more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara Red Rescinded

Started by WhiteJC, November 03, 2017, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Kamara Red Rescinded

The Club has today received confirmation that our appeal of the red card shown to Aboubakar Kamara during Tuesday's game with Bristol City has been successful.

The claim of wrongful dismissal has been upheld, and the player will serve no suspension.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/03/kamara-red-overturned

mojo

AK pushed the guy in the chest, the guy goes down holding his face. The red card is rescinded and the opposition player is given a ban for cheating.

Does anything happen with the ref? He has sent a player off so you would imagine either he or his assistant has actually seen the incident, but they obviously didn't

Whitesideup

Quote from: mojo on November 04, 2017, 12:33:21 PM
AK pushed the guy in the chest, the guy goes down holding his face. The red card is rescinded and the opposition player is given a ban for cheating.

Does anything happen with the ref? He has sent a player off so you would imagine either he or his assistant has actually seen the incident, but they obviously didn't
I think the ref's report should include what the lino told him. If he says AK struck the player in the face, then he was either making an assumption or just being mugged by the Bristol City player, because it didn't happen. I can't believe he would deliberately lie. If he said he saw AK raise his hands but then wasn't sure what kind of contact was made, then that is still poor but includes a bit of honesty. In the first instance the lino alone should be sanctioned, in the second the ref should carry the blame as he was the one that decided to make a wrong assumption that could (perhaps could) have changed the outcome of the game.

By the way, is the Bristol player really being sanctioned? or is this just wishful thinking? I think he should be given a three match ban but I bet nothing happens whatsoever, either with the ref and lino, or with the player.

davew

Bristol City player has been banned for 1 game for simulation!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitesideup

Quote from: davew on November 04, 2017, 12:58:09 PM
Thanks. 3 would have been more appropriate.

davew

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 04, 2017, 01:04:42 PM
Thanks. 3 would have been more appropriate.
No problem, even better would have been a rematch!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bill taylors apprentice

Bloody hell there is some common sense justice!
Well sort of!

Bill2

I have to smile at the BC defence of their player. Both players were clearly looking at each other prior to the incident and both had their hands up by their chests, AK being the smaller of the two. As soon as there is contact the BC player falls to the floor and rolls around like he has been punched by Mike Tyson.

He is no more than a cheating b and he should be ashamed of himself as should be BC with their pathetic excuse.

One Martin Thomas

I think AKs red card should have stood along with the ban for BC player. Wright should now come out and admit that he overexaggerated his injury to put a stop to all the rubbish from BC fans.

Lyle from Hangeland

Whitesideup

Quote from: Bill2 on November 04, 2017, 01:47:55 PM
I have to smile at the BC defence of their player. Both players were clearly looking at each other prior to the incident and both had their hands up by their chests, AK being the smaller of the two. As soon as there is contact the BC player falls to the floor and rolls around like he has been punched by Mike Tyson.

He is no more than a cheating b and he should be ashamed of himself as should be BC with their pathetic excuse.
Bill2 - so what was their defence? And did it explain why he was feigning an injury to his head?

Baszab

The decision was made on assumption and without any first hand visual evidence

What the hell was he doing whispering behind his hand ? "I didn't see it ..... but he must have done something " - pathetic

It is inconceivable  that a professional official can do that - it wouldn't even happen in amateur football

The linesman should be removed from the pro game permanently

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Baszab on November 04, 2017, 04:07:25 PM

What the hell was he doing whispering behind his hand ? "I didn't see it ..... but he must have done something " - pathetic

It is inconceivable  that a professional official can do that - it wouldn't even happen in amateur football

They sometimes will be fooled by a player.  Isn't that why the FA brought the rule in regarding "Successful Deception of a Match Official"?  We still had Kamara send off but at least Bailey Wright was punished with a 2 match ban for his cheating.

ffcthereligion

I absolutely lost my rag when he was sent off to the point where a steward had to have a word with me. That player who went down holding his face is a disgrace to the game and should be banned for at least 3 matches. Shameful

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ffcthereligion on November 04, 2017, 05:02:39 PM
I absolutely lost my rag when he was sent off to the point where a steward had to have a word with me. That player who went down holding his face is a disgrace to the game and should be banned for at least 3 matches. Shameful

Have you seen his face. If I was as ugly as him I would be holding mine.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Baszab on November 04, 2017, 04:07:25 PM

ummm, whatever the rights and wrongs of the whole incident, aren't you being just a little hypocritical? How can you know what was being said between the referee and assistant ref?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.