Have a great first touch
Highly Intelligent
Two footed
Versatile enough to play across the final 3rd

Also

Be very big
Very Strong
Important to have lightning speed

I reckon the club knew this in the summer and with a mixture of stats etc, thats exactly what we got.

Only problem we've got is that we achieved this in two players.

If you could mould Fonte & Kamara, we'd have pretty much the perfect player for us

FFC1987

I'd look at the Saints strikers in Austin/Long but its likely unrealistic. They play only one up top and they aren't all playing. Maybe even Ings from Liverpool and obviously Gayle from Newcastle. Think we need a marque signing but likely not in January as prices are extortionate.

westcliff white

Ings wouldn't be a bad shout but can he hold the ball up?

Every day is a Fulham day

New Kid on the Block

Cristiano Ronaldo matches all those categories.

Do you know something we don't?

FFC1987

Think Ings can, hes not your typical stocky build striker, but nor is Vardy/Long and they manage to keep the ball whilst still working channels.

jarv

Harry Kane also matches it. Spuds might have a say in that however.

Keynsham

I can't believe we haven't approached Aguero yet.

BedsFFC

This post didn't quite work. It was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek saying we'd achieved our goals but the only problem we got it in 2 players rather than 1.

It was funnier in my head

filham

Problem was that Kline just couldn.t programme such a high profile into his computer without blowing a fuse.

MikeW

Bobby Zamora anyone? Come back Bob!!!!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

"If you could mould Fonte & Kamara, we'd have pretty much the perfect player for us".

Mould them into what?  Footballers first.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Nero

Quote from: jarv on November 07, 2017, 01:25:18 PM
Harry Kane also matches it. Spuds might have a say in that however.

swap and cash coming our way should do it

Matt10

Nelson Oliveira has seemed to fall out of favor from Norwich. A bit controversial, but he fits the frame we'd look for.

Like I have said though, it's not the players with our team. It's the system. Doesn't make a lick of difference if the role of the striker is to get in the box and never have the ball crossed into him.

bog

Charlie Austin for me. Not playing must be doing his head in.

092.gif

supersimmo123

Quote from: bog on November 08, 2017, 09:22:58 AM

092.gif

I reckon the rumoured 80k per week he is on will soften the blow for sure!

FFC1987

Quote from: supersimmo123 on November 08, 2017, 09:53:33 AM

092.gif

EPL clubs will snap him up anyway, I said originally its unrealistic. Although do Saints pay those kind of wages!? They tend to lose most players because of their restrictive wage structure.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 08, 2017, 10:20:52 AM

092.gif

EPL clubs will snap him up anyway, I said originally its unrealistic. Although do Saints pay those kind of wages!? They tend to lose most players because of their restrictive wage structure.
8th highest wage payers in the PL
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on November 08, 2017, 10:24:19 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 08, 2017, 10:20:52 AM

092.gif

8th highest wage payers in the PL

Its a well ran club so living within their means but im still surprised they'd pay those kind of wages

@jolslover

Quote from: Matt10 on November 08, 2017, 03:57:04 AM
Nelson Oliveira has seemed to fall out of favor from Norwich. A bit controversial, but he fits the frame we'd look for.

Like I have said though, it's not the players with our team. It's the system. Doesn't make a lick of difference if the role of the striker is to get in the box and never have the ball crossed into him.

Oliveira is class, Pretty sure he has the best goals/minute in the champ and he doesn't get along with Norwichs manager. Got a goal for Portugese national team the other month aswell.
STH H3

TXWhite

Quote from: @jolslover on November 08, 2017, 05:55:33 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on November 08, 2017, 03:57:04 AM

Oliveira is class, Pretty sure he has the best goals/minute in the champ and he doesn't get along with Norwichs manager. Got a goal for Portugese national team the other month aswell.

Rate Oliveira really highly. Could lead the line and bring others, like Fonte, into the game.