watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

co-opted email

Started by YankeeJim, September 17, 2010, 02:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Last night everyone in my address book was sent an email supposedly from me, saying I was stranded in London & needed $2250 to get home.
Has anyone else experienced this? I bring it up on this site since I haven't been on any other English website this week and last week I was in Mexico so something happened in the last few days. Any guidance from the wise ones here at FOF?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

So I guess FOF is denying responsibility. I didn't think it could have come from here. However, someone could have sent some money.  :016:

LBNo11

...Yankee Jim, I don't think it is a case of FOF denying responsibility, it is more likely that nobody knew the answers, and 1,051 replies saying so would have made this the biggest post of all time.

I am not a techie, but all I can suggest is that your security on your pc needs updating or renewing and you should run some malaware programmes.

Contact Logicalman via a PM - he lives in the USA and certainly knows his stuff, I am sure he'll guide you in the right direction.

Re the money, we had a whip - round at FoF, and got you this:-

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

YankeeJim

I'm not a techie either. I did run my protection programs and the problem has not re-occured.

As a side issue. American airlines wouldn't accept the money for a ticket to the Cottage but I did get Iraqgoals.com to accept it so I'll be able to see tomorrow's match via the computer.  :003: All's well that end well!

fulhamwannabe