News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cottage Talk Podcast: Should Slavisa Jokanovic Stay Or Should He Go?

Started by Russ Goldman, November 10, 2017, 02:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Goldman

Hi Everyone.

In this episode, we debated the future of Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic. Co-hosts Emilio Di Nello and Scott Tanfield from Friends Of Fulham talked about the differences from last season to this season for Fulham. They also discussed who is ultimately to blame for the results this season.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cottagetalk/2017/11/10/should-slavisa-jokanovic-stay-or-should-he-go

Robbie

I think his time is nearly up.  Few managers turnaround 1 win from 11/12?   The squad look like they have had enough.  Time for fresh ideas in my view.

Chutney

I think it clear that Slav should stay and Tony Khan should go.
C O Y W

BestOfBrede

Jesus Russ!
Even you are prepared to go down this negativity route, or at least discuss it.

What on earth is happening to our club - supporters?
If we have all given up what chance the team?

Not me, I believe Slavisa will turn this round as he is a good coach that has been badly treated, it appears.
We have lost a couple of major players from last season, had injuries to major players this year and, if believed, been forced to accept players that our coaches did not particularly want!
So, things are not great at Super Fulham, but I strongly believe many things, some stated above, have contributed and for sure it seems that Stats man was causing issues.

If the bosses can now really back our manager, players get over injuries and the doom and gloom from supporters is lifted, I think we will be back to our normal great club.

I still believe!

RaySmith

I don't really understand this degree of negativity and panic.

However far it's justified or not, we should get behind the present manager and players - especially at this  moment.

All this negativity  can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. At the  moment there is still plenty of time to turn things round, but if everyone is in total despair, then  that  must affect the team, and the worst  scenarios will come true.

Twig

filham

We are in no position to find a new manager and Jocanovic should at least be given untill the end of the season.
However I will ask the question I raised on another thread. How does our league position look now compared with two years  when we gave Kit the sack, not much different I imagine.

HV71

The answer to your question is relatively simple. ........

You cannot just miss out a year ......

Especially when that year contained some of the most exciting and positive football we have witnessed for years.

That never happened under Kit

This manager was vocal about who he wanted to keep and what he needed...

He didn't get it

Other teams strengthened and we didn't  - and there us no divine right in this league

The distractions off the pitch cannot have helped either - imagine having to consider your tactics for a Suomo wrestling bout just before a press conference

Results are disappointing - but given the above facts and an injury to our best player - what do you expect?

Get real

YoungsBitter

Quote from: HV71 on November 10, 2017, 10:43:41 PM

Especially when that year contained some of the most exciting and positive football we have witnessed for years.

He didn't get it

Other teams strengthened and we didn't  - and there us no divine right in this league

The distractions off the pitch cannot have helped either - imagine having to consider your tactics for a Suomo wrestling bout just before a press conference

Results are disappointing - but given the above facts and an injury to our best player - what do you expect?

Get real

Yes, yes and yes. I just do not get why he has gone from the Messiah to Misfire in some people's minds, he did not suddenly become a crap coach. His tactical nouse always had limits, as do most coaches. What has changed is his team and he asked for changes he did not get.

Emilio may be well meaning but he is driving this line of thinking on Cottage Talk as Jack Collins is on Fulhamish, both are wrong and sadly both have too loud a voice thanks to the Podcasts.
Quark, strangeness and charm

RaySmith

Woolly Mammoth

Jok should be allowed to at least work to the end of his contract. The players have to take a lot of responsibility as well.
However, it is important our performances and results start improving sooner rather than later.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

The opposite argument is that our coach could do nothing with the side he was left with by Kit. The following season we waited until the second half of the season to really play well. Now fans of the coach says that we did well despite the team and because of the coach. Others will look at this and say the coach has had one half of a season of entertaining and exciting football but has been unable to do anything before or after.

Nobody can argue we need players at the back and front of the team. But the question has to be asked with out present home record. Is this the coach that can make this side work.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I think Slav is only good when he has exactly the right players. As lighthouse said he didn't do well for quite a while when he first started due to Kit's squad, and this season without the right players due to recruitment and injuries the team is not doing well again.
I expect in reality he would like to leave Fulham but would miss out moneywise, the club won't want to sack him for the same reason, very expensive, plus there is no obvious better replacement.
I just want to see us win a game this season as it's getting me down a bit, plus my fear is that if we don't start winning we could be facing relegation fears

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

toshes mate

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 10, 2017, 07:32:02 PM
Not me, I believe Slavisa will turn this round as he is a good coach that has been badly treated, it appears.
+1
I listened to this as the equivalent of three tradesmen discussing a leaking roof at the top of a three storey building and deciding that it was the basement that needed refurbishment to solve the problem.

Russ Goldman

Hi Everyone,

Please let me know what you think of this episode once you have listened to it. I think the title of this show is causing some to make judgments on the show before listening and I get that. I will learn from this decision in regards to the title but I do hope you listen because I feel this was one of our best episodes.

Please take a listen and share your thoughts.

filham

Quote from: YoungsBitter on November 10, 2017, 11:49:23 PM

He didn't get it

Get real

Yes, yes and yes. I just do not get why he has gone from the Messiah to Misfire in some people's minds, he did not suddenly become a crap coach. His tactical nouse always had limits, as do most coaches. What has changed is his team and he asked for changes he did not get.

Emilio may be well meaning but he is driving this line of thinking on Cottage Talk as Jack Collins is on Fulhamish, both are wrong and sadly both have too loud a voice thanks to the Podcasts.
Yes, I agree with most of the above although I find it hard to believe that Jocanovic had no influence on the latest summer signings and releases, I assume however we are giving him credit for the previous season's
signings.
I think that Jocanovic should stay at least until the end of the season when his position should be reviewed, if we finish in the bottom six , and we could if current form continues, then a replacement should be considered.

Jocanovic has a lot of fans backing him at the moment but they must keep an eye on results otherwise there is a danger of this support becomming blind faith. Remember we have to have results if we are to remain in the Championship.

Jocanovic has been here two years and so far has given us a half season of magnificent football and results, we now need more.
My question of how do this season's results compare with the results when Kit got the sack are a factor that may become more significant as the season progresses but a clear factual answer right now would help us to see where we stand.

bog

What on earth is going on!! A complete nonsense to even think if a new boss. I think I may have got my point across.  :031:

092.gif

Bassey the warrior

filham

Quote from: bog on November 11, 2017, 02:20:46 PM
What on earth is going on!! A complete nonsense to even think if a new boss. I think I may have got my point across.  :031:

092.gif
But Blog, how many more games at the Cottage without a win do we let go by before we question if perhaps a change of manager should be considered.
Some of us seem content with one win in the last eight, are we now prepared to suffer only one win in the next eight.

I am saying we hold on to Jocanovic at least to the end of the season but there must be an improvement in performances and results.

WayneKerrins

He didn't get it

Get real

Spot on