left side of midfield, but recently has seen some action uptop. He has his highest WhoScored ratings when he has played on either the left or right wing. He scored 8 goals and had 3 assists in 30 appearances last season in Ligue 1 which is a good return for a winger. He should slot in well at the vacant left wing position left by Kacaniklic.

That's fine. He's probably capable of playing on the right and may have produce a couple of years ago in france from the right, but he's a left sided player so why gamble? Plus, if Sess is on the wing, then we'd have to move Odoi or Ream out of position as well. And Ream isn't going to contribute much going forward. Occams Razor I say.

Sess: LW
Odoi: LB

Whats controversial?

Samsara

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 08, 2017, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: SWAD on September 08, 2017, 03:47:38 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 08, 2017, 03:33:11 PM
Quote from: SWAD on September 08, 2017, 03:32:11 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 08, 2017, 03:26:45 PM
Quote from: SWAD on September 08, 2017, 03:22:52 PM
Button

Fred
Kalas
Ream
Sess

Kmac
Norwood
Johansen

Mollo
Ayite

Kamara

I think we need to start Kamara. Otherwise, we'd be be forced to start both our deadline day signings who have only trained for a few days according to slav. I'd choose to start Mollo as he seems to be the only healthy right side winger we have. Ayite is proven on the left.

As opposed to starting Ayite up top which Slav has done in the past. I don't think I've ever seen him play on the right though.

Fulham have signed Floyd Ayite for a reported 1.7 million pounds from SC Bastia from Ligue 1 in France. He has mostly played on the left side of midfield, but recently has seen some action uptop. He has his highest WhoScored ratings when he has played on either the left or right wing. He scored 8 goals and had 3 assists in 30 appearances last season in Ligue 1 which is a good return for a winger. He should slot in well at the vacant left wing position left by Kacaniklic.

That's fine. He's probably capable of playing on the right and may have produce a couple of years ago in france from the right, but he's a left sided player so why gamble? Plus, if Sess is on the wing, then we'd have to move Odoi or Ream out of position as well. And Ream isn't going to contribute much going forward. Occams Razor I say.

Whats controversial?

Odoi plays on the Right, and Ayite on the left. With so many injuries/uncertainties, I just think playing players in their natural positions is needed if our team is going to have any chemistry at all.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: SWAD on September 08, 2017, 03:58:08 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 08, 2017, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: SWAD on September 08, 2017, 03:47:38 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 08, 2017, 03:33:11 PM
Quote from: SWAD on September 08, 2017, 03:32:11 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 08, 2017, 03:26:45 PM
Quote from: SWAD on September 08, 2017, 03:22:52 PM
Button

Fred
Kalas
Ream
Sess

Kmac
Norwood
Johansen

Mollo
Ayite

Kamara

Whats controversial?

Odoi plays on the Right, and Ayite on the left. With so many injuries/uncertainties, I just think playing players in their natural positions is needed if our team is going to have any chemistry at all.

Odoi spent almost an entire season as an LB before he joined us. He played there against Wycombe, Ipswich (sub) and Norwich... so 3 out of the 7 games (including two as CB!!!) - admittedly some of these were subs appearances. He would add a defensive dimension that Sess doesn't.

filham

But is Ream ready to go ,didn't he play in the States the other night. At best he will be suffering from Jet Lag.
Also I thought there was doubt about Johanson being 100%.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on September 08, 2017, 04:04:00 PM
But is Ream ready to go ,didn't he play in the States the other night. At best he will be suffering from Jet Lag.

Jetlag? He's a professional player who does this after every international break. I did Tough mudder the day I got back from Mexico after a 48 hour delay. With sports science it isnt a problem.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on September 08, 2017, 02:39:31 PM
Button

Fred
Odoi
Kalas
Ream

McDonald
Norwood
Johansen

Ayite
Sessegnon

Kamara

Bench...

Betts
Madl
Djalo
Cisse
Edun
Graham
Mollo

Although I would actually bring Humphrys into the 18

The team is actually stronger then I thought looking at this.  We should still be able to hold our own and get a good result with this line up. 
COYW! 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Samsara

Quote from: filham on September 08, 2017, 04:04:00 PM

He was an unused sub midweek.

Twig

Quote from: maoconnor on September 08, 2017, 02:35:52 PM
We're so fk'd. These injuries are coming thick and fast. Cairney, Kebano, Ojo, Soares (still not fit), and Fonte just before we play the league leaders. Good thing we have a little bit of depth. AK47 better make himself a hero tomorrow.

It's early in the season and we have just had a 2 week break. I agree with you we you, how on earth have we ended up in this state?  I said all along that I didn't rate the planning of our pre-season proramme. Not saying it was solely to blame but it didn't seem to help our squad hit the ground running.

MJG

Quote from: Twig on September 08, 2017, 08:20:37 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on September 08, 2017, 02:35:52 PM
We're so fk'd. These injuries are coming thick and fast. Cairney, Kebano, Ojo, Soares (still not fit), and Fonte just before we play the league leaders. Good thing we have a little bit of depth. AK47 better make himself a hero tomorrow.

It's early in the season and we have just had a 2 week break. I agree with you we you, how on earth have we ended up in this state?  I said all along that I didn't rate the planning of our pre-season proramme. Not saying it was solely to blame but it didn't seem to help our squad hit the ground running.
well when you consider Fonte got injured last game, Ojo on England duty and was not here pre season, Soares in Portugal and Kebano has been ok till going on international duty I'm not sure how pre season equates to any of that apart from Cairney.
Just the views of a long term fan

Skatzoffc

I must say MJs team looks fine to me but I would have AK on the bench.

I can't see why people are panicking about injuries. We have a much stronger squad than last year imo. Cover all over the pitch.
As long as they play for the shirt, we will be fine.
And I expect Slav to sort that side of it.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Forever Fulham

Ream will be glad to return to a team where he'll have familiarity with and confidence in the teammates to the left and right of him.  The back line for the USMNT is suffering from 1. player personnel changes when changes aren't needed; 2. no player personnel changes when changes ARE needed; an 3. lack of familiarity with new manager and his staff in the short time the players have to be together and try to gel.  Too much tinkering with the back line.  Too little in-game changes when needed.  So whether its
Fred, Kalas, Ream, Odoi, or
Fred, Kalas, Odoi, Ream, or
Fred, Kalas, Ream Sess, or
Fred Odoi Ream Sess,
it will work. 

Barrett487

Bettinelli
Fred     Kalas   Ream   Odoi
                 McD
Graham  Stef   Norwood      Sess
            Ayite

subs: VDS, Finnan, Goma, Murphy, Houghton,  Barrett, Saha,