watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Exclusive: Moneyballs-up! Stats madness finally sacked

Started by Friendsoffulham, November 04, 2017, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bracken White

As many of us know, there's no substitute for quality. With this appalling 'Moneyball' system it is now obvious to all & sundry that we have recruited sub-standard footballers with SJ doing all he can to get the best out of them.
As with Magath the Club is far, far more healthier without the madness & self-egotism of Kline and I hope that Tony Khan has learnt a huge lesson as a result of this hugely damaging episode.
Surely now the club will put it's wholehearted faith in the Manager & put him in control of transfers, with these flawed systems used purely as back-up. SJ to have the last word in transfers then we'll see us pick-up post the January window,
When you take note of the players this fool rejected it cannot but make your blood boil. Why oh why do we employ these deluded egotists?
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bracken White on November 07, 2017, 07:44:16 PM
As many of us know, there's no substitute for quality. With this appalling 'Moneyball' system it is now obvious to all & sundry that we have recruited sub-standard footballers with SJ doing all he can to get the best out of them.
As with Magath the Club is far, far more healthier without the madness & self-egotism of Kline and I hope that Tony Khan has learnt a huge lesson as a result of this hugely damaging episode.
Surely now the club will put it's wholehearted faith in the Manager & put him in control of transfers, with these flawed systems used purely as back-up. SJ to have the last word in transfers then we'll see us pick-up post the January window,
When you take note of the players this fool rejected it cannot but make your blood boil. Why oh why do we employ these deluded egotists?

Indeed, and I concur. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

I haven't read the entire thread on this, but isn't this purely a case of Kline getting the boot for behaving like a tit?

Doesn't seem to be any indication that we'll do away with the stats based recruitment & suddenly hand control over to SJ. Or have I missed something?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 07, 2017, 09:01:41 PM
I haven't read the entire thread on this, but isn't this purely a case of Kline getting the boot for behaving like a tit?

Doesn't seem to be any indication that we'll do away with the stats based recruitment & suddenly hand control over to SJ. Or have I missed something?

You may very well have missed something.
My understanding is that Klines behaviour extended a lot further than behaving like a tit.  Especially as the whole issue spread over a considerable amount of time.
This was no storm in a tea cup.
It's a symptom of the amateurish way this Football Club is run.
As for the stats roll. It has shown what a folly it can be, using stats on players from overseas who have been playing in inferior Leagues, whereupon they flatter to deceive, and then come to the Championship, and play like fish out of water, and struggle from day one. 
Not forgetting the issues with not signing players over a certain age, and not recruit from Div One and Two, because the Computer says no due to the lack of stats.
Well you couldn't make it up. No wonder Jok looks so glum. The players we missed out on because of this stats garbage is criminal.
What's annoyed me is that it was allowed to fester and drag on for so long by the Khans, who due to their lack of transparency have lost all credibility, assuming they still had any left.
So no it's not a casual quick fix issue that can be placed on the back burner and forgotten about. It's effected too many people, directly and indirectly. 
Which has left the Khans with egg on their faces, and not for the first time. 

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet (can't bring myself to trawl through 5 pages!)...

But it does stand to reason that Kline would want to influence tactics if his statistics were based off signing players who played in a certain position within a certain formation. I actually would agree there's no point going half way house and using stats to sign players only to play them in positions or formations that invalidate those very statistics...

I'm not saying I agree Kline should have stayed... as I've already mentioned he clearly doesn't have the communication skills to survive in a corporate environment... but I dont dismiss his reasoning as madness like most on here.

Lighthouse

Kline like Magath was clearly unsuited for the modern game of football or Soccer. The point is his methods may have failed but the theory of stats based transfers is here to stay. If we could use it as it was intended with the three tick system or however many ticks are needed. Then there should be no problem. But as in most things it is down to personalities as well as the system. We have struggled under Mackintosh. We look at our owner and just shake our heads in disbelief at the advice he has been given. However the squad has improved and what we need now is fine tuning. Obviously it isn't coming this year. Which it should have done after the success of last season.

Now is not the time to throw the baby out with the stats system or sack the coach for confused tactical mistakes. Just hope that in future we stop employing mad people who are a step away from a facility for wayward thinkers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Milo on November 09, 2017, 11:15:29 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet (can't bring myself to trawl through 5 pages!)...

But it does stand to reason that Kline would want to influence tactics if his statistics were based off signing players who played in a certain position within a certain formation. I actually would agree there's no point going half way house and using stats to sign players only to play them in positions or formations that invalidate those very statistics...

I'm not saying I agree Kline should have stayed... as I've already mentioned he clearly doesn't have the communication skills to survive in a corporate environment... but I dont dismiss his reasoning as madness like most on here.

I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that Kline's stats and discovery methods should be tailored to the style and system that Slavisa prefers to play.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Woolly Mammoth

Thought of the day Milo, with regard to this individual called Kline.
" The worst pain a man can suffer, is to have insight into much and power over nothing. "
⚽️⚽️

Never forget your Roots.