watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (16/09/10)

Started by WhiteJC, September 16, 2010, 07:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1312289/Moussa-Dembele-goals-Bobby-Zamora-says-Fulham-boss-Mark-Hughes.html?
Moussa Dembele has to get the goals now Bobby Zamora is out, says Fulham boss Mark Hughes

Fulham manager Mark Hughes hopes Moussa Dembele will fill the void left by Bobby Zamora's injury-enforced absence.

Zamora has been ruled out for four months after breaking his leg in Fulham's 2-1 win over Wolves which was secured by Dembele's injury-time free-kick.

The £5million summer signing from AZ Alkmaar has impressed since his arrival at Craven Cottage and now has a crucial role to play, with Andy Johnson still several weeks from a first-team return following his battle with a knee injury.

'We hope Moussa can get the goals - there's a big onus on him now that Bobby's gone,' said Cottagers boss Hughes.

'But it's a big ask, you can't just hang a hat on Moussa. He'll get good support from the guys around him and that will help him become the success we think he will be.

'The beauty of Moussa is that he can play in a number of positions. That's the attraction from my point of view because I like players who have that flexibility.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1312289/Moussa-Dembele-goals-Bobby-Zamora-says-Fulham-boss-Mark-Hughes.html?#ixzz0zfjroCVY

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/9/15/1690272/ten-things-i-think-about-fulham?
Ten Things I Think About Fulham Football Club This Week 9/15

Each week I write a post about different thoughts I have about Fulham. There certainly is plenty to write about this week. Fulham got their first victory of the season with a 2-1 win against Wolverhampton at Craven Cottage.This week also saw the terrible injury to Bobby Zamora. I also witnessed a player that I think has star potential in Moussa Dembele. I will be discussing those subjects and many more. Below are my " Ten Things I Think About Fulham Football Club".   

1. Fulham really earned their first victory of the season against Wolverhampton.  Fulham came from behind last Saturday to beat Wolverhampton 2-1 at Craven Cottage. Fulham had much to overcome in this game to get the win. They got behind early in the match 1 - 0. Midway through the first half Bobby Zamora got injured, and needed to be taken off. At the half many teams would not have been able to rally, and overcome the adversity that Fulham had in the first half.

Well, Fulham came out strong in the second half, and got the equalizer early from Moussa Dembele. However, Fulham had to push and grind the rest of the game to try to get the victory. It took until stoppage time for Moussa Dembele to get the game winner on a free kick. Fulham never gave up in this game, and continuously pushed forward. There is no question they earned this victory.

2. Fulham can overcome the Bobby Zamora injury.  Zamora had surgery on his broken leg and probably will not be back until 2011. At first glance you could think Fulham are going to be in trouble. I think it is a setback, but I do believe that Fulham will be able to survive the time that Zamora is out.

Fulham dealt with injuries very well last season. This is a team that is not about one player. Zamora's other teammates I think can make up the difference in scoring in his absence. First, you have the emergence of Moussa Dembele who has already shown the ability to score and set up opportunities for his teammates. Second, Zoltan Gera has shown the ability to be a weapon at striker. Third, Andy Johnson is expected back in a month's time. When healthy Johnson can be a viable option as a potential goal scorer.

I really think Fulham will be fine, and Zamora being out does not change my prediction of a top 7 finish for Fulham.

3. Signing Bobby Zamora to a long term contract is a great move for Fulham.  Fulham continue to lock up some of their best players to long term contracts. Fulham signed Bobby Zamora to a contract that will see him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2014. Fulham will now have a striker who is still in his prime. The future looks bright for the Cottagers.

4. Chris Baird shows again why he is a valuable member of the team. John Pantsil struggled against Wolverhampton in the first half. Mark Hughes made a change in the second half and brought on Chris Baird at right back. He is such a dependable player who can play multiple positions.

He has the ability to play at defender or in the midfield. This flexibility to play at different positions is so valuable for the team.Fulham made a smart move by signing Chris Baird to a long term contract.

5. As predicted the rumors regarding Mark Schwarzer's future continue this week.  According to the Daily Mail Fulham could be interested in Julian Speroni as a potential replacement for Schwarzer this January. The article is suggesting that Arsenal could make a move for Schwarzer in January.

6. What position will Clint Dempsey be playing this week for Fulham?  Clint can play multiple positions for Fulham. He can be featured in the midfield or at striker. I think he is better in the midfield.

The question is where will Mark Hughes put Dempsey this week? Hughes likes to have players that can play multiple positions. I will be curious to see where Dempsey is lined up against Blackburn.

7. I am hoping we see Carlos Salcido this week at left back. I was hoping to see Salcido last week against Wolverhampton. Reportedly he had problems coming back from Mexico from international duty. Stephen Kelly has done a good job at left back, but I don't think he is the solution there. Salcido I have heard great things about, and hope to see him soon playing for Fulham.

8. I can't wait for the return of Andy Johnson.  It has been reported that Andy Johnson could be back playing for Fulham in a month. Fulham need another option at striker, and Johnson I think still has much to offer. With Zamora out for awhile he could be the solution to the issue at striker until Bobby returns in 2011.

9. Moussa Dembele has the potential to be a superstar with Fulham. I really did not know much about him prior to coming to Fulham. In a very short period of time it is obvious when he touches the ball that something good can happen. He has showed the ability to score and also set up his teammates for goal scoring opportunities. He can also play in the midfield and at striker. Fulham could have a player that is about to become a superstar in the sport.

10. Fulham need to get a victory Saturday at Blackburn. I know I think this for every road game, but Fulham desperately need a victory on the road. Blackburn will not be easy, but it is time for Fulham to win on the road. If Fulham have ambitions of a top seven finish they need to win away from the Cottage.

Well, those are my thoughts of the week. I am sure I will have plenty to write about next week.     

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6378191,00.html?
Hughes - Dembele is key
Cottagers admits big onus on Belgian to deliver

Fulham boss Mark Hughes has put his faith in Moussa Dembele to lead the line in Bobby Zamora's injury-enforced absence.

Zamora will miss several months of the season after breaking his leg during the Cottagers' win over Wolves last weekend.

With Andy Johnson still several weeks away from a first-team return from his long-term battle with a knee injury, the £5million summer signing has a crucial role to play at Craven Cottage over the next month.

And Hughes is hoping Dembele, whose injury-time free-kick secured the 2-1 win last time out, will fill the void left by Zamora.

"We hope Moussa can get the goals - there's a big onus on him now that Bobby's gone," said Cottagers boss.

"But it's a big ask, you can't just hang a hat on Moussa. He'll get good support from the guys around him and that will help him become the success we think he will be.

"The beauty of Moussa is that he can play in a number of positions.

"That's the attraction from my point of view because I like players who have that flexibility."

Dikgacoi

Kagisho Dikgacoi is looking for more game time at Fulham as he nears full fitness following yet another injury setback.

The South Africa international, who arrived at Craven Cottage in August 2009, has spent the first weeks of the new season on the sidelines due to a thigh strain.

But the 25-year-old midfielder is hoping to resume full training with Hughes' squad sooner rather than later.

"I am getting better everyday, I am getting treatment everyday, doing weight sessions and some fitness work in the gym," he said.

"I have started rehabilitation work and should start proper training next week sometime."

Dikgacoi has made just a dozen appearances for the Cottagers since joining the club and he wants to improve on that record.

"It's been another bad start for me as I start the season with an injury but I am certain I will recover soon," he said.

"My goal this season is to play more games than I played last season."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213340
Fulham - The Official Player of the Month?
Over on the official web site, we learned that David Stockdale was the unanimous choice as the August Player of the Month.

Stepping into the keeping shoes vacated by the injured Mark Schwarzer, Stockdale seized the opportunity with both hands and only an ankle injury saw him drop out of first team contention, for the time being.

Speaking about his selection as the player of the month, Stockdale admitted he was slightly surprised,

'I'm definitely surprised I won the player of the month award and hopefully now I can get fit and push Mark for his first-team place."

'He's a great goalkeeper so I can't push my luck and I'll cover him until my opportunity comes around again."

Our question to you, is as follows,

Do you agree with the choice or would you have chosen somebody else?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213340#ixzz0zfkqPUqn

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213338
Fulham in New Speroni Link!
The relative uncertainty about the long term future of Mark Schwarzer, at Craven Cottage, continues to intrigue the rumour mongers.

Schwarzer, whose bitter disappointment at seeing a move to Arsenal stall, in the recent transfer window, and who has, reportedly, decided to seek pastures new when his contract expires next summer, continues to give the club cause for concern with regards to goalkeeping cover.

Today the name of the Crystal Palace keeper, Julian Speroni, rears its head again in the gossip columns with it being suggested that he`ll be arriving at Craven Cottage, shortly, in a cut price deal.

It, as usual, remains to be seen whether there is any truth in this rumour but the skeptics might say there`s no smoke without fire!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213338#ixzz0zfl1nkZ1

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213339
Fulham - Stockdale Injury Latest!
Having reached the stars in a remarkably swift period of time, going from Plymouth to potential England squad member in the space of three Premier League appearances, it`s no wonder that David Stockdale is keen to get back from injury as quick as possible.

Stockdale, who injured an ankle in the Blackpool fixture, an injury that saw him miss out on a dream involvement with England, is hoping to be back in contention for a place in the squad for the Everton game and has remarked,

'The injury is a lot better and we're hoping I'll be back in full training in 10 days time.'

'I'm aiming to be back on the bench for the Everton game."

'I waited two years for my chance to come so it was really disappointing to get injured but the fans know they've got someone behind Mark now."

'I got injured after 60 minutes against Blackpool but I didn't want to come off. It was mentally tough out there with the injury but I just wanted to carry on and show determination.'

'Unfortunately it's meant I've had to sit out a few games but they said it would have been about the same time if I'd come off anyway.'

It`ll be interesting to see who Mark Hughes refers when Stockdale and Schwarzer are both 100 per cent fit.

Does he go with the younger keeper who could be the future of goalkeeping at Craven Cottage, or does he plump for the, reportedly, disgruntled Australian veteran?

What`s your opinion?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213339#ixzz0zflH7loM

WhiteJC

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/xi-topple-fulham-150910.html?
XI topple Fulham
15 September 2010

A strong Spurs XI team beat Fulham 3-0 in a friendly at Spurs Lodge on Wednesday.

Robbie Keane opened the scoring early from the penalty spot and it took until the 82nd minute for Roman Pavlyuchenko to double the lead from 25 yards.

Harry Kane was then upended in the penalty area in the last minute and picked himself up to slot home from the spot for the final 3-0 scoreline.

Keane started up front with Giovani and coach Tim Sherwood switched the front two for the second half with Pavlyuchenko partnering in-form youngster Kane.

Stipe Pletikosa, Alan Hutton, Kyle Naughton, Sebatien Bassong, Sandro, David Bentley and Niko Kranjcar all started.

Sandro played the full 90 minutes and it's also worth noting that young defender Steven Caulker, outstanding on loan at Yeovil last season, played 70 minutes on his return from injury.

Tim said: "We had a lot of experienced players out there and sometimes these friendly matches are all about their fitness.

"It was good to see Sandro play 90 minutes and Steven Caulker made his comeback. He was told to take it easy and therefore only played the 70 minutes.

"It was another good test and the players should all have got something out of it."

Spurs XI: Pletikosa, Hutton (Byrne, 46), Naughton, Livermore, Bassong, Caulker (Durojaiye, 70), Bentley, Sandro, Giovani (Kane, 46), Keane (Pavlyuchenko, 46), Kranjcar (Luongo, 78).

WhiteJC

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1151/8/johnson-set-fulham-return?
Johnson set for Fulham return

Fulham striker Andrew Johnson should be fit to return to action for the trip to West Ham on October 2.

The former Everton star has been sidelined since January with a knee injury.

And with Bobby Zamora now out for at least four months after breaking his leg against Wolves last weekend, Mark Hughes will be desperate to have the £10.5m frontman back in action.

"Obviously he's not going to be available for at least three weeks I would think," said Hughes.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/154044/Fulham-s-Rafik-Halliche-will-put-London-club-on-the-map-in-Algeria/?
FULHAM'S RAFIK HALLICHE WILL PUT LONDON CLUB ON THE MAP IN ALGERIA

RAFIK HALLICHE aims to turn 35 million Algerians into Fulham fans by breaking up the club's long-standing defensive partnership.

The £2m summer signing from Benfica is desperate to force his way into the side despite having Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes in front of him.

Halliche starred for Algeria as they held England to a goalless draw at the World Cup and claims the whole country could soon be supporting Fulham.

The centre-half said: "I knew that signing for Fulham, there would be growing interest from Algeria in the club.

"Fans that follow me for the national team will be following the progress of Fulham and will be keen to see how I am getting on.

"I did expect this, but at the same time it gives me a lot of pleasure to hear that people in Algeria are starting to show more of an interest in Fulham.

"This is something which can only benefit me and the club.

"The objective of every player is to be part of the first eleven and to play regularly.

"It won't be easy to be a regular starter with two good central defenders here who are captains of their national sides and the experience they both have.

"But I'm here to try to make a mark and earn a place in the team.

"I'm just waiting for my chance to prove that I'm also worthy of a regular spot."

Halliche, 24, played every minute of every match for his country in South Africa, with Algeria conceding only two goals in three group stage matches.

"It has been quite a year," he said. "The experience gained playing in the African Nations Cup and World Cup for my country and domestic and European matches for my club side have served me well in terms of improving me as a player.

"I spoke to some of my team-mates from my national team about playing in the Premier League, like Hassan Yebda and Nadir Belhadj, the last time we all met up for international duty.

"They gave me some advice on what to expect in the Premier League."

WhiteJC

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sacked-Portugal-boss-Carlos-Queiroz-is-eyeing-up-a-Premier-League-return-and-says-Fulham-made-him-an-offer-article580413.html
Queiroz: Fulham wanted me to replace Hodgson

Carlos Queiroz has set his sights on a return to the Premier League after being sacked by Portugal.

The former Manchester United number two and Real Madrid boss says he has had offers to take charge of Japan and Australia while he also claimed there was a post available at Fulham.

Queiroz, sacked by Portugal after bad results and suspended for tampering with drug testing procedures during the World Cup, said on Portugese station RTP: "I had some good times in England and maybe there is an opening there, but not at Manchester United.

"I have had offers from Australia, Japan and Fulham, but I'm not preoccupied with my next job. I will wait until the right project is available."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sacked-Portugal-boss-Carlos-Queiroz-is-eyeing-up-a-Premier-League-return-and-says-Fulham-made-him-an-offer-article580413.html#ixzz0zfn7ruXC

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6379215,00.html?
Halliche keen to raise profile
Algerian centre-half keen to make his mark at Craven Cottage

Rafik Halliche is determined to force his way into the Fulham side and raise the club's profile in Algeria.

The 24-year-old, who played every minute of his country's 2010 World Cup campaign, moved to Craven Cottage in a £2million switch from Benfica this summer.

He was snapped up to help provide competition for places, with Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes the recognised centre-half pairing under Mark Hughes.
Halliche, though, is hoping he can be more than just a bit-part player this season, with his arrival in England causing quite a stir back in his homeland.

"I knew that signing for Fulham, there would be growing interest from Algeria in the club," he said in the Daily Star.

"Fans that follow me for the national team will be following the progress of Fulham and will be keen to see how I am getting on.

"I did expect this, but at the same time it gives me a lot of pleasure to hear that people in Algeria are starting to show more of an interest in Fulham.

"This is something which can only benefit me and the club.

Objective

"The objective of every player is to be part of the first XI and to play regularly.

"It won't be easy to be a regular starter with two good central defenders here who are captains of their national sides and the experience they both have.

"But I'm here to try to make a mark and earn a place in the team.

"I'm just waiting for my chance to prove that I'm also worthy of a regular spot."

Halliche is confident he can cope with the demands of life in the Premier League, having already turned out at the highest level for club and country.

He added: "The experience gained playing in the African Nations Cup and World Cup for my country and domestic and European matches for my club side have served me well in terms of improving me as a player.

"I spoke to some of my team-mates from my national team about playing in the Premier League, like Hassan Yebda and Nadir Belhadj, the last time we all met up for international duty.

"They gave me some advice on what to expect in the Premier League."

WhiteJC

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/dembele-to-get-the-call-1098027.html?
Dembele to get the call

Mark Hughes is pinning his faith in Moussa Dembele who will lead the line in the absence of the injured Bobby Zamora.

The England striker will miss a significant portion of the season after breaking his leg last weekend and Andy Johnson is also a few weeks away from fitness so the emphasis is on Dembele.

"We hope Moussa can get the goals - there's a big onus on him now that Bobby's gone," said Cottagers boss.

"But it's a big ask, you can't just hang a hat on Moussa. He'll get good support from the guys around him and that will help him become the success we think he will be.

"The beauty of Moussa is that he can play in a number of positions.

"That's the attraction from my point of view because I like players who have that flexibility."

WhiteJC

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2010/09/fulham_mix_with_movers_and_sha.php?
Fulham mix with Movers and Shakers
Posted by Phil Mison 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
That two week break from league duty already seems light years away. With the spotlight firmly back on domestic action, Fulham these days are rarely out of the headlines.

Unless you've gone native up the Amazon, it's been near impossible to ignore Fulham press coverage over the past week. Most of it positive and only serving to underline how our club stock continues to rise.

The episodic path to the Europe League final has much to do with FFC's elevated status, but it would have been all too easy to lose that momentum, especially with Roy's departure. Not only does the feel good factor around the club remain, we are if anything currently getting a better press than Liverpool. We're certainly riding higher than the Reds in the league!

Examine the facts. Five games unbeaten, United given an almighty scare, new signings exhibiting much promise, two players only deprived through injury of being drafted into the England squad. Late goals in our last three league games after fate and poor refereeing threatened to kick us in the teeth bear testament to team spirit out on the pitch, with every sign Hughes has already had a major impact on the side.

The run of positive press began last week with this. As a result of our success in the Europa League last season, the club were invited into the elite European Clubs Association. At the ECA congress Fulham became the 10th Premier League club to acquire membership alongside this season's Champions League contingent, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Newcastle United, Manchester City and Everton.

Following on we've seen Zamora, Etuhu and Baird all pen new long term contracts. David Stockdale voted Player of the Month, while every Whites player on recent international duty returned with distinction. Captaining Norway Brede headed a typically gutsy goal v Iceland, Pantsil took the armband for the first time with Ghana, Mark had a shut-out with Australia and Moussa was man-of-the-match for Belgium in their unlucky loss to Germany, where his dribbling 'caused all sorts of problems' say reports.

Headlines from the Wolves win were naturally big with the news of Bobby's tough break. But Hughes and the club moved quickly to quell any feud from the challenge. Yes, the league have now hit Wolves with a £75,000 fine for a mass of bookings and a red card from their last two games, and the fans have had their say on all the forums. But the all important factor is how the players reacted on the pitch to the sight of Bobby's broken leg and got on with playing their game of fluent football despite Wolves muscular approach and constant fouling.

Sure it's a major downer to be doing without Bobby long term at a time he was playing the best football of his career, but close to match action after injury we now have Duff, AJ, Kamara and Dikgacoi all waiting in the wings, with Salcido, Della Valle and Halliche yet to take a bow.

All things considered, there's plenty going the rounds to make one puff out the club crest on our replica shirts at present. These are great times to be following the Fulham, as our growing network of overseas fan clubs proves (Welcome to you all).

And talking of shirts, I'm still trying to get my head round the spray-on kit story. One poster's already suggested this would only lead to players getting tugged by the shorts...What is the game coming to???

WhiteJC

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8394953.Blackburn_s_Samba__It_s_a_must_win_against_Fulham/?ref=rss
Blackburn's Samba: It's a must-win against Fulham

CHRIS Samba has warned his Blackburn Rovers team mates 'don't waste all of our hard work' as they look to make it a miserable Ewood Park return for Mark Hughes.

The former Rovers boss brings his Fulham side to East Lancashire on Saturday, with skipper Samba stressing the importance of building on the weekend's battling draw with Premier League big-spenders Manchester City.

Samba and company produced a Herculean defensive effort to hold City to a 1-1 draw at the City of Manchester Stadium but the giant defender insists it will all have been for nothing if they fail to defeat the Cottagers on Saturday.

Work is continuing behind the scenes on the potential sale of the club, with front runner Ahsan Ali Syed expected to send some presence to Ewood soon for further talks.

The Indian tycoon is understood to be happy with the progress he is making in his bid to take control of Rovers but the Lancashire Telegraph understands at least one other unnamed bidder, also believed to be from India, has progressed in their own investigations into Rovers' financial situation.

While the race for the club continues to hot up off the pitch though, players and staff are determined to keep their minds on their Premier League challenge.

Samba said: "The only way that draw against Manchester City can be a good point is if we get three points against Fulham. That is the only way we can make that point worthwhile.

"It is no time to waste any point. If you make mistakes you get punished and the less mistakes you make the more games you win. We have to continue to be winners and to put points on the board whatever it takes.

"For us performances are not enough. Other people outside the club say we are a good team and are playing well. It is not about performances, it is about your position in the table and how many points you get."

Michel Salgado, David Dunn and Ryan Nelsen will all be hoping to shake off injuries in time for Fulham's Ewood visit, with Samba backing Nikola Kalinic to continue his good start to the season.

The Croatian striker. who cost £6million at the start of last season, has bagged two goals already this campaign after taking a while to adjust in his debut season last time round.

Samba said: "When he arrived he had a really difficult time but for the last part of the season we started seeing his quality. Now we know how to use, how to play with him and how to help him getting more goals and to improve himself.

"I think this season we will see a better Niko Kalinic. He is better suited to the Premier League now and he is more integrated into a system that he knows now.

"It was all about the integration for him. It is not easy when you come into the Premier League from another league. We see a lot of big strikers who can't do it here. He just needed a little bit of time.

"People do forget he is still only young. Maybe some thought because we spent six million pounds he was going to get 20 goals straight away. They forget he was only 20 years old.

"I think he can definitely be a big hit for Blackburn. We see him every day in training."

WhiteJC

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsene-Wenger-tries-to-influence-referees-ahead-of-Arsenal-games-to-protect-his-players-claims-Blackburn-boss-Sam-Allardyce-article581095.html
Arsene Wenger tries to influence referees ahead of Arsenal games, claims Sam Allardyce

Sam Allardyce has accused Arsene Wenger of trying to influence referees to try and make Arsenal players untouchable.

The Gunners manager has again criticised heavy challenges on his players following an injury to Abou Diaby and hinted that some opponents have no intention of winning the ball.

Blackburn boss Allardyce, who has often clashed with Wenger in the past over his teams' style of play, said the Frenchman had almost succeeded in influencing match officials.

Allardyce said: "Arsene has most of the media in his pocket now and is almost - almost - affecting the officials so that you can't tackle an Arsenal player.

"That's something he's very clever at working on and it's almost working in his favour, you can see that.

"Read his interview before the Stoke City v Aston Villa match, what he said and how he said it - he's a very, very clever man in terms of influencing referees, officials and everybody in football.

"He can't be brought up for it because it's about another match - rather just before he plays us.

"There is a perception that we kick everybody and Arsenal's motivation is that you can't tackle us as you aren't supposed to.

"In terms of saying people are trying to injure players he's trying to influence, through the media, the referees and that's something they shouldn't get sucked in to."

Allardyce insisted that although football remained a contact sport, the days of players trying to injure opponents was long gone.

He added: "He's deflecting attention from the situation which says the game of football is a contact sport. You have to try to win the ball at all costs and if someone doesn't get it quite right people get injured.

"It was much more apparent in my day when people use to go out to try to hurt an opponent every week, but today it very rarely happens.

"I completely deny that my team deliberately injures players, certainly not. In the Premier League the commitment and speed unfortunately brings players together at such pace that it's almost impossible to avoid injuries."

Allardyce's teams have been criticised by Wenger in the past for their physical approach but he said the "fear factor" he hopes to instil is much more about dominating with the ball.

The Blackburn manager added: "We don't do what everybody says we do and kick everybody, we don't do it.

"You are associating fear with bullying, but it's not that, it's about the dominance of the team.

"The fear factor at Old Trafford is about Man United getting the ball and making life very, very difficult for you - that's the fear factor I'm talking about.

"When you play the big boys you have to make sure what you do out of possession is giving you a chance to expose them when get possession, as we did with Arsenal."

Blackburn face ex-manager Mark Hughes' Fulham side on Saturday with injury doubts remaining over Ryan Nelsen and Michel Salgado, who both limped off during the 1-1 draw with Manchester City.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsene-Wenger-tries-to-influence-referees-ahead-of-Arsenal-games-to-protect-his-players-claims-Blackburn-boss-Sam-Allardyce-article581095.html#ixzz0zhLbL3uZ

WhiteJC

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/16/bobby-zamora-fulham-injury?
Fulham's Bobby Zamora will miss five months with broken leg
• Striker broke fibula in 2-1 win over Wolves last Saturday
• Operation revealed he had also damaged ankle ligament

Bobby Zamora will be out for five months after undergoing surgery on the broken fibula he sustained in Fulham's 2-1 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers last Saturday.

It was initially thought the 29-year-old would be sidelined for three months, but he must now wait until February at the earliest for his return after the operation also revealed ankle ligament damage.

"Bobby will now be in bed with his leg elevated for two weeks. The operation showed ligament damage so we're probably now looking at five months," said Mark Hughes, the Fulham manager. "We want to help Bobby get back quickly and there are no concerns over his ability to get back to the level he was before he got injured."

Zamora suffered the injury midway through the first half of Saturday's win. He thumped the ground in pain and was administered oxygen before being taken to hospital where it was confirmed that he had suffered a fracture four centimetres above his right ankle.

It was cruel timing as Zamora had made his debut for England the previous month. With Andy Johnson still several weeks away from a first-team return, Fulham must now rely on new signing Moussa Dembélé, who scored twice against Wolves, to lead their attack.

WhiteJC

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/09/16/win-stoke-v-fulham-tickets-82029-27282893/?
Win Stoke v Fulham tickets!
FANCY watching Fulham's Carling Cup clash at Stoke for FREE?
We have teamed up with Britannia, principal partner of Stoke City FC, to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets for this Tuesday's game at the Britannia stadium.

To stand a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
Where do Stoke play their home games?

To enter, go to our Facebook page, click 'like' and post your answer underneath the question.
The closing date is midday Sunday. The winner will be notified within 24 hours.

Now in its 14th year as the official sponsor of Stoke City FC, Britannia is proud of its history with the club. Over the years, Britannia has presented Stoke City FC with over £7million, in annual cash bonuses through its 'Save and Support' savings accounts.

With 18,000 account holders, it has contributed over £7 million in commission back to the club since it began in 1997, which the club has used to fund many worthwhile projects.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/16/arsenal-target-mark-schwarzer-set-for-fulham-talks-82029-27283178/?
Arsenal target Mark Schwarzer set for Fulham talks

FULHAM are going to try and persuade Mark Schwarzer to change his mind and stay at the club.

In the three months manager Mark Hughes at his disposal before the transfer window opens again, he will attempt to make the Aussie keeper rethink a supposed move abroad at the end of the season.

Schwarzer made his season's debut last week in the 2-1 win over Wolves, and resumes between the sticks when his team take on Blackburn away Saturday.

And the Whites boss insists money can't buy his number one shot-stopper – even if the club lose out on a fee in January when he becomes a free agent.

The keeper was apparently livid that he was denied a move to Arsenal in the summer when the clubs were unable to agree a fee for the 37-year-old.

But Hughes will do all he can to persuade the World Cup international to stay at Craven Cottage.

He said: "We weren't and aren't prepared to take money for Mark – he's too important for that.

"And I've made it known to him that I want to him to stay here. If he agrees, that would be ideal."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/16/arsenal-target-mark-schwarzer-set-for-fulham-talks-82029-27283178/?#ixzz0zhwgebjn

WhiteJC

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/09/16/blackburn-rovers-v-fulham-64767-27283283/?
Blackburn Rovers v Fulham

FULHAM are hoping midfielder Damien Duff has recovered from injury after two 'tentative' training sessions this week.

The Republic Of Ireland international missed out his country's European Championship matches the week before last with a calf problem – but his Fulham boss reckons he will be on the bus to Blackburn for Saturday's match.

Mark Hughes said: "He came through two tentative training sessions this week, and we are hopeful he will be available for the game."

Fulham will go looking for their first away win in over a year, with Hughes hoping there will be many happy returns for the former Rovers boss.

He said: "Our away form is not good, but were solid and played well at Bolton in the first match of the season – and I think we can build on that."

Apart from the long term injuries to Bobby Zamora, David Stockdale and Andy Johnson, central defender Rafik Halliche has a groin problem, and rated as no better than '50-50' by his manager.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/AdultMembership.aspx?
Secure your seats!

With our biggest games selling out fast, Membership is the only way to guarantee your seats for the big games this season! The 2009/10 season saw more sell-outs at the Cottage than ever before and many of our matches didn't reach general sale, making a Fulham membership a must for supporters without Season Tickets.

Members will receive some great new benefits, at no extra cost, including

£10 off match tickets for designated games throughout 2010/11
have a guaranteed number of seats held for all home league matches
automatically be included in the Club's new ticketing Loyalty Points Scheme.
This will allow you gain access to those hard-to-get tickets, awarding you with points for every game that you attend!

Join Fulham Members' Club

Special Members Offer

Fulham v Wigan Athletic – Saturday 30th October (Kick-Off 3pm) – 5 Loyalty Points

Claim £10 off your ticket for our home match against Wigan.*

Book tickets for Fulham v Wigan

Take advantage of these great offers join the Fulham Members' Club now on 0870 442 1221 (option 2) or visit fulhamfc.com/membership for more information.

*Offer valid until 23 October 2010

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/AdultMembership.aspx?#ixzz0zhxbIujU