watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trouble accessing FOF

Started by Tonywa, October 09, 2017, 10:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Have had a lot of trouble accessing the site in recent days.  Frequently get a 404 error message when I try getting on.  Is it just me and are Virgin media messing me about or have others had a similar problem?

love4ffc

I personally have not experienced any problems.  Nor has anyone else reported any.  Since we changed server providers things seems to have stabilized.  Fingers crossed that it stays that way.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tonywa

Quote from: love4ffc on October 09, 2017, 11:17:10 PM
I personally have not experienced any problems.  Nor has anyone else reported any.  Since we changed server providers things seems to have stabilized.  Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Thanks.  Don't know what's causing it, but it's been going on about five or six days now.  I'll take up with the ISP.

love4ffc

Quote from: Tonywa on October 09, 2017, 11:19:06 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on October 09, 2017, 11:17:10 PM

Thanks.  Don't know what's causing it, but it's been going on about five or six days now.  I'll take up with the ISP.
I'll have WhiteJC also look at it to confirm. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tonywa

Thanks very much.  Sorry to stir things up.

Friendsoffulham

Hi Tonywa,

Since we've swapped hosting providers, FOF has been pretty solid, no issues, errors or dropouts (fingers crossed).

If you're getting a 404 error, make sure you're not trying to access FOF via an old bookmarked page, or similar, as this may still be pointed to the old server, and naturally cause an error.

Try clearing your browser history/cache, and perform a new book mark.

Tonywa

Just happened again.  This is the message I get.

404 Page Not Found

We're sorry, but the server could not find the URL you tried to load.

Friendsoffulham

Are you typing the url into the web browser, and then it's auto-filling? If that's the case, then your pc/laptop maybe storing and old url, that is associated to the older server.

If that's the case, then you need to clear your web browser history and cache.

Jonaldiniho 88

Been spot on my end. Hope everyone gets the same

WhiteJC

Tonywa

Ah! Thank you very much indeed.  I am using a fairly old bookmark, so that's probably at the root of the problem.  Thanks again for your help.