watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR

Started by SP, September 24, 2017, 09:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keynsham

I must hasten to add that I wasn't having a dig  at Fulham there, more football ticketing prices in general.

_Putney_

I'd say there is quite a large youth element at Fulham.  Perhaps the 20s to 30s group is lacking.

But, all in all. QPR SMALLTEAM :)

toshes mate

Quote from: Keynsham on September 26, 2017, 01:40:12 PM
Either that or what we are seeing is the beginning of young people being priced out of supporting a football club.
+1
There has to be a better way to run football than the current media inducement squeezing out proper, and live, football supporters.

Logicalman

Quote from: Andy S on September 26, 2017, 01:38:15 PM
I have to say what worries me when I look around the cottage is the number of Middle aged and old supporters we have. (and I am one of them). Clearly we need to attract a good amount of new supporters every season, which we can only do in the prem. I guess that is the same for all clubs. People demand excitement at the right end of the league in the championship. In the premier league they want to see the big teams visiting every other week

From another pov to the other great ones expressed, could it also be that when some of us grew up in the area, it was cheapish (for want of a better word about class) and often not only would dad pass it onto son, but others moving into the area as youngsters, and without the availability of watching the super teams on TV each week, simply attended their local team?

Nowadays, it seems that youngsters tend to pick a team, less from their heritage and more from who is fashionable, hence when we dropped from the Prem, so did our ST sales (as I have been led to believe) and with the same families being priced out of the area somewhat (or simply moving away from the area for other reasons - work, etc) that 'local' feel doesn't apply as much?

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ffc73

I am a third generation supporter with 3 sons (ages 26, 24 & 22). They experienced the years from the Adams regeneration to the long stint in the Premiership. None of them were really ever interested & now follow non football past times. My 15 year old nephew has followed a similar route from football & FFC to other things.

Many reasons but whilst partially disappointed more of me is pleased they all follow their own passions. Even if it means they don't support FFC. 

_Putney_

Quote from: FFC73 on September 26, 2017, 06:25:52 PM
I am a third generation supporter with 3 sons (ages 26, 24 & 22). They experienced the years from the Adams regeneration to the long stint in the Premiership. None of them were really ever interested & now follow non football past times. My 15 year old nephew has followed a similar route from football & FFC to other things.

Many reasons but whilst partially disappointed more of me is pleased they all follow their own passions. Even if it means they don't support FFC. 

Absolutely.  Nothing wrong with the people who don't go.  Just a shame supporting your local side has become less attractive/feasible.

SP

Expect route 1 on Friday through Matt Smith.  QPR were toilet at Barnsley this evening until Matt came on near the end.  Holloway's high intensity tactics aren't so easy when playing two games a week.

G_Gribby

Give the young lads Safe Standing at Hammyend and they will show up in big numbers. I can sit at Riverside. The youngsters needs the space.

Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Carborundum on September 25, 2017, 09:33:37 AM
QPRs ground is cramped.  Sitting in one of their seats the prospect of scratching my ears with my kneecaps seemed a possibility.  The club has a dilemma over whether to move and isn't necessarily getting the pricing / matchday experience / crowd atmosphere balance right in their current location.. 

I know several QPR fans - each love their football and their club.  Shoot me down, but I respect that.  The cost of going to the games for them and their families is an issue.  Their club could pack the place every week and choose not to. We could too if we wanted to - and to turn things on their head, Craven Cottage has more empty seats on matchday than Loftus Road.

Why does it matter?  Well I think kids get some odd ideas about football if they only consume it through TV, YouTube and video games.  Going to live games can stir passion and respect that lasts a lifetime.  Oh, and from a selfish point of view packed stadiums are more fun to be in.

The question about football eclipsing cinema cost and how can that be?  Very good one and prices should come down.
I agree with the comment about the seats at Loftus Road. They are ridiculously small. I also have had unfortunate experiences of their stewards who are by far the rudest and most aggressive I have seen anywhere. I am not going to give them any more of my money. I am not going back. Easy away game to get to, but I'm not going there.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope we can bag 3 points there on Friday, and play them off the park while we are at it, and get out of there and back to civilisation asap.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Small seats little leg room(being 6"1)rudede stewards,been there done it saving money for decent away day.Will watch in the pub.

Riversider

All the excuses coming out nice and early, truth is its on the tele, that's why some are scratching their head for a reason not to attend,
If it wasn't on Sky I'm fairly sure that some of these reasons for non attendance wouldn't apply,
Oh well each to their own I suppose.

SP

TIFF reporting only 200 restricted view left.