watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Just watched Sheffield United beat Leeds away 1-2

Started by The Swan, October 27, 2017, 09:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Sheffield were by far the better team. Played good attacking football throughout the match.
I believe that they are top of the Championship now. A team to watch.
The Swan

Jonaldiniho 88

I have a nasty feeling they would both turn us over. If we play as well as we can it won't be the case

J.Perkins

You wonder why I demand more from Jokanovic. Sheff Utd don't have quality near our level. Yet look at the points difference.

HatterDon

Their Yank CB is younger and stronger than our Yank CB.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: HatterDon on October 28, 2017, 02:12:50 AM
Their Yank CB is younger and stronger than our Yank CB.

Yeaaaah but our dad's are bigger than their dad's!

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on October 27, 2017, 10:52:07 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on October 27, 2017, 10:39:30 PM
You wonder why I demand more from Jokanovic. Sheff Utd don't have quality near our level. Yet look at the points difference.

If Sheffield United now drop to 6th, will you start saying their manager is under-performing, since they were higher at one point previously? That is your reasoning with Joka isn't it?

Well, Sheff Utd didn't expect to be 6th either, so no. Their manager is vastly overperforming with the squad at his disposal.

On a separate point, why are you content with our manager underperforming?

res

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 27, 2017, 10:11:47 PM
I have a nasty feeling they would both turn us over. If we play as well as we can it won't be the case

We've already drawn at Leeds (0-0) this season so not quite true...however, Sheffield Utd's style of play would give us loads of problems as they would give all other teams in the Championship given how they are playing at the moment.

Fulham Tup North

0001.gif.  I think it is easy to say someone is 'under-performing' when our clearly best player from last season, TC, has hardly played! He dominates midfield and sets up so much of the good work we do. Not good that we could be called a one-man team, but look at Spurs today v Man Utd. No Harry Kane and now everyone expects Utd to win!
In 5 days we could be six points better offs and in a play-off place. Small margins!
049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 27, 2017, 10:39:30 PM

And yet our performances are roughly similar and running parallel to last season.  You do not win the Championship in October.

filham

There are  a number of good teams above us in the Championship who we are looking upon as just physical outfits with less skill than Fulham. Time we took a good look at the table and asked ourselves the question why they are up there and how we are going to beat them.

filham

Also it should be noted that last season's three play off teams that missed out on promotion are not doing too well.
Fulham        10th position
Wednesday  16th position
Reading        20th position

Aluko cannot be too happy at Reading, I wonder if he would like a change of club in the January window.

Woolly Mammoth

Until we change our recruitment policy, offload the two Wooden Tops and their computers, and start operating and acting like a club that is ambitious, then we ain't going anywhere. Our spending level is comparatively poor also for a so called ambitious club. 
If Jok ever leaves along with Tom and Sess and others at the end of the season because we are run by amateurs, then I know for sure that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
If the club are serious about promotion this season, then the January Window is their last chance saloon.
I hope I am wrong, but I do not think we have the right kind of players to mount a promotion charge at the moment, as we have been overtaken by some clubs, due to our mediocre and calamitous Summer transfer window.
Of course all this could change, if we won our next three matches before the International Break, and the next Seven days could be crucial.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

One thing not mentioned is momentum. They have just come up a day have continued that form. Winning is great habit to get into, just as losing is a terrible one and relegated clubs struggle.
Good on them, but it doesn't mean that their  way is the right way.
I remember early in in season many going on about how great Ipswich were doing and how we should copy them. I asked for £100 best and no one took me up on it.
There is a good chance Utd will be top six come end of season because of pts banked, but it's not done and dusted by a long way.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

There is no right or wrong way. It's a simple game, and the objective is to score more goals than the opponents. It's that simple. It's complicated by pundits and coaches who are just looking to protect their own jobs.
Because each club has different financial resources, they have to cut their cloth.
Hence the reason for example, why smaller less well off clubs will concentrate on set pieces far more in training as they feel they will not have as many opportunities to score, and a well drilled set piece gives them more chance.  As far as I am concerned all clubs should have that in their repatoiur.
Nevertheless there is more than one way to skin a cat.
As this Division is an unforgiving jungle, for me the best policy is to gain promotion any way you can. As there are no prisoners taken, and the prize is hundreds of thousands of English Pounds, and it's naive to think otherwise.
Because once you get there, then you can change your policy to play the beautiful game as we would like, just get there first.
Horses for courses.

Never forget your Roots.

bog

As with MJD a lot of this is down to momentum an we would like some. But their manager is very underrated. I recall back in the 60's and 70's they were one of our bogey side. Birchenall and Jones used to cause havoc....

092.gif 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on October 28, 2017, 01:22:08 PM
As with MJD a lot of this is down to momentum an we would like some. But their manager is very underrated. I recall back in the 60's and 70's they were one of our bogey side. Birchenall and Jones used to cause havoc....

092.gif 

Now Kline and Khan junior are causing a different kind of havoc.

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

I'm sorry, where is this good football. Pathetic performance, 100% down to the manager.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.