watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How do explain a problem like Fulham?

Started by Peabody, November 01, 2017, 10:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Truthfully, I don't know, all I know is form is temporary and this is our really bad spell. Not yet saying what the future holds but last night was truly awful.nSmall consolation I know but I know but it is nearly twenty years ago, in 1997 when we last beat Bristol City At home. True, we haven't played them many times but hey, I am clutching at straws.

One last thing, sometime ago, The Reading where in the bottom three at Christmas and were eventually promoted to the Premiership.

There, hats my straw clutching done.

Slaphead in Qatar

We are missing aluko and malone big time.

And fonte and kamara have been poor.

And cairney has been largely injured.

Worried about Friday - I think we will get a bloody good hiding.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Peabody on November 01, 2017, 10:40:21 AM
Truthfully, I don't know, all I know is form is temporary and this is our really bad spell. Not yet saying what the future holds but last night was truly awful.nSmall consolation I know but I know but it is nearly twenty years ago, in 1997 when we last beat Bristol City At home. True, we haven't played them many times but hey, I am clutching at straws.

One last thing, sometime ago, The Reading where in the bottom three at Christmas and were eventually promoted to the Premiership.

That's the last straw, it's like trying to find a strand of straw in a stack of needles.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 01, 2017, 10:52:18 AM
Quote from: Peabody on November 01, 2017, 10:40:21 AM

That's the last straw, it's like trying to find a strand of straw in a stack of needles.

I take your point Woolly

RaySmith

The dividing line between success and failure can be very thin, especially I the Championship, where most teams are similar in ability and fitness, and they are all fiercely competitive - it's dog eat dog.

Fulham had the momentum last year, their slick passing  play was admired and brought them success, but the team has been disrupted through injury to key players, and new arrivals who are finding it hard to fit in, and we have lost that momentum- all the defects in our play,  that didn't matter so much when we were winning, are suddenly very apparent.

Possession with no attacking bite and not scoring, or even creating many chances, and  terrible defending - far too open and without lack of cover at the back. Then we go a goal down, and things go from bad to worse.

I wonder what Roy would say to our defending- him who sets so much importance to being solid at the back, that Hangeland was his first signing when he got here.

But, we have to hope that Slavisa and the team can turn it round, beginning Friday night- and at least give a battling performance
COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

Into the breach on Friday then, massive under dogs may suit us.
But has Slav and the players for that matter have the desire appetite, hunger and courage to fight their way out of this crisis, because it has now become a crisis, and doubt is now circuling Joks ability to arrest the slide.
Will he and the team come out of the blocks on Friday with both guns blazing, buy a goal from somewhere, and at the same time keep a clean sheet and show some Bolox.
I can stomach glorious defeat, and if we go down fighting to the last man, then so be it.
What I can't abide is lack of urgency, lack of supporting the man on the ball, lack of true leadership from the manager and the Captain, lack of grit, no heart beat.
If a player is having a poor game, he can still run around, not hide.
So my message to the team is to use last nights defeat and criticism and dissapointment as a strength to bounce back quickly and motivate themselves and each other.
I wish I could be in that dressing room to say that and other important advice and encouragement, because they would run threw a brick wall for me and come out fighting on the other side.
Because to me Joks demeanour is sending them asleep. 

Never forget your Roots.

filham

We were really poor last night but then lump the last  four matches together (3 three at the Cottage) and it is clear that we have become a consistently poor team.

This is going to be difficult to turn around.

Woolly Mammoth

But that's the challenge, it has to be turned around one way or another. But it starts from the top, they have to take responsibility. As do the players. They are all in it together.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

To carry on the proverbs, 'it never rains but it pours'.  We are in a bad spell where everything that could conspire against us, has done and willl, hence the poor home form, injuries, newbies not gelling-in and now Kamara's likely suspension.  But Friday is a different game away from home and a chance to prove it has been just a bad spell, where everybody involved has not faced up to their task, or, at least, has not made the necessary changes to themselves or to others to turn things around and make things happen for us all.

I am still going to remain positive.  You sometimes need a kick in the ass to wake you up, and, hopefully, last night will be the turning point.  Good players like good coaches do not suddenly become bad and it will not be first time a team has turned things around in just a few short days.   We are still in the hunt for honours this season and until we are not I am not going to panic.  But I would still like our recruitment team, thankfully without Kline, to start working right now for what we need in January to give us a much easier passage to achieving what we saw last season.   No panic buys but just low risk purchases that can get us to where we all want to be.