more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Clearing of the Air.....

Started by ToodlesMcToot, November 10, 2017, 03:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: alfie on November 10, 2017, 08:32:11 PM
I have shopped at the same Sainsbury's for the last 35, I have spent thousands, but I am just a customer so I do not expect to be informed of any internal issues, same as I am a customer at Fulham FC, I am not an employee, I don't have any shares, so why should I be entitled to be advised of internal employment issues, why do we as customers of the club feel we have a divine right to know.

No one has said they are entitled to an explanation. I'd like to know what they are doing to rectify things and to ensure that the behind the scenes situation(s) don't become so dysfunctional in the future. I don't expect it to happen because it never does. However, I do feel like it would benefit all for the club to address it in some way. Have they spoken about it at all?

By the way, when the playing staff make mistakes on the field, the club has set the expectation that the players and manager address their shortcomings and how they intend to get it rectified in future matches. They do this after almost every match in which they fail to get a result.

Also, your relationship with Sainsbury's is very different than what you have with Fulham. There's only one Fulham. There are well over a thousand Sainsbury's. If I were to use the grocery store example and I saw an employee sitting outside my local grocer, speaking to police, claiming racist practices and threats of violence against him/her by the proprietor, then I'd be asking questions and expecting answers. That's just me though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Baszab

You are correct Statto ......perhaps you could explain that in detail to the current owners of FFC

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on November 10, 2017, 09:29:54 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on November 10, 2017, 09:16:51 PM
A club statement may be forthcoming.

Would have been issued already, but the only bloke who can work the photocopier seems to have left the building.

That bloke was Kline
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Baszab on November 11, 2017, 06:09:34 PM
You are correct Statto ......perhaps you could explain that in detail to the current owners of FFC

and while your at it, ask him how he proposes to cut through the barbed wire round his fat wallet.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

This is one enormous mess that the club are in and any truthful and honest statement will make a few people look weak or incompetent.
The best PR for the club right now is to say nothing but to get their noses to the grindstone and give Jocanovic their full support in an effort to get a few wins on the board.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 10, 2017, 08:41:08 PM
I have shopped at the same Sainsbury's for the last 35, I have spent thousands, but I am just a customer so I do not expect to be informed of any internal issues, same as I am a customer at Fulham FC, I am not an employee, I don't have any shares, so why should I be entitled to be advised of internal employment issues, why do we as customers of the club feel we have a divine right to know.

Although had you seen the advertisement for that food you really liked and went to the store and found that one of the assistants had decided not to bother to put them on the shelves because he didn't like them. You may be entitled to ask a few questions. When that same assistant is seen fighting in the frozen food counter with a giraffe. You may be entitled for an explanation.
Sorry i just don't get your response.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on November 11, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 10, 2017, 08:41:08 PM

Although had you seen the advertisement for that food you really liked and went to the store and found that one of the assistants had decided not to bother to put them on the shelves because he didn't like them. You may be entitled to ask a few questions. When that same assistant is seen fighting in the frozen food counter with a giraffe. You may be entitled for an explanation.
Sorry i just don't get your response.

The players that were very good but were not good enough for the stats system. They are the food that you like. The assistant that didn't put them on the shelves is Kline. The fight in the frozen foods with the giraffe is the suggestion that our coach and Kline  should stage a mock fight dressed as Sumo wrestlers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Statto on November 11, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

If those internal issues affected the product, you'd be told. Not a great analogy anyway. Supporters are members of the football "club", in fact together we *are* the club. Most of us will have been part of Fulham for longer than any of the current players, staff or ownership, and in many cases our fathers were part of the club before us. A football club is a unique organisation, with a social impact making it far more important than a supermarket or ordinary private business, and football fans are a unique type of stakeholder, having at least as much importance as shareholders and much more importance than mere customers.

Most of us also also know that pre the Internet the only info you got from a Club was a bit of paper talk and Saturdays programme. There were probably more financial miss deeds going on due to all the cash at the turnstiles, far more players retired early due to injury and unless you were in the Stevenage Road stand you got soaked when it rained.
It's way way better than it was. We have an owner whose stated aim is sustainability. So there's a Club for our kids and their kids to follow. The Club has lots of links to local charities and quite often access to players is available with shirt signings at the Club shop. All better than the past.
   If the Club don't wish to wash their dirty linen in public or even acknowledge it, that's fine by me.
   I think Alfie's right. All sport is no longer a healthy pastime. Whether you watch or participate. It's business. A season ticket, tracksuit, trainers, boots or energy drink. We're now customers.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on November 12, 2017, 08:43:50 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 11, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

If those internal issues affected the product, you'd be told. Not a great analogy anyway. Supporters are members of the football "club", in fact together we *are* the club. Most of us will have been part of Fulham for longer than any of the current players, staff or ownership, and in many cases our fathers were part of the club before us. A football club is a unique organisation, with a social impact making it far more important than a supermarket or ordinary private business, and football fans are a unique type of stakeholder, having at least as much importance as shareholders and much more importance than mere customers.

Most of us also also know that pre the Internet the only info you got from a Club was a bit of paper talk and Saturdays programme. There were probably more financial miss deeds going on due to all the cash at the turnstiles, far more players retired early due to injury and unless you were in the Stevenage Road stand you got soaked when it rained.
It's way way better than it was. We have an owner whose stated aim is sustainability. So there's a Club for our kids and their kids to follow. The Club has lots of links to local charities and quite often access to players is available with shirt signings at the Club shop. All better than the past.
   If the Club don't wish to wash their dirty linen in public or even acknowledge it, that's fine by me.
   I think Alfie's right. All sport is no longer a healthy pastime. Whether you watch or participate. It's business. A season ticket, tracksuit, trainers, boots or energy drink. We're now customers.

I am not a customer, I am a number.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on November 12, 2017, 08:43:50 AM
All sport is no longer a healthy pastime. Whether you watch or participate. It's business. A season ticket, tracksuit, trainers, boots or energy drink. We're now customers.
In those days of terraces and rain soaked watching we were called 'patrons', meaning individual sponsors or regular customers, the life blood of the game.  We are no longer the life blood of a game that raises most of its income via media and corporate interest.  That means football has moved away from individual support towards businesses with big money because without the corporate cash the game would not be sustainable.  Football has forgotten and forsaken its roots and now plays the game of 'too big to fail' whereby dominance of competitive prize and pride rests with the few as peripheral interest locally may continue to wain.  Professional football clubs seldom die and they just keep coming back for more.  There are customers everywhere and as long as a football club can secure a replacement for everyone who walks away it'll stay contented. They know that one day a big business may swoop and appear to enrich the lives of those who support that team.  A taste of success is all it takes.   

In our contemporary world the words 'customer is always right' no longer has any meaning.

Mokes

Quote from: Statto on November 10, 2017, 04:35:47 PM

Nonetheless I see no reason why they can't talk openly about what they expect from Jokanovic in the rest of the season (now top 6 obviously isn't happening)

Why is it obvious that top 6 isn't happening.. We're not playing to our full potential at the minute, we're 7 points behind 6th with 30 games left to play..

VicHalomsLovechild

No, not worse Stats. Just the realisation of what we actually are now. Fulham is and always will be my Club of choice. I've had season tickets in the past and hopefully will again. I buy bits from the shop and get to the occasional game but that's not enough for me to honestly say I'm a supporter and there are plenty on this board who are in exactly the same position.
I'm really unhappy, as is everyone with current results and things not seeming that great inside the Club but should Tony Khan quit or admit he's wrong? No. The system has generated more good than bad. In terms what was spent, what's been earned and better players (this seasons buys excluded. I think they deserve the best part of a season to find their form/get their chance). Someone who wasn't quite a team player has gone. That's best for all concerned. The system needs working on but overal I think the club is in safer and more ambitious hands than it has been in years.

MikeW

Add him to our list Simply Fulham - see my post elsewhere.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

simplyfulham

Quote from: MikeW on November 13, 2017, 05:40:23 PM
Add him to our list Simply Fulham - see my post elsewhere.

I thought I was! I posted to the wrong thread by accident.