Main Menu

Like it or not, we miss.....

Started by vagrant, November 04, 2017, 02:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagrant

Chris Martin.
There....I've dared to say it....

One Martin Thomas

But Chris Martin was not in the team against Huddersfield away.... We do miss an out and out striker. Daft thing was playing Cairney... It got us nothing. We should have waited until after this International Break.

Milo

Disagree. Over inflating the impact he had for the rare games he actually agreed to play for us.

Derby fan next to me saying "you can happily take him back".

Think we miss Aluko far more ... listening to the Reading game on radio...

vagrant

Quote from: Milo on November 04, 2017, 03:32:46 PM
Disagree. Over inflating the impact he had for the rare games he actually agreed to play for us.

Derby fan next to me saying "you can happily take him back".

Think we miss Aluko far more ... listening to the Reading game on radio...

34 appearances, don't call that rare games. 11 goals. 
And Aluko has just got his first in about 17 games.....

hovewhite

Well both the above players did not want to be here,what happened?that sone wanted to leave,was it stuff going on off the pitch?or just a bigger payday ?

Whitesideup

Quote from: hovewhite on November 04, 2017, 03:42:15 PM
Well both the above players did not want to be here,what happened?that sone wanted to leave,was it stuff going on off the pitch?or just a bigger payday ?
I don't think that Vagrant meant he wanted them necessarily to stay, just that we have not replaced a more typical centre-forward, or the trickery of Aluko. If players don't want to be here, or if their price goes too high, then they have to go. But if they are important players, they have to be replaced with equal quality, hence the comment that we miss them.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Old Count

Martin was important to us and should have been replaced.  Same as Malone and Aluko.

colinwhite

colinwhite

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: The Old Count on November 04, 2017, 04:21:55 PM
Martin was important to us and should have been replaced.  Same as Malone and Aluko.
Fully agree - see my post in the support Slav thread.

rvFFC

I don't think we miss Martin, but I do think we need someone similar. By that I mean a tall, physical striker who we can go route one to if needed as a proper plan b. It worked for crouch and stoke today and gives another option off the bench if the manager needs it.