more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Price of Football

Started by aaronmcguigan, November 16, 2017, 12:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41485762

Looking at this, there is so much we could be doing to either connect with the fans, maximise revenues by dropping prices to increase demand, etc . Does being in London give the club the right to charge the highest among 92 league clubs for a pie.. especially when the menu for food is so restricted?
I get the club do offers now and then but some clubs do great jobs in filling stadiums to generate matchday money through outlets and merchandise etc.

Andy S

Nobody forces anyone to buy a pie or a beer in the ground. If people didn't buy them they would reduce the price. If people didn't come they would have to reduce the price. While you pay the money you will be squeezed,and not just by The club but everywhere you go?

Woolly Mammoth

I come to the Ground to watch a football match, not fill my face up with plastic food.
I eat before I leave Home. So it doesn't really effect me.
But I certainly take your point.
It's supply and demand, I am increasingly wondering if there is anybody at all working at the club on non match days.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

As I said on a similar thread, I think the price of my ST in H8 at the Hammy End is fantastic value, no problem at all with it.  However, with the exception of the little real ale bar, the quality, selection and price of the f and b is rubbish. Like others I simply don't buy it but there are times when I yearn for something palatable.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

General

General

Quote from: Andy S on November 16, 2017, 01:23:12 AM
Nobody forces anyone to buy a pie or a beer in the ground. If people didn't buy them they would reduce the price. If people didn't come they would have to reduce the price. While you pay the money you will be squeezed,and not just by The club but everywhere you go?

The thing is - you can buy alcohol in the ground, but can't bring it in...? You can bring in food, but it arguably/likely wont be warm... if you take in drinks they try and take off the bottle caps on entry, which means most people will feel tempted to drink it sooner rather than later... plus, do they really need to charge those prices for food? I'm sure they're making a healthy profit.

grandad

I have never bought food or drink at the ground. I used to bring in a thermos of coffee together with a hip flask of brandy. A couple of cheese rolls & a proper sized Mars bar & I was well set up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on November 16, 2017, 12:12:09 PM
I have never bought food or drink at the ground. I used to bring in a thermos of coffee together with a hip flask of brandy. A couple of cheese rolls & a proper sized Mars bar & I was well set up.

A man after my own heart.
Plus a Banana. 🍌
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Andy S on November 16, 2017, 01:23:12 AM
:plus one: It really is that straightforward
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

A couple of years ago I paid £5 for a hotdog at Wembley, it was terrible. Never again.