more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trash. Garbage. Wake up.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 21, 2017, 04:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Quote from: Matt10 on October 22, 2017, 02:29:56 AM
If Ayite and Fonte score from point blank, then there wouldn't even be this topic. Sorry, think we're trying to over-validate a theme that is far off base. We're a good side, but just like the Burton Albion match, we didn't finish our chances.

You are incorrect. We have missed big chances in every game. This is a major problem that the manager doesn't seem to be resolving.

J.Perkins

Quote from: MikeW on October 21, 2017, 08:39:32 PM
Mince ... BBC stats say we had over 65% of possession today.  The missing words are 'mostly sideways'.

Even at the death, when we must have had possession for 3 of the 4 mins did we attempt to get out wide or push into channels? (no point in the long ball, no one can head or reach it).  No, we played it prettily across the back, little triangles etc while Villa watched and held us at bay.

Correct. Yesterday's performance was boring.

MikeW

Matt 10: If Ayite and Fonte score ? .... But they didn't

Colin White: No not boring Colin, more frustrating and ineffective.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

colinwhite

Ok Mike ,but its very fine margins and for the original poster to go so far over the top in his criticism and point the finger at fellow supporters to "wake up", implies what exactly? and for the other usual suspects to jump on the bandwagon .....well enough said about that.
I dont hear any suggestions on how to resolve our problems. People seem to Forget extremely quickly. If we win our next 2 home games the picture can change very quickly. The problem for me is that we have let in too many sloppy goals. Without Tc our possession game is alot more fragile and teams can successfully press us high. If weare going to be without him for agood period then Jokanovic needs to resolve this ussue and maybe change our shape,as I agree with youngsbitter that norwood is not the answer(sooner part of the problem ). The next 2 games will say alot about our team and i dont believe that they will show us to be "garbage" or  "trash". In my eyes the person writing that doesnt have a particularly good understanding of the game. No offence meant.

Beamer

The thing that worries me most is the seeming reliance that Cairney will come on and turn things around when it's not going our way.
The noises coming from the club seem to be that Tom has a knee 'condition' rather than an injury. If he is not fit enough to play 90 minutes perhaps we might think about starting with him and subbing him when he needs to rest the knee rather than the other way round. I know the 'bring him on when the other side are tiring argument but these days with the fitness levels that sides have does it really make that much difference.
Or, should we send him somewhere to get the position clear (and hopefully sorted) and get used to not having him available until we do know what the prognosis is. 

Mince n Tatties

That's all we hear all the time on this forum,If If If If,its definitely a lot of people's favourite word.
Point is Ayite and Fonte didnt score did they.😬 😬 😬

ffcthereligion

colinwhite

no the Point is that they didnt score and that doesnt suddenly make us a poor side.

toshes mate

That is two poor performances on the bounce for me, and, along with others on these pages, I can see there isn't a lot of room for optimism - at least superficially.  Yes, we are missing injured parties, but missing them isn't going to get them fit.  This is supposed to be, as so many have told me on here, a 'stronger, upgraded squad', and yet we are missing Malone, Aluko and Martin too, three players who have neither been replaced nor upgraded in that 'wonderful window' where we didn't sign a striker or defender of note.  And so, let's get  back to reality and make sure our reaction isn't massively OTT.   

Last season, about this time, we had three wins under our belt and had just been beaten at Villa.  Our play was inconsistent and uneven, fits and starts, although we had shown an aptitude to score goals when we turned up and played.  We did turn up against Huddersfield at the end of October and had a feast.  I don't say it'll happen that way this time around but, as Best of Brede says, we do know how fickle many Fulham supporters are, and so let's at least acknowledge the current side haven't had much chance to settle down yet - a bit like last season too - what with all the squad changes and injuries etc.  Let's see how SJ moves things around for the visit of Bolton.   

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Old Count on October 21, 2017, 05:01:36 PM
We are too short, too lightweight and have no outlet when being pressured.

Disapointing not to have addressed these issues in the transfer window.  Poor recruitment and a lack of understanding of what's needed to get promotion.

No chance of the playoffs let alone top two.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: colinwhite on October 22, 2017, 09:47:11 AM
no the Point is that they didnt score and that doesnt suddenly make us a poor side.

Not a poor side but a pointless side losing touch with top 2

colinwhite

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on October 22, 2017, 07:39:39 PM

Not a poor side but a pointless side losing touch with top 2
Apointless Side leaving villa park where not many away teams are going to win this season

Matt10

Exactly. The concept of being a poor side is trying to be validated and a bit of a stretch.

We are just not finishing. It is really that simple. Last match the standouts were Ayite and Fonte. Match before that it was Ojo wasn't it?

How does a manager impart finishing skills in match situations? If that's where we need to focus, then let's focus there. Instead, we're hearing things about how we are shite and need to wake up? Come off it with your overreaction. I am very glad noone listens to the negativity towards Slav because if they did, we'd end up exactly how we exited the Prem...shuffling managers and delaying the inevitable.

J.Perkins

The team are being poorly coached and poorly managed. Enough of blaming everyone else under the sun, now is the time to blame Jokanovic.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 22, 2017, 11:09:40 PM
The team are being poorly coached and poorly managed. Enough of blaming everyone else under the sun, now is the time to blame Jokanovic.

Boldest comment for days. So apart from average players remaining average players, the same mistakes being made and our best performances relying heavily on key individuals and not tactics or a game plan that makes the most of the resources we have what do you base your outrageous statement on?

Woolly Mammoth

From week to week, We do not seem to learn from our shortcomings which are never addressed properly as we see the same mistakes being made.
The same system of play which is never adjusted to deal with different challenges. What do they do in training all week I ask myself.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 22, 2017, 11:24:17 PM

Boldest comment for days. So apart from average players remaining average players, the same mistakes being made and our best performances relying heavily on key individuals and not tactics or a game plan that makes the most of the resources we have what do you base your outrageous statement on?

Mistakes being made each game is a coaching issue. The players are failing to finish chances consistently across the board.

Our game plan has gone backwards. Possession and only possession. Very predictable.

The poorness of the team selection each week. Kamara and Ayite over Mollo and Kebano? Sessegnon continues to play out of position even though Soares is now fit.

The poor substitutions. Bringing on Cisse on Saturday was an atrocious decision.

Poorly coached as our weaknesses are across the whole team. Poorly managed as Jokanovic only have 1 style per game and doesn't impact the game with his subs.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on October 23, 2017, 12:05:31 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 22, 2017, 11:24:17 PM

I'd suggest that should read "below average players becoming above average players" and it would then demonstrate exactly why the players are not being poorly coached/managed

The standard most on this forum seem to think we should be playing at is top 2, or at least top 6

So just out of interest, how many of our current team were playing regularly and well for top 2 or top 6 sides when we signed them? Aside from Norwood, they came from bottom half Championship teams, poor foreign leagues or other clubs reserve/youth teams, and almost all for low fees.

Where do we get this idea that these players are capable of more?

Who out of the whole team has played better anywhere else in his entire career than he's playing now, under Jokanovic?

You don't need a great team to go up. We have an above average team performing at not even half of what they are capable of.

Bar Malone and Aluko, we saw what this starting XI was capable of last season. Demolishing teams on a frequent basis, most of the time without a recognised striker.

The players in our team have played probably the best football of their career with Jokanovic. LAST SEASON. Other teams have developed, we have not. And the style of play has been found out.

Nasty Neil

Mike you have been watching to many American films. To end a communication you simply say OUT! by saying OVER this means your waiting for the recipient to reply

colinwhite

I blame Jokanovic that we have gone from being hopeless and boring ,hoofing the ball anywhere under k symons to a side playing what most people recognise as probably the best in the division. The other teams in this league would love it we were so fickle as to blame jokanovic for us not being in the top 6 (3 points off the top six isnt good enough with only 33games to go).
You are presumably suggesting we sack Jokanovic J Perkins ? If not why are  you writing this drivel?