watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Things are fine

Started by BedsFFC, September 09, 2017, 06:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Actually, some of squad players getting game time, will actually turn out to be a good thing in the long run.

When players get back and we start to click, we will again be the one of, if not the best team in league.

I have no doubt. More positives than negatives today.

The tag team complaining on the Cardiff bench was the sort of thing you get in the amateur game because they feel they can influence the ref. I have seen a lot of it but never seen it used so much and be so effective in the professional game like today. It was actually ludicrous.

Let's have some optimism on here guys.

6 games in. Just 1 loss

terryr

peaty

I agree. Trying to drag myself in direction of optimism. Somewhat hampered by a hangover & that late equaliser, though.

True, more positives than negatives. At full strength we would have thrashed them.

What a sorry excuse for a team Cardiff are: thugs, carthorses with a thin veneer of hard running up front. If ever a team was in a false position, it's Colin & Co.

Ref, I thought, started out ok. I even started wondering whether he'd taken to heart what Nunes of Wolves said recently about the need for refs to protect players on the pitch.

But then it all went pear-shaped. The standard of refereeing in the championship isn't improving. It allows thugs and carthorses to prosper. It's the biggest single problem holding back this league - which has so much going for it otherwise. A real shame.

keith

Considering the players out, great result.

andyk

Only 3 points off the play of places and I don't think there are any stand out teams this year. Could be very tight up top.

Tabby

Quote from: andyk on September 09, 2017, 06:43:57 PM
Only 3 points off the play of places and I don't think there are any stand out teams this year. Could be very tight up top.

Yeah, that is the promising thing. No teams are looking to pull away completely from the pack this year.

Once everything starts to click for Fulham I feel confident that we can earn the needed points.

Asotosyios

Let's get the first home win on Wednesday and make it 2 in a row in Burton next Saturday.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on September 09, 2017, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on September 09, 2017, 06:05:04 PM
6 games in. Just 1 loss

I accept the positives today but we are also just 1 win from 6. Certainly we need substantially more points from the next 6 games otherwise we'll be hovering around the bottom half with a quarter of the season gone. And yes some teams go on a late surge but MJG's charts show you the vast majority stay around the same level for the next 30 odd games after October.

To give some context our current points projection would be about 54 pts which will just, if you're lucky, avoid relegation. How is that "fine" for a team claiming to be the best in the league?

Correct.
As I've said on my topic,5 goals in 6 isn't near good enough.
We got to start putting them chances away,Sooner rather than later.

filham

3 points behind top six, 3 points above bottom three, only 5 goals scored and one win recorded.

We all expected better than this after last season's magnificent showing.

Time to put a few wins together starting with Hull at the Cottage on Wednesday.

Without Aluko and with Cairney carrying an injury it is becoming hard to see where the goals are going to come from.

Woolly Mammoth

Every team are dropping points. Plenty of draws alround. But Fulham need to turn our draws into victories.
Today's runout for certain players that may not have started if we had had a every one available will stand them and the team in good stead in the long run.
But in the short term we must string some wins together to keep in touch with the top two.
The early mounting injury list shows that you can never have too many players.
Shame we couldn't bring in an out and out striker, which is disappointing considering we have known for around a year that it was paramount we sign a striker, and we are still waiting, there really is no excuse not to have resolved this long before now, hence the reason why we have only scored only 5 goals in six league matches. This has to improve immensely if we are to be challenging for an automatic place.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

First of all as a born depressive I actually don't think we have done badly. Considering teams played we are doing ok and hopefully are still on track.

The only frustration I keep on feeling however is we really did need just a bit more quality at the back and up top. No there is no guarantee we would have improved. But all the fuss when Kalas came back was fine but I was hoping he wouldn't be our only real addition at the back other than a sub. Same with up front. We bought a first team player and a squad player in Kamara.

Still I now realise we will not improve as we have had a few seasons to do so. As people must be fed with me saying. At least we now have a better squad. Shame we couldn't have improved the first 11. But a difficult start to the season and we are ok. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on September 09, 2017, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on September 09, 2017, 06:05:04 PM
6 games in. Just 1 loss

I accept the positives today but we are also just 1 win from 6. Certainly we need substantially more points from the next 6 games otherwise we'll be hovering around the bottom half with a quarter of the season gone. And yes some teams go on a late surge but MJG's charts show you the vast majority stay around the same level for the next 30 odd games after October.

To give some context our current points projection would be about 54 pts which will just, if you're lucky, avoid relegation. How is that "fine" for a team claiming to be the best in the league?
I remember the debates last year about how unlikely it was that we are going to make the top six because of form and history. What I really care about is that we were better than Cardiff today. If you want to be happy as a supporter of a team that starts wasting time ten minutes into the game,  and rely on long throws to create opportunities, then Cardiff are your team. Good luck.

hovewhite

Couldnt watch cardiff every week brute force little craft felt we should have won today even at half strength and boys can feel unlucky.
What we have got now is a solid backline a system the players believe in and soon as we win at the cottage we will be off coyw