more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic

Started by MaidenheadMick, September 30, 2017, 11:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: mtmakl on October 01, 2017, 12:43:42 AM
His English is a lot better than my Serbian, so, no complaints from me.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

But I assume your not working in Serbia, but he is working in England, and communication is a necessary requirement in his line of work.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

Transitioning.A coaching term meaning :
When losing the ball,quickly getting players behind the ball where the team switches to defensive shape as quickly as possible.
In attack:
Press forces the opponents into making a mistake,or enbles the team to directly win back possession at which Point, the team `transitions `into attack to get forward as quickly as possible before the opponent has time to get players behind the ball or organise their defense. Also known as  a turnover , counter attack or as we used to say in the old days `hitting teams on the break !!
This season we have been more
direct in attack and also allowed teams to come on to us in order to use our offensive transiton. Players with pace are vital to make this work, and this is a main feature of how we have played in the last 2 games.
As far as Jokas interview goes ,he just looked completely knackered, and after those final 9 minutes who can blame him !!!

Dodgin

Missed it, is it available

hovewhite

if he ever formed a rock band,it would be called,
Broken English!

toshes mate

The subtext to the answer to the question about the potential second penalty is 'in all my years in football questioning a referee's decision after the match has never changed the result', except SJ believes we are all intelligent enough to understand that by now or is he supposed to descend to the level of speciousness demonstrated by high percentage of football coaches and media people.  Communication is partly the responsibility of the speaker and partly the responsibility of the listener and is wholly ambiguous because language happens not to be precise.  That is why legal documents are so bloody long. 

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 01, 2017, 02:54:41 AM
Quote from: mtmakl on October 01, 2017, 12:43:42 AM
His English is a lot better than my Serbian, so, no complaints from me.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

But I assume your not working in Serbia, but he is working in England, and communication is a necessary requirement in his line of work.

communication is necessary, yes. But communication is different from speaking the queens English. He gets his message across. He's got a management team behind him who undoubtedly help him on the training pitch, and just because he mumbles a bit, stutters with certain words or in scenarios can't find the exact word doesn't mean people need to have a go at him .

He's worked in many different countries and managed to get his message across so I'm happy with the broken English that I hear, the general message gets across. If the club or broadcasters have an issue , they would surely seek out Stuart Gray or the like who can get the message across to please everyone

cmg

Quote from: colinwhite on October 01, 2017, 08:30:01 AM
Transitioning.A coaching term meaning :
When losing the ball,quickly getting players behind the ball where the team switches to defensive shape as quickly as possible.
In attack:
Press forces the opponents into making a mistake,or enbles the team to directly win back possession at which Point, the team `transitions `into attack to get forward as quickly as possible before the opponent has time to get players behind the ball or organise their defense. Also known as  a turnover , counter attack or as we used to say in the old days `hitting teams on the break !!
This season we have been more
direct in attack and also allowed teams to come on to us in order to use our offensive transiton. Players with pace are vital to make this work, and this is a main feature of how we have played in the last 2 games.
As far as Jokas interview goes ,he just looked completely knackered, and after those final 9 minutes who can blame him !!!

Thanks for that definition. When it comes to football his English is obviously better than mine.
Actually, when I looked up 'Transitioning' I discovered something entirely different!

It may be worth considering that English is, in fact, no better than his 3rd language, Spanish being his 2nd. (His family live in Spain.)

Peabody

As long he can say no, if West Ham come a calling.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Peabody on October 01, 2017, 09:57:58 AM
As long he can say no, if West Ham come a calling.
Hah, brill.
Nogood "What's Serbian for no, isit" Boyo