watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR LISTENING TO ULTRAVOZ

Started by TheDaddy, September 17, 2010, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Tibbs

Apology absolutely not needed Skasie.  Wow, I just remembered that Shudupayouface is the song that kept Vienna off the number one slot. That's weird, as it wasn't in my mind when I posted earlier!!

Quote from: mrska on September 17, 2010, 09:58:39 AM
Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 17, 2010, 09:16:29 AM
Ah shuddupayouface!!

I knew that - I was just carrying on the the 80s thing - while being philosophical/depressing!

Oh, and good morning, Mr S.

Quote from: mrska on September 17, 2010, 09:10:02 AM
Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 17, 2010, 08:33:09 AM
We fade to grey.
Visage..
Im sorry  its an annoying habit of mine.. thinking i know everything about 80's music..  i apologise...  and good morning mr t..

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 17, 2010, 01:03:28 PM

Ooh you're good! Almost as good as me in fact.

I can see that I'm going to have to up the stakes a little here:

Which actor appeared in the video for the Pet Shop Boys cover "Always on my mind"?

"Diplomatic Immunity", Joss Ackland

Who "should've known better" in 1984?

Jim Diamond

Why the hell did Terry, Neville and Lynval start up 'Fun Boy Three'?

Had no idea on this one, so I had to look it up, integrate Black & White people?

Chris - you're not sorry, you always bloody do it to me! ;)

The Equalizer

Ridgey - well done mate. The music video for 'Always on my mind' was taken from the film that the Pet Shop Boys did in 1987 called "It Couldn't Happen Here" and is one of the weirdest and most pointless films I've ever had the pleasure to see.

It also starred Barbara Windsor and everyone's favourite coffee bean shaker, Gareth Hunt. Joss Ackland played a serial killer, gods only knows why he didn't top them two while he was in the back of their car?

Fun Boy Three was formed by three members of Skasie's favourite band - The Specials. They went from greatness to not-so-greatness. I think it was a purely tongue in cheek effort though, in all of the lively and bouncy videos that they did, Terry Hall had the most deadpan expression on his face.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Jimpav

Quote from: TheDaddy on September 17, 2010, 12:28:51 AM
It means nothing to me ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh vienna.

Was this song written with Martin O'Neill/villa in mind?

Logicalman

OK then Mr EQ and Mr Ska, the tie-breaker.

Earlier on was mentioned the song 'Convoy' one we all remember (well - those of us that were breathing at the time I guess), but here is a 3 part tie-breaker, first of you two to answer all three parts correctly, wins it ....

1. What was the British version of the song?

2. What was the name of the group?

3. Who were the performers (two names at least will suffice)?

mrska

Quote from: Logicalman on September 18, 2010, 02:30:37 AM
OK then Mr EQ and Mr Ska, the tie-breaker.

Earlier on was mentioned the song 'Convoy' one we all remember (well - those of us that were breathing at the time I guess), but here is a 3 part tie-breaker, first of you two to answer all three parts correctly, wins it ....

1. What was the British version of the song? Convoy Gb

2. What was the name of the group? Laurie Lingo and the dipsticks

3. Who were the performers (two names at least will suffice)? Dave Lee Travis and Paul Burnett

Logicalman

I take my hat off you you young Mr Ska, Sir. Very well done.  :Sparkyticus:  I even have a copy of that single (cringe-worthy)  :002:

Logicalman

OK then Mr Ska, just for kicks:

1. What were the names of the brothers who claimed the town wasn't big enough in the early 70's?
2. Who were the first band to sign and release under the record label launched by Led Zeppelin in 1974, and what was that label?
3. Bad Company were formed from the ashes of another British group, what was their name and the name of their lead guitarist?

If 3 was too easy, then this should get the gray matter working overtime:  What link does the group in 3 (above) have with a TV program broadcast on Sunday evenings in the UK in the late 70s

mrska

Quote from: Logicalman on September 18, 2010, 10:18:26 AM

1. What were the names of the brothers who claimed the town wasn't big enough in the early 70's?
2. Who were the first band to sign and release under the record label launched by Led Zeppelin in 1974, and what was that label?
3. Bad Company were formed from the ashes of another British group, what was their name and the name of their lead guitarist?

If 3 was too easy, then this should get the gray matter working overtime:  What link does the group in 3 (above) have with a TV program broadcast on Sunday evenings in the UK in the late 70s

1. Sparks  Russell and Ron Male

2. havent a clue

3.Free and Mott the Hoople

4 no idea mate  I was only 11 at the end of the 70's so its abit before my era

Terry Tibbs

I'm pretty sure Zep's label was 'Swansong'.  A total guess for the first artist is Maggie Bell (she's the only other act I can think of who was on Swansong, apart from the great ones themselves)

Quote from: mrska on September 18, 2010, 10:24:38 AM

2. havent a clue

mrska

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 18, 2010, 11:32:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Zep's label was 'Swansong'.  A total guess for the first artist is Maggie Bell (she's the only other act I can think of who was on Swansong, apart from the great ones themselves)

Quote from: mrska on September 18, 2010, 10:24:38 AM

2. havent a clue

Dave Edmunds and Rockpile were on Swansong...

Terry Tibbs

Afternoon, Skasie.  I just Googled this and Sad Cafe were also on Swansong!! (Remember them?)

Also, on one American tour, Zep's head of security was a certain John Bindon!! (I bet no gear went missing on that trip!)

mrska

Yes Terry..  Every Day Hurts  etc...

John Bindon was born in Fulham.. and is described as an 'all round good geezer...'

Terry Tibbs

Oh yes, I know of Mr Bindon!

A few of the chaps who played in my brother's footie team knew John Bindon - and were VERY wary of him.  Good documentary on him and his 'friendship' with Princess Margaret CH4 show from time to time (including the famous pint pot party trick!)

Quote from: mrska on September 18, 2010, 01:24:11 PM
Yes Terry..  Every Day Hurts  etc...

John Bindon was born in Fulham.. and is described as an 'all round good geezer...'

mrska

Yeah i never saw that..  he was a real character !  Also played a drug dealer in Quadrophenia.. my favouirite ever film.

Terry Tibbs

VERY heavy character.  They say (allegedly etc. etc.) that the Krays used him for some of their dirty work in South West London.

I would have given him a very wide berth and plenty of respect!!

He was also in Performance (remember that...with Mick Jagger?).

Anyway, I won't say any more, as there may well be folk on here who knew Mr B!!

And as I type, Stoke have equalised against Wet Spam!!

Quote from: mrska on September 18, 2010, 01:46:34 PM
Yeah i never saw that..  he was a real character !  Also played a drug dealer in Quadrophenia.. my favouirite ever film.

Logicalman

If 3 was too easy, then this should get the gray matter working overtime:  What link does the group in 3 (above) have with a TV program broadcast on Sunday evenings in the UK in the late 70s

1. the brothers Mael was right (Sparks)
2. Pretty Things signed up and released Silk Torpedo
3. Bad Company originated from Free. Paul Kossoff was the lead guitarist but died from drugs after creating Back Street Crawler (btw, the lead guitarist for Bad Company came from Mott The Hoople)

After Paul's death, his father, David Kossoff, went on a road tour speaking of Paul's life and death and speaking out against drugs. This was broadcast on BBC on Sunday evenings.

blingo

Can honestly say that Johnny Bindon was alright once you got to know him. Would try to bully you, but if you stood up for yourself he would respect that and leave you alone.