https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry ... but hopeless

Started by MikeW, September 16, 2017, 04:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peaty

Quote from: Luka on September 16, 2017, 06:40:12 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on September 16, 2017, 06:07:10 PM
can't  put a number on it, i.e. Top 2 or top 6, the league is so unpredictable but so many teams in this league lose to teams they shouldnt.
At the same time we lost to Burton, the apparent favourites Leeds went and lost to Millwall, Derby were thrashed at Bristol, Reading haven't won since Sone arrived , Forest and Sheffield Utd had great starts and were beaten today. Comparing us to 1st we finish today no worse off.

Not saying we can't forget how abysmal today was, but in comparison to other teams in this league, this thing happens week in Week out and is forgotten the following week.

The smartest thing written on this forum today.

+1

aaronmcguigan

I think the few saving graces which , clutching at straws are:
-many teams around us lost or didn't win, we haven't lost ground on the teams at the top, there's no team running away with it and no one club on hot form which has allowed our performance and form to hide under the radar

-A lot of teams around us including our next two opponents play in the league cup midweek whereas we don't. We get a mini break and we need to make the most of it. It HAS to be intense, it has to be hard work, it has to be testing , and Slav needs to push the guys to the limit and only accept the best. Too much average has been accepted and maybe with no midweek game we can actually gain an advantage on our opponents and catch up on , consideringthe waste of a pre season we never had..

JHaynes Paperboy

:032:
Quote from: berba on September 16, 2017, 07:51:19 PM
  I understand if the horse carries the person, but I do not understand if the person carries the horse. I understand if a negative thought can carry a person, but I do not understand if the person carries that negative thought. You have some negative thought, some negative feeling – throw them out, they are parasites just sucking out the juices of your body without giving you anything in return! These negative thoughts and feelings could beg you to not throw them out, but you should not listen to them – as you are throwing them out of yourselves, tell them, "Every morning I can leave a little food for you at a certain place, so that you do not starve to death, but I do not allow you to remain, live and multiply in my mind and in my heart."

Are you Eric Cantona?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on September 17, 2017, 11:24:26 AM
:032:
Quote from: berba on September 16, 2017, 07:51:19 PM
  I understand if the horse carries the person, but I do not understand if the person carries the horse. I understand if a negative thought can carry a person, but I do not understand if the person carries that negative thought. You have some negative thought, some negative feeling – throw them out, they are parasites just sucking out the juices of your body without giving you anything in return! These negative thoughts and feelings could beg you to not throw them out, but you should not listen to them – as you are throwing them out of yourselves, tell them, "Every morning I can leave a little food for you at a certain place, so that you do not starve to death, but I do not allow you to remain, live and multiply in my mind and in my heart."

Are you Eric Cantona?

Sardines.

jarv

Top 6 is definitely possible, too early to write us off but top 2 looks a long way off already. A run of 4 or 5 games will fix it all.

Neil D

Nothing is as disappointing as the failure to meet raised expectations.  Two years ago a result like this would have been met with a collective shrug of shoulders.

FFCSteve

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 16, 2017, 06:07:10 PM
can't  put a number on it, i.e. Top 2 or top 6, the league is so unpredictable but so many teams in this league lose to teams they shouldnt.
At the same time we lost to Burton, the apparent favourites Leeds went and lost to Millwall, Derby were thrashed at Bristol, Reading haven't won since Sone arrived , Forest and Sheffield Utd had great starts and were beaten today. Comparing us to 1st we finish today no worse off.

Not saying we can't forget how abysmal today was, but in comparison to other teams in this league, this thing happens week in Week out and is forgotten the following week.

Good post and agree!
We had the lion share of possession. Norwood, although unlucky, cost the first goal. The Ref cost the second.
My biggest frustrations are not finishing off our chances, and poor refereeing, iffy decisions and no consistency.
Hopefully our injured players will be fit soon.
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

colinwhite

We are 7 points off the top two ,havent got going yet ,have had plenty of injurries and played nearly all the top sides .Yesterday was a blip but come up have a bit of faith people.