Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (17/09/10)

Started by WhiteJC, September 17, 2010, 07:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2010/09/dont-panic/
Don't panic!
by Tor on September 16, 2010

Well, bums. That's pretty much all I can say in response to the news that Bobby Zamora faces a 5 month absence following the surgery on his broken leg and ligament damage. Much has already been said about how Mousa Dembele is keen to step up to fill the void (not that he'd have much choice about it anyway), and how Andy Johnson should be back and fighting fit next month and is also keen to prove himself.

The thing that worries me is that talk of Bobby's injury has seemingly been accompanied by a tone of deep foreboding, like this is signalling the end of our season. In September. Don't get me wrong, I think Zamora's a brilliant player and was an integral part of the team, but it's a bit harsh on the rest of the squad to say that, essentially, it doesn't matter what they do, we're doomed to fail. Charming.

We've got Dembele, Dempsey, Davies and Gera who are all more than capable of scoring goals. We've an experienced and effective midfield. We'll have a solid defence when Pantsil gets his mojo back (where did he get the collywobbles from? Answers on a postcard please). We've a squad jam-packed with bloody good players and the whole point of football is that it's a team game. Bobby's absence, whilst being a big blow, is not going to mean relegation or even, necessarily, a bottom half finish.

Just you wait and see.

WhiteJC

http://sport.virginmedia.com/football/article/2010/09/16/johnson_comeback_will_not_be_rushed_despite_zamora_blow
Johnson comeback will not be rushed despite Zamora blow
Fulham manager Mark Hughes insists Andy Johnson will not be rushed back to compensate for the loss of Bobby Zamora.

Hughes confirmed Zamora will be sidelined for at least five months after fears he had sustained ankle ligament damage in last Saturday's 2-1 victory over Wolves proved correct.

With the England striker and Fulham's most dangerous player out for half the season, the pressure has grown on Johnson to make his comeback.

The club's record £10.5million signing from Everton missed most of last season with a knee injury but is three to four weeks away from a return to first-team action. Hughes, however, will only pick the former England marksman if he is fully fit.

"We don't want to rush Andy. He's had experience of trying to get back too soon as a consequence of his enthusiasm to be playing," he said. "Unfortunately in the past he's come back too soon and that's cost him, preventing him from sustaining his fitness.

"We're not of the view that we must bring him back quickly even though we've lost Bobby. It's more important for Andy that he's clear in his mind that he's 100% when he does return. When Andy does come back he'll be in and around the first team for a significant amount of time and that will help us get through the loss of Bobby."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213429
Fulham - Arsenal Move Just A Distant Memory?
It really does look as if any hopes Mark Schwarzer had of making a January switch to the Emirates Stadium, following the stalling of a summer move, are diminishing by the day.

Schwarzer, set to continue between the sticks up at Ewood Park this Saturday afternoon, has expressed an apparent desire to leave Craven Cottage, probably at the expiration of his current contract.

But, any sneaking desire for a possible resurrection of that summer move to Arsenal seems doomed to failure with several gossip columns now inferring that Arsene Wenger fancies taking the German keeper Manuel Neurer, from Schalke!

I`d suggest that`s not what Mark was hoping to hear!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213429#ixzz0zlemZcm7

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213428
Fulham - Not for Zamora!
Watching Antonio Valencia suffering an injury of a similar bad nature to his own, the other night, couldn`t have made great viewing for our Bobby Zamora.

With his leg encased in plaster, following his recent operation to repair the damaged bones, Bobby has openly admitted that he has no intention of watching the tackle that caused him such heartache, involving the Wolves defender Karl Henry, again.

Can`t say I really blame him, can you?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213428#ixzz0zlf8q2pL

Tom

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 17, 2010, 07:59:14 AM
http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213429
Fulham - Arsenal Move Just A Distant Memory?
It really does look as if any hopes Mark Schwarzer had of making a January switch to the Emirates Stadium, following the stalling of a summer move, are diminishing by the day.

Schwarzer, set to continue between the sticks up at Ewood Park this Saturday afternoon, has expressed an apparent desire to leave Craven Cottage, probably at the expiration of his current contract.

But, any sneaking desire for a possible resurrection of that summer move to Arsenal seems doomed to failure with several gossip columns now inferring that Arsene Wenger fancies taking the German keeper Manuel Neurer, from Schalke!

I`d suggest that`s not what Mark was hoping to hear!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213429#ixzz0zlemZcm7
I don't blame Arsene, I wouldn't want this flip flopper on my team either.
Fulham for life!

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6380167,00.html
Hughes - I won't rush Johnson
Cottagers boss says striker's recovery will not be hurried

Fulham boss Mark Hughes insists he will not rush Andy Johnson's return from injury to balance the loss of Bobby Zamora.

Hughes confirmed on Thursday Zamora will be out for at least five months after sustaining ankle ligament damage during last Saturday's 2-1 triumph over Wolves.

Zamora's injury has put fellow forward Johnson, who missed most of last season with a knee problem and is still three to four weeks away from a first-team comeback, under pressure to make a swift return.

But Hughes insists he will only play the Cottagers' record £10.5million signing if he is 100 per cent fit.

Rush
"We don't want to rush Andy. He's had experience of trying to get back too soon as a consequence of his enthusiasm to be playing," said Hughes.

"Unfortunately in the past he's come back too soon and that's cost him, preventing him from sustaining his fitness.

"We're not of the view that we must bring him back quickly even though we've lost Bobby.

"It's more important for Andy that he's clear in his mind that he's 100% when he does return.

"When Andy does come back he'll be in and around the first team for a significant amount of time and that will help us get through the loss of Bobby."

Johnson's two-year spell at Craven Cottage has been plagued by injury, with a combination of knee, shoulder and groin problems punctuating his time at the club.

Hughes is confident the player will not suffer long-term side-effects from his latest set back, but did sound caution with Johnson still some distance from match fitness.

Positive
The manager added: "Andy's been out for a long time but the medical staff have done a really good job on him and he's really positive.

"All the tests we've done show that he's either on a par or even surpassing some of the levels he was hitting before the injury.

"You can measure straight line runs and sprints off the mark, but we haven't tested him in a match situation yet."

WhiteJC

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/09/dirty-wolves.html
Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

Dirty Wolves
I wasn't at the Wolves game, Jarrod said he's going to write it up sometime (don't hold your breath). But there have been lots of repercussions from the game. Bobby Zamora's broken leg is obviously key for Fulham over the next five months and could well change how the team plays in his absence. Hodgson would have thrown Elm into the mix, but it seems that Hughes would rather Eddie Johnson and (when fit again) Andy Johnson and Dio Kamara. Not to mention Dembele as well.

Watching the highlights of the game (which you can see here) it seems that Wolves did nothing to rid themselves of the 'dirty' tag that the media placed on them after they did a number on Joey Barton, but I think it should be more 'Cynical Wolves'. They were full of the snide this tug backs and 'black arts' that Scotland faced in Lithuania (and Juventus tried at the Cottage in March but were pulled up by a stronger referee).

It will be interesting to see how Hughes now approaches the tricky League Cup tie away at Stoke City now. Stoke played a strong side against Shrewsbury in the last round, but a weakened team last year when they eventually lost 4-0 at Portsmouth. Whether Tony Pulis has had a change of heart about the competition will play a big part in whether Fulham will progress to the fourth round.

Posted by Bad Andy

WhiteJC

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/09/16/west-ham-and-fulham-seek-atonement-on-the-road-160906/
West Ham and Fulham seek atonement on the road
By Brian Sears

West Ham and Fulham have an unwanted statistic in common, one that both hope to ditch this weekend.

It concerns away days, bad ones, lots of bad ones. On the very first day of last season, Fulham went to Fratton Park and a Zamora goal allowed them to return with all three points. On the same day, West Ham were at Molineux where goals from Noble and Upson ensured a 2-0 victory. The fans from east and west London must have been contemplating fruitful journeyings around the country. How they must have dreamt of the many super away days to come. All the achievement ahead. All those points. Yet neither club has managed a single away Premier League win since then, in 20 attempts each.

Both are looking for atonement of a football kind, as Fulham travel to Blackburn, and West Ham play at Stoke at lunchtime on Saturday, although West Ham will play at Stoke without their manager. Avram Grant will miss the match to observe Yom Kippur, aka the Day of Atonement, one of the most significant events in the Jewish calendar. Yom Kippur falls on 17 and 18 September this year, and West Ham announced earlier this week that they "fully respect and understand" Grant's absence at this time of fasting and prayer.

No other Premier League clubs aside from the Hammers and Fulham have been winless on their travels so long, and in the whole of the Football League only Hull and Gillingham have gone  longer since an away win. Over the last 20 games both Fulham and West Ham have come close in claiming an elusive win; Fulham have had nine draws and West Ham six.

Away wins generally have been thin on the ground so far this season. There have been only eight in the 40 games played, with Chelsea and Blackpool grabbing two each for themselves. Mark Hughes must already be wrestling with the endemic problem of Fulham's inability to pick up away wins. In their nine and a bit seasons feasting at the top table, Fulham have only managed 23 away wins in their 173 games away from Craven Cottage.  Sunderland in their nine and a bit seasons have won 28 of their 173 games but have been relegated three times!

Fulham's continuing survival is down to their form at the Cottage and that they have picked up as many as 59 points in away draws,  including two already this season.

WhiteJC

http://tribalfootball.com/mccarthy-defends-%E2%80%98dirty%E2%80%99-wolves-1120221
McCarthy defends 'dirty' Wolves

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has defended his players after they were labeled 'dirty' following the clash with Fulham on the weekend.

Club captain Karl Henry was involved in the tackle that broke the leg of Fulham striker Bobby Zamora at Craven Cottage on Saturday and a red card to Christophe Berra was the straw that broke the camel's back after 14 yellow cards in two matches were handed out to Wolves.

But manager McCarthy has come to the defence of the club saying that they do not go out to harm opponents.

"We are not dirty," he said.

"Our whole club felt deeply for Bobby (Zamora). I believe Karl Henry has spoken to him, which I would have expected him to do.

"Sadly, especially for Bobby, those things happen. It was genuine of Danny Murphy to say it as an accident. But what concerns me from all of this is that there wasn't a bad tackle in that game.

"And I've watched it twice. I went through the bookings last week. Two obstructions for Berra, a slight shirt-tug for Michael Mancienne.

"There was nothing malicious at Fulham and there we are with seven bookings and a sending-off. I know what I make of it."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/17/stephen-kelly-sends-fulham-full-back-warning-82029-27283073/
Stephen Kelly sends Fulham full-back warning

STEPHEN Kelly has warned boss Mark Hughes he's no longer prepared to sit on the sidelines.

The Irishman spent most of last season waiting in the wings as John Pantsil and Paul Konchesky made Fulham's full-back spots their own.

Kelly only made eight appearances in the league under Roy Hodgson, but has been an almost ever-present this time around.

The Dublin-born defender has filled the void on the left following Konchesky's move to Liverpool, but now faces competition from Mexican international Carlos Salcido for the spot.

However, Kelly has warned he expects to be in the starting XI for tomorrow's trip to Blackburn.

He said: "My performances over the past couple of games on the left have warranted me given a chance on my natural side.

"I've been playing well out of position, so I think if Carlos had been available I hopefully would've been given a chance at right-back.

"There's a lot of competition for places at full-back, but I think I've played well enough to keep my place in the team, whether that be at right-back or left-back."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/17/stephen-kelly-sends-fulham-full-back-warning-82029-27283073/#ixzz0zlhZEgh2

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/6381771/Sparky-backs-Sam-for-England-job
Sparky backs Sam for England job

Fulham boss Mark Hughes believes Blackburn counterpart Sam Allardyce will be a strong candidate for the England job in two years time.

Hughes will revisit the club he managed between 2004 and 2008 when the Cottagers travel to Rovers in the Premier League on Saturday.

Allardyce eventually succeeded Hughes in 2008 after Paul Ince's ill-fated reign had been brought to an early conclusion.

The Welshman admires Allardyce and believes he has a chance of replacing Fabio Capello when he steps down as England coach in 2008, but questions whether his tactics would suit the international stage.

Hughes said: "Sam's record in the Premier League stands comparison with any British, England or foreign manager at the level of the clubs he's been at.

"He's a successful Premier League manager and the view at this time is that England need an English manager.

"I also hold that view because it's important that a country is led by someone of the same nationality.

"Sam has made his mark in the Premier League, which is the strongest league in world football.

"If you can get positive results in this league you're a good manager.

"Whether the way Sam sets up his team lends itself to international management is a debate for another day.

"But certainly his record in terms of game won makes him a strong candidate."

Winger Damien Duff returns against his former club after recovering from a calf injury, but Fulham will be missing Bobby Zamora for at least five months.

The England striker suffered ankle ligament damage as well as a broken fibula in last Saturday's 2-1 win over Wolves.

"The operation showed there was ligament damage, which we hoped there wouldn't be. We're probably looking at five months plus," said Hughes.

"There's no concern over his ability to get back and play to the same level that he was at before the injury.

"To lose him for the length of time we are means other players will have to step up to the mark."

WhiteJC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/7943373/Blackburn-Rovers-v-Fulham-match-preview.html
Blackburn Rovers v Fulham: match preview
Read a full match preview of the Premier League match between Blackburn Rovers and Fulham at Ewood Park on Saturday Sept 18 2010, kick-off 15:00 BST.

Blackburn (Possible, 4-1-4-1): Robinson; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet; Grella; M Diouf, Jones, Pedersen, E Diouf; Kalinic.
Fulham (Possible, 4-4-1-1): Schwarzer; Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Kelly; Davies, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey; Gera; Dembele.
Referee: Anthony Taylor. Matches: 1. R1 Y6.

Tale of the game

Blackburn are unbeaten in their last five home games against Fulham, winning four and drawing one. But they have gone three games without a win, since the opening day of the season.

Fulham have not won away from home in 20 Premier League games, since they won 1-0 at Portsmouth on the opening day of last season.

Blackburn, who have scored in each of the last eight Premier League games, test Michel Salgado and Ryan Nelsen, both of whom were injured in last Saturday's 1-1 draw at Manchester City. Keith Andrews is still missing.

Mark Hughes, the Fulham manager, face his former club but has more serious problems, particularly in attack. Andrew Johnson is still recovering from a knee problem and now Bobby Zamora is missing after fracturing his leg last weekend. But Fulham have won only eight games in 37 visits in the League to Ewood Park.

Diomansy Kamara and Philippe Senderos are also out while there are doubts over Damien Duff and David Stockdale.

Last season: Fulham 3 Blackburn 0, Blackburn 2 Fulham 0

Stat of the game: Fulham are bidding to win consecutive games for the first time in 16, following the 2-1 victory over Wolves.

Betting tip: Fulham don't do away wins. Try a 2-1 home win at 8-1.

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9004921.stm
Blackburn v Fulham

Blackburn are strong at home and because of the way they play it is very difficult for teams to go there and win. It's very hard to stop Blackburn playing in their style and Fulham may struggle.

Obviously with Fulham boss Mark Hughes going back to Blackburn it will add a little bit of an edge but the loss of Bobby Zamora, who broke his leg at the weekend, is a massive blow for the Cottagers.

Prediction: 2-1

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/17/win-fulham-v-everton-tickets-82029-27283075/?
Win Fulham v Everton tickets!

FANCY watching Fulham v Everton for FREE?

EA SPORTS™, the Official Sports Technology Partner of the Premier League, has teamed up with the Chronicle to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets to be at Craven Cottage on Saturday, September 25. The winner will also receive a copy of FIFA 11.

EA SPORTS is the proud sponsor of the Premier League Player Performance Index. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index is the Barclay Premier League's official statistical index of all 20 Barclays Premier League teams. Midfielder Simon Davies is currently the highest ranked Fulham player in the PPI.

The EA SPORTS Team of the Week will be available at www.premierleague.com after each round of the Barclays Premier League. The team will be based on ratings from the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.

To stand a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:

Which Fulham player is the highest ranked in the PPI?

To enter, go to our Facebook page and post your answer underneath the question.

The closing date for entries is midday next Tuesday, September 21. The winner will be notified within 24 hours.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/17/win-fulham-v-everton-tickets-82029-27283075/?#ixzz0zlwKf8bY

WhiteJC

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_4437_club-focus-fulham-how-does-hughes-solve-a-problem-like-zamora.html?
Club Focus - Fulham - How does Hughes solve a problem like Zamora?
By Matt Domm

With the announcement Bobby Zamora's injury is to keep him out until February at the earliest, the Blackburn Rovers game this Saturday takes on a lot of significance. Not only does Mark Hughes return to one of his former clubs, but he will also need to quickly establish his new approach to the season without Zamora, around whom much of Fulham's attacking play revolved.

In recent interviews, the Welshman pinpointed Moussa Dembele as the man who must take on much of the attacking burden. A different type of forward, certainly, and despite his extremely impressive start to his Premier League career it would be unfair to expect the Belgian to perform the role Zamora manages so effortlessly. The 23-year-old's game is about direct, skilful running and frightening the opposition defence. While Zamora too terrifies his opponents, the Englishman is a more recognised outlet for bringing his teammates into play. It is a shame for the Fulham faithful that the blossoming Zamora-Dembele partnership - with the Belgian roaming around the forward areas - has been stopped before it could get going, but there is enough remaining in the Whites' squad to suggest a reshuffle could continue the momentum so far achieved.

Although Dembele cannot be expected to be the target-man, holding up play and out-muscling defences as Zamora does, with a slight change of tack and playing the ball into the Belgian's feet, the focus could change without losing much of its effectiveness. While Dembele is the exact sort of player a manager could want playing off the big English centre-forward, he has fortunately struck up a decent understanding on the pitch with Clint Dempsey, and the victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers last weekend was testament to that. Dempsey himself has been used by previous managers as an emergency centre-forward, particularly to cover Zamora's injuries, but he has not been effective enough to warrant replacing the big man for most of the season, which is the current requirement. Instead, a fluid front pairing of the American and Dembele could be tested, and might well be successful.

Both players have excellent footballing brains. The understanding Dempsey had with Erik Nevland - who was another very clever footballer - underlines his intelligence on the pitch. Dembele, although still early days, has already shown he can find and use space to benefit the team, and knows when to take on a man. With Dempsey picking the ball up from deep and Dembele working the channels to stretch defences, a promising partnership could well develop. Of course, with neither man a recognised out-and-out forward, such a tactic could well prove to be a risk, especially considering they are arguably not known for their physical prowess - certainly not as Zamora is. Only Hughes knows what he has in mind, but the Blackburn game will tell him a lot about the physical capabilities of whichever player or players he selects to lead the line.

Some good news from an injury perspective is Andy Johnson is reported to be only a month away from a return to first-team action. The striker has had a terrible last 12 months since being borderline-assaulted last August against Amkar Perm. He returned early from the collarbone break from that incident, which caused further injury complications. Ironically it was the loss of Johnson that forced Zamora to step up his game, and everyone knows that result. With few recognised strikers in the squad, the return of Johnson will be a welcome boost for Hughes, and although a polar opposite striker to Zamora, he will almost certainly help the team going forward with still plenty of doubters to win over.

A huge physical test awaits Hughes' men at the weekend, especially without Zamora, and with the combined problems of Fulham's ever-poor away form and Blackburn's excellent home record not many will be predicting an away win. But this team have showed plenty in their two away games so far to suggest a win on the road is forthcoming. As long as those who are physical presences, such as Brede Hangeland and Dickson Etuhu, do not let Sam Allardyce's men get away with any bullying, then there is no reason why the away-day wins account could not be opened on Saturday.

The biggest question mark is, as mentioned, what strategy is now best up front, but if Hughes gets the right answer - and soon - then the loss of star-man Zamora need not alter the season as much as it potentially might. Even a point would show that this Fulham side is up for the challenge.

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3141498/Premier-League-stars-hired-14-vice-girls-and-tranny-for-party.html

Exclusive

Prem stars 'hired 14 vice girls and tranny for party'

By NICK PARKER Chief Foreign Correspondent

Published: Today

Add a comment (16)

PREMIER League soccer stars were at the centre of a vice probe last night amid claims that they hired 14 hookers and a transvestite for a wild after-match party.
Arsenal striker Carlos Vela and Fulham defender Carlos Salcido celebrated with Mexico team-mates at their squad's hotel following their 1-0 friendly win over Colombia last week.

But the Mexican FA was yesterday probing newspaper and internet reports that vice girls joined the early-hours knees-up.

At party ... Vela with tranny GemaVela, who scored twice in the Gunners' 6-0 thrashing of FC Braga on Wednesday, and Salcido were among three players pictured cosying up to a blonde called Gema, apparently unaware "she" was a transvestite.

The embarrassing snaps were posted on the Mexican La Aficion sports website yesterday, beside images from Gema's own site, on which she offers a menu of kinky sex services.

Players last night denied they had paid vice girls - and insisted they had innocently hired a hotel ballroom for a celebration with family and friends after abandoning a planned night out due to security fears.

Salcido, 30, said: "If there is a fine to pay, I will accept it. I offer a personal apology, but the papers say we hired 15 prostitutes including a transvestite - and that did not happen.

"We had a few drinks, but that is as far as it went."

All smiles ... Salcido, right, and with blondeSalcido said he had no idea the girl he posed with for pictures was a transvestite.

Vela, 21, was unavailable for comment last night.

Mexican papers El Universal and Diario de Mexico also published the claims about the private party in the city of Monterrey - which was said to have cost around £1,600.

Reports claimed the entire Mexico team was involved in the event. There is NO suggestion that any of the footballers had sex with the girls at the bash, which began at midnight.

Local newspaper Record ran pictures showing scantily-clad women leaving the city's swish Camino Real Hotel at 6am. One was clutching a Mexico shirt. FA director Nestor de la Torre launched a probe after learning players had flouted rules preventing them from taking women back to their hotel.

Record did not refer to the women as prostitutes, but other media have described them as prostitutes or sex workers.

La Aficion.com described Gema as a transvestite sex worker, but added: "It has not been shown if she was hired by one of the players, or if they simply met in the hotel at the invitation of another guest."

Decio de Maria Serrano, Secretary of the Mexican FA, said: "We will carry out an evaluation and collect information.

"Nobody is justifying (what happened), but nor should we make it bigger than it is. We are public personalities and must behave properly because there are people who will evaluate us and make judgements."

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/6381947/Duff-could-be-ready-to-face-Rovers?
Duff could be ready to face Rovers

Fulham winger Damien Duff should be available for Saturday's Premier League clash with Blackburn after recovering from a calf injury.

Bobby Zamora is out for five months (broken fibula/ankle ligament damage) while Andrew Johnson (knee) is three to four weeks away from a first-team return.

Rafik Halliche and Fredrik Stoor (both groin) are doubts while Philippe Senderos (Achilles) is a long-term absentee.

Diomansy Kamara (foot) is back in training but David Stockdale (ankle) has three more weeks on the sidelines.

Fulham (from): Schwarzer, Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Pantsil, Salcido, Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Halliche, Gera, Murphy, Duff, Riise, Etuhu, Dempsey, Greening, Davies, Dikgacoi, Elm, Dembele, Briggs.

WhiteJC

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/09/you-can-prove-anything-with-statistics.html?
Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

You can prove anything with statistics

With 74 fouls conceded, 14 (should that be 15?)  yellow cards and one red card, they are statistically the dirtiest team in the Premier League by some margin.

WhiteJC

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/43798/Hughes_to_make_Blackburn_return.aspx
Hughes to make Blackburn return

Mark Hughes comes up against one of his former clubs when he takes Fulham to Ewood Park to face Blackburn Rovers.

Hughes spent four years in charge of the Lancashire club before leaving for Manchester City and then being handed the reins of the London club during the summer.

He has hit the ground running with the Cottagers after guiding them to one win and three draws in the opening four games of the new Premier League season.

However, Blackburn are no slouches either this term after winning one, drawing one and losing two in the opening weeks of the campaign.

Blackburn held big-spending Manchester City to a 1-1 draw at Eastlands last weekend and will take great heart from their ability to take a point off a side fancied to feature heavily in the title mix.

Defeats to Arsenal (2-1) and Birmingham City (2-1) had followed an impressive 1-0 opening day win over Everton to leave current boss Sam Allardyce lamenting a lack of firepower.

Fulham followed up back-to-back opening stalemates with Bolton (0-0) and Manchester United (2-2) with a 2-2 draw with newcomers Blackpool and a narrow 2-1 victory over Wolves last weekend.

Summer signing Moussa Dembele scored both goals and he will be expected to carry the burden in the absence of Bobby Zamora.

Zamora is facing five months on the sidelines with a broken leg picked up in a challenge with Wolves' Karl Henry last weekend.

With fellow attackers Andy Johnson (knee) and Diomansy Kamara (ankle) still missing, these are testing times for former centre forward Hughes.

Phillipe Senderos (Achilles) and goalkeeper David Stockdale (ankle) are also still unavailable, but Damien Duff (calf) could return.

Blackburn will gave late fitness tests to skipper Ryan Nelsen (ankle) and midfielder Keith Andrews (groin), but veteran full-back Michel Salgado (thigh) looks set to miss out.

Midfield playmaker David Dunn has another week of training under his belt and is likely to return to the starting line-up.
Last season resulted in home wins when these two clubs went head to head.

Fulham won 3-0 at Craven Cottage in November while Rovers triumphed 2-0 at Ewood Park in January.

Blackburn also won both encounters during the 2008/09 season and have recent history on their side in this fixture.

WhiteJC

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/Fulham-v-Blackburn-Rovers-Latest.6537195.jp?
Fulham v Blackburn Rovers: Latest team news
Published Date: 17 September 2010

Fulham winger Damien Duff should be available for tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash with Blackburn after recovering from a calf injury.

Bobby Zamora is out for five months (broken fibula/ankle ligament damage) while Andrew Johnson (knee) is three to four weeks away from a first team return.

Rafik Halliche and Fredrik Stoor (both groin) are doubts while Philippe Senderos (Achilles) is a long-term absentee.

Diomansy Kamara (foot) is back in training but David Stockdale (ankle) has three more weeks on the sidelines.

Team (from): Schwarzer, Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Pantsil, Salcido, Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Halliche, Gera, Murphy, Duff, Riise, Etuhu, Dempsey, Greening, Davies, Dikgacoi, Elm, Dembele, Briggs.