News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take one of these 3 on loan in Jan ?

Started by Riversider, October 11, 2017, 01:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

I'm with you Riverside.
We particularly need a bigger physical presence that is different to the numerous "forwards" that we currently have.

MikeW

Dominate centre back?  Ledley would have been ideal to do a job.  Bet we didn't even try as he doesn't fit the computer model.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

I have been indicating the need for a physical dominating centre back that breaths fire since the year dot, let alone a forward, and if as has been indicated the computer stats dominate the decision making on new recruits, then we are all d_oomed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 15, 2017, 09:29:55 PM
I have been indicating the need for a physical dominating centre back that breaths fire since the year dot, let alone a forward, and if as has been indicated the computer stats dominate the decision making on new recruits, then we are all d_oomed.

Yes we need cover at centre back, but we didn't win on Saturday because we were too lightweight in attack, this must be addressed in January before anything else,
Would also add that another contributing factor was that Norwood and Johansen didn't exactly have their best ever game in a white shirt.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on October 16, 2017, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 15, 2017, 09:29:55 PM

Yes we need cover at centre back, but we didn't win on Saturday because we were too lightweight in attack, this must be addressed in January before anything else,
Would also add that another contributing factor was that Norwood and Johansen didn't exactly have their best ever game in a white shirt.

I agree with you there on all accounts.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that Troy Deeney would be the best man to lead our line.
But would he want to come to us, and could we afford him. He would be worth the money as he could and would make all the difference.

Never forget your Roots.

Ordar

Didnt Watford turn down 25m for Deeney in the summer from Leicester? Extremely unlikely he'd drop down a division

We Are Premier League

I would if we could sign one of our current loan players, given the restriction on the number of loan players you can use each match.

With Kalas, Soares, Norwood and Ojo/Piazon/Mollo likely to be in the squad most games, we would need to replace one of them if we signed another loan player. Norwood is probably the cheapest and most likely purchase, but I can't really see that happening.