more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aston Villa

Started by aaronmcguigan, September 15, 2017, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa boss defiant after criticism from fans

Steve Bruce's Villa had miserable luck in front of goal in Tuesday's 0-0 home draw with Middlesbrough
Under-pressure Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce has responded to social media-led criticism from supporters by defending his Championship record.

Villa are 18th in the table, with seven points from seven games.

And some fans are upset by the club's inconsistent start under Bruce, Villa's seventh boss in seven years.

"I've heard I'm a dinosaur. But I've been promoted twice in the five years," Bruce told BBC WM. "If I go, who are they going to get who's any better?"

Bruce, whose side travel to Oakwell to face Barnsley on Saturday, added: "Is that the fix? Off with my head, then someone else comes in and changes everything again?

"This team came in either last Christmas or this summer and people are judging them on six months. That's not long enough."

Bruce's promotion record

Bruce has won promotion from this level four times, twice at his previous club Hull City and twice with Villa's local rivals Birmingham City.

Despite his side being unbeaten in four matches, two successive goalless home draws have added pressure to Saturday's match.

"If it's the last-chance saloon, then so be it," said Bruce. "If that's what they want. But who's creating that? Social media and radio phone-ins.

"The vast majority of Villa fans here for the Middlesbrough game the other night, and there were 29,000 of them, were still right behind myself and the players.

"They can see that progress is being made after a difficult few years for the club.

"I've been in it long enough to know realistically what happens if you don't get results, but things are bubbling along under the surface. I totally believe we will be there and thereabouts."

Villa have the second biggest wage bill in the Championship, largely a legacy of Bruce's managerial predecessors, but they made a profit in the summer transfer window.

Having shown he will give any good young players a chance, he has been hit by the loss to injury of Jack Grealish and Andre Green.

aaronmcguigan

WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE CRITICISM OF HIM AND HIS PERFORMANCE WHO RESPONDS LIKE THIS...!

"If I go, who are they going to get who's any better?"

filham

It really is difficult to understand how a big club like Villa have been relegated and  seem to be sinking to a low position in the Championship.

Twig

Ridiculous to start talking about sacking him, give the guy some time. Not my favourite but he deserves a fair crack at it.

Marcel_Gecov

What the article doesn't say, is that if you've been promoted twice from the championship then you must also have been relegated...

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 15, 2017, 05:46:05 PM

WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE CRITICISM OF HIM AND HIS PERFORMANCE WHO RESPONDS LIKE THIS...!

Lol.
The guy is a total tool imo.
He spends fortunes, then blames everyone from the cleaners to the tea ladies for his failures. He is perfect for Villa and their mediocre club resting on past laurels.
Bye bye.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: filham on September 15, 2017, 06:06:07 PM
It really is difficult to understand how a big club like Villa have been relegated and  seem to be sinking to a low position in the Championship.

Difficult ? They have a history of buying overpaid overhyped players for inflated fees, with little or no sell on value.
They also have a history of bringing in "big name" managers who rely on reputation players . The likes of Terry, Elmohammody, Samba, Whelan, Agbonlahor, Richards , Hutton seem like a team that would storm the championship maybe back in 2012.
The wages and fees now mean they're held back on spending due to FFP and that's mismanagement at its finest. They have also invested heavily in players who have been somewhat of a flash in the pan for previous clubs and as of yet none have turned it on for Villa, Kodjia, Bree, Hourihane, Hogan etc

So maybe not so difficult to see a club digging its own holes.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 15, 2017, 05:46:05 PM

Should really preach the guidelines but I think this warrants.......w*nker!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging