more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In Slav we trust

Started by Bassey the warrior, September 17, 2017, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 18, 2017, 10:42:39 PM
I think its never simplistic as being all coaching or all the players but a multiple intersection of the coach's overall philosophy and approach that he coaches the players in every week, preparation and direction for the upcoming game, the selection of the best players, the players then delivering on the plan and then when things go differently than planned how the coach adjusts the players and approach thro subs or tactical switch.
I rate Slav on his philosophy, his preparation but I think that his selection sometimes shows his biases. This is shown in his general preference for a very small pool of players and LVC for one didn't fit into that pool. I think he makes his mind up about players and is stubborn about changing his mind, especially as his role in recruitment is to just thumbs up or thumbs down who the recruitment team select.
This weekend the third game in 8 days he said at his press conference he would need to rotate and did not. Tired legs and tired minds showed little fight or creativity. His bench not having Kamara on it was arguably poorly selected.
So this weekend the players didnt deliver on the plan and the opposition were a factor in that, luck and bad refereeing were also a factor.
His subs were poor as we didn't tactically adapt to being on a very small pitch with 3 at the back defending against our non existent center forward but successfully stymieing our passing game. He made them too late and basically made like for like moves, which he does most weeks. Overall I think he gets out-coached in games more than he makes the truly smart game changing move.
We play the same way every game and the other teams scout us and know it and we get shut down or our chances are limited and no-one is getting enough success for the confidence to rise. Not having a fully fit striker that he has confidence in is not helping. Kamara is young and at times has shown the ball control of a traffic bollard but the last couple of games he looked better adjusted yet in a game with three lumps for center backs he played Ayite and Kebano. Did Kamara have enough strength to cause them issues to create gaps for a smaller creative tricky player? who knows as he didnt even put him on the bench.
I also think the reason why Norwood is falling short is that he does not get any respect from other managers. Cairney was so good that by Xmas every team was trying to man mark him or double team him. That gave so much more space for StefJo and the others to work through and they all grabbed goals. With Norwood they stand off him and press StejJo more and his pass success is lower because of it.
So Slav has us playing some nice football but I think he is far from the finished article and I am hoping that with a week to work on our game against Boro and something to prove we are able to look forward positively. However with Cairney out for another 3-4 weeks we need some magic.

A good post
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 19, 2017, 08:51:57 PM
I think the challenge at home vs away is that teams are happy to sit deep and invite us on. Thats a circumstance we really need something special from say, a Cairney or last season we had Aluko who would beat a couple of people and create space. This year TC has been injured and we are yet to see Mollo or Graham do that. Away the pressure is on the other team to at least make an effort to beat us which allows our pace to create chances. The Burton game was one where their game plan beat our poorly executed game plan with some assistance from the Ref. The ref generally does not favor one team over another but as has been said elsewhere ( Jack on Fulhamish) poor refs who let bad challenges go unpunished have more of an impact on a footballing side like Fulham than a hoof and run side.
I hope Slav gets better and I hope he takes advice from his coaching staff.

Another good post.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Home formation and a consistent winning formation roy did manage a good home record but that was playing bobby z up top laying the ball off another striker like johnson when he was fit backed up by 2 banks of 4 ,for slav to do that would need 2 fit strikers which one of them i think rui could do that role the other front man would have to proper finisher which raises the question who.
If it was possible then slav would have to change the system and could not see him playing 4-4-2
So maybe he could try 3-5-2.
Slav has initiate an awnser thats his job if he wants to be succesful,im sure a lot will shut me down on here and you may be right but i would like to see it tried.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hovewhite on September 20, 2017, 07:32:40 PM
Home formation and a consistent winning formation roy did manage a good home record but that was playing bobby z up top laying the ball off another striker like johnson when he was fit backed up by 2 banks of 4 ,for slav to do that would need 2 fit strikers which one of them i think rui could do that role the other front man would have to proper finisher which raises the question who.
If it was possible then slav would have to change the system and could not see him playing 4-4-2
Slav has initiate an awnser thats his job if he wants to be succesful,im sure a lot will shut me down on here and you may be right but i would like to see it tried.

I'm not convinced we need to change formation. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal amd if we're going to play Sess at left back,  and we have lots of wingers so we should, the winger in front needs to give him more support defending.
It's all down to more work on the training pitch.

We should also remind ourselves that Sess is still so young and still developing.

hovewhite

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 20, 2017, 10:11:21 PM

I'm not convinced we need to change formation. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal amd if we're going to play Sess at left back,  and we have lots of wingers so we should, the winger in front needs to give him more support defending.

We should also remind ourselves that Sess is still so young and still developing.
I would like to see another plan,a plan b that makes us less predictable but i dont expect to see it change,and hope slav is right and proves it to me as i like the coach a lot .

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hovewhite on September 21, 2017, 04:52:23 AM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 20, 2017, 10:11:21 PM

I would like to see another plan,a plan b that makes us less predictable but i dont expect to see it change,and hope slav is right and proves it to me as i like the coach a lot .
If we change formation then the players will take time to adjust. I don't see it producing instant results.